• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Sorry to say I took the bait on the grad transfer. Let’s just say I wouldn’t not be getting excited. In fact, I can’t understand it based on stats anyway.

Relying on grad transfers is not going to be a winning strategy for Wake Forest. The grad transfers that are any good aren't coming to Wake.

Sorry to say I took the bait on the grad transfer. Let’s just say I wouldn’t not be getting excited. In fact, I can’t understand it based on stats anyway.

This makes me excited! The double negative, "wouldn't not" can only be interpreted as a positive! Two wrongs may not make a right, but two negatives def make a positive ...

Sorry my typing is not good. Someone else can have this scoop. You know “shoot the messenger” has been known to occur in these difficult days.

Sorry my typing is not good. Someone else can have this scoop. You know “shoot the messenger” has been known to occur in these difficult days.

"Shoot the messenger" is one of the favorite games on here.

Just read about the average rankings of the players on the last 10 national championship teams. It became clear that you need, on average, at least two 5-star players on your roster as well as an average recruit ranking in the top 100. Basically recruiting guys outside of the top 100 does not win championships. Seems like if we want to be good again we need to hire a guy who can recruit his ass off.

Just read about the average rankings of the players on the last 10 national championship teams. It became clear that you need, on average, at least two 5-star players on your roster as well as an average recruit ranking in the top 100. Basically recruiting guys outside of the top 100 does not win championships. Seems like if we want to be good again we need to hire a guy who can recruit his ass off.

I don't think anyone here expects to win the national championship. Let us know the average composition of a 9 seed and we can set that as the target.

Would rather a scrub grad transfer than a scrub 4 year player tying up a scholarship. Manning is done. Just hope he doesn't hurt the program further by tying up scholarships on players with no business playing in the acc.

Doral's departure might change some thinking on their part.

Hopefully it isn't too little, too late.

Finke already has listed a final five and has complete/scheduled visits: Stanford, Vanderbilt, Penn State, Nevada, and Grand Canyon.

Ryan Luther is being heavily pursued by Arizona.

Tory Miller-Stewart is being linked to Arkansas (his uncle played there, I guess)

Hopefully it isn't too little, too late.

Finke already has listed a final five and has complete/scheduled visits: Stanford, Vanderbilt, Penn State, Nevada, and Grand Canyon.

Ryan Luther is being heavily pursued by Arizona.

Tory Miller-Stewart is being linked to Arkansas (his uncle played there, I guess)

We aren't getting any of those guys.

1016-rick-pitino-getty-4.jpg

The name is getting out through other outlets now of lkenna Smart from Buffalo Univ. 6.10 240. Saw he played high school in NC and has wife in NC. Seems to be a very bright kid that speaks several languages. Don’t know if this is a done deal or not.

His numbers in a bad league STINK! I'd rather give the minutes to Sunday and Lorng than signing Smart.

Signing a guy this far down the list shows total desperation that could harm 2019 recruiting.

His numbers in a bad league STINK! I'd rather give the minutes to Sunday and Lorng than signing Smart.

Signing a guy this far down the list shows total desperation that could harm 2019 recruiting.

It's over for Manning. He's scrambling to even have enough guys to field a team for next season.

Back