• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Newflash - your million message board posts a year don't mean shit. In fairness - my quarter million don't either.

Go home, Bubble. You’re drunk.

That's why our program continues to fall apart. People keep missing the obvious and fans let them get away with it.

Ph, come on, it is not an irrational prediction the Moore and Crawford were just testing the waters and would be back. I was solidly in the fire Manning regardless camp because i think when you’re pretty sure the coach isn’t going to get the job done there is no reason to wait (unless Wellman is retiring with in the next few months and a new AD will be hiring a new coach). But, there was no certainty for any of these events. Last season made recruiting success this summer and fall a lower probability, Crawford and Moore’s departures were not a sure thing until they hired agents.

All I’m saying is the last six months are not bad luck or some anomaly. The last six months is what a lot of us thought would happen and the reason why we wanted Manning gone.

I see this stock I took a chance on is showing a hard downward trend, and past indicators show that it's unlikely to turn around and make a big comeback...but I think I'll hang onto it until it completely tanks just to be sure. It deserves that chance. I mean, anything could happen. Doesn't make sense to sell now and invest in something more likely to perform well.

I'm not optimistic, but I am looking forward to seeing what happens this season. Brown, Mucius, Hoard, and Sarr are interesting, even though expectations have to be limited. I think Brown and Sarr make a jump (especially Sarr) and Hoard should be the best freshman we've had in a long time. I have no idea what to expect out of the older transfers.

I expect this will be Manning's last season at Wake, and I understand why he was given this year, but I really wish he wasn't. I don't know what we (Ron) need to see to know that he's not the guy to coach Wake for the next 20 years.

Plus I would bet that most of the “keep ‘em” camp would have changed their minds if they’d know how the summer and Fall recruiting would go plus Crawford and Moore would both be leaving.

This is me

Thought this was the start to a tweet reporting something improper. My first instinct when I see pastner’s name

Baugh played on Team Thad with former Wake target and Xavier commit Daniel Ramsey. KyKy Tandy was the best guard on that team in my opinion. Thad was pretty loaded actually because they had Georgia commit Jaykwon Walton on that team too. I guess Baugh got overlooked because he was the 4th best player on his AAU team. Considering how late it is in the game he's not bad to get involved with, but I'm guessing if we just offered him after sending 3 guys to watch Cole Anthony, Cole must have provided some insight that the staff felt meant we are out of it.

Anthony tweeted on October 12th that he had cut his list and to stay tuned. 9 days later and that updated list hasn't come out yet. Kinda weird. But yeah, we're obviously not getting him.

Anthony tweeted on October 12th that he had cut his list and to stay tuned. 9 days later and that updated list hasn't come out yet. Kinda weird. But yeah, we're obviously not getting him.

He had an OV with Oregon this weekend, will probably release it this week post-visit.

What is the obvious? And what are fans supposed to do? Go full Brutus and stab Wellman or Manning? Unless you are one of the handful of meaningful donors, you can stomp and scream all you want, but it won't do a damn thing. If you want to influence some change, be more than a peon. And in full disclosure, I am a peon.

According to the donald, we are all complicit.

I think we will wrap this class up with Neath, Bilau, and Oguama. This will give us 5 (which I don't like that many in a class) when you add in Massoud and Adrien White who is sitting out after transferring

What is the obvious? And what are fans supposed to do? Go full Brutus and stab Wellman or Manning? Unless you are one of the handful of meaningful donors, you can stomp and scream all you want, but it won't do a damn thing. If you want to influence some change, be more than a peon. And in full disclosure, I am a peon.

Tell me more about this Brutus. Maybe a better looking option around march as we are idle

I think we will wrap this class up with Neath, Bilau, and Oguama. This will give us 5 (which I don't like that many in a class) when you add in Massoud and Adrien White who is sitting out after transferring

I certainly hope not. Neath Bilau and Oguama aren't ACC caliber players. The day they sign is the day Manning should be fired.

Wouldn't Neath theoretically help with Samuel? I would think that would be a main reason to go after him. Massoud, Samuel, Neath, and Bilau wouldn't be horrible.

Back