• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

our 2 guard transfers went 11-50 last year

6-23 for charlotte (white), 5-27 for northern arizona (johnson)

White has averaged 25.7 minutes/game for 87 games over three seasons at Charlotte. 12.2 point/game, 42% from the field and 38% from three over his career. More turnovers than assists indicate he is no PG. Desperate times require desperate measures.

Last edited:
Maybe we can get him to take summer school and other courses so he can graduate this summer.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Grad Transfers Ikenna Smart and Torry Johnson to Wake!

our 2 guard transfers went 11-50 last year

6-23 for charlotte (white), 5-27 for northern arizona (johnson)

Isn’t that basically Manning’s conference record at Wake?

ETA: I’m sure Lewis will enjoy sticking around Wake after sitting on the bench behind such accomplished upperclassmen...

It would be insane to count on Lewis. If we get anything out of him then great, but planning for him to be a non factor is the smart play.

It would be insane to count on Lewis. If we get anything out of him then great, but planning for him to be a non factor is the smart play.

I agree. It’s just strange to me. I guess the staff took a flyer on lewis for the same reason and assumed he’d transfer if he was a bench rider?

White seems like a good addition to me.

Decent 3pt shooter his first 2 years. Nobody knows what the roster will look like heading into next season, and there is always turnover.

I don’t know that it says anything about any of the other players... But yeah, it’s a lot of guards.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Grad Transfers Ikenna Smart and Torry Johnson to Wake!

Didn’t know Adrien is the brother of Andrew White III.

Kansas / Nebraska / Syracuse - Now Atlanta Hawks.

Did this come out of left field or had this been discussed as a possibility and I missed it?

Yes, (completely) unsurprisingly, it did. It evidently doesn't take much to get a Wake basketball schollie these days.

i don't know what i think of this

feels like we've got a long list of mediocre to below average guards in our future

we still have another ship to use for 2018-19 assuming no lorng, yes?

We have a long list of mediocre to below average guards in our future. According to Ranger (below), we can't count on Jamie Lewis to contribute anything either. We'll have a trio of low major super seniors, though.

This feels like rock bottom.. Maybe?

Every time I think that we're getting there, shit like this happens.

Should have another ship for this season.

Andrien looks like a good get. He will be 23 playing for us next season. Proven scorer, decent reboubder and an old dude in the locker room is a good thing. He’s had a lot of 20 point games in his career which shows he can put it in the basket.

Old dudes in the locker room didn't do much for us this year.

20 point games? vs. Davidson, @ ECU, @ Old Dominion, @ North Texas, vs. UAB, vs. UTEP, and vs. UTSA on a team whose level of competence made Wake look like Duke. Is that really impressive? Meanwhile, dude put up 3 points (0/7 FG, 0/4 3FG, 3/4 FT), 5 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 assist, and 2 turnovers in 20 minutes against one of the worst Wake teams in recent memory. I just can't get excited about a desperation pickup like this. It's great for White, but it further suggests that we probably won't be very good for a really long time.

God we suck. Taking a sit 1 to play 1 combo guard, instead of recruiting the shit out of Anthony Harris? Put all the chips in on Harris and stop wasting scholarships on guys that won't impact the program. We don't need 4 point guards on scholarship.

Yep. Yep. Yep. We're recruiting a lot of 2019 guards who are ranked highly enough that they could be productive players. Picking up White sounds like Manning and the staff have zero faith they can recruit a top-100 2019 player. It also makes it seem like they have zero faith in Wright and Lewis, combo guards who they recruited, who are already on scholarship, and who will be sophomores by the time White can play.

It's just getting pathetic around here and that has nothing to do with our fan base and its misery.

Andrew White was one of the original [Redacted] misses. He didn't want to play for Manning, either. I'm glad we're getting the (much) worse brother of a former prospect who spurned us twice.

He shot the ball well from three as a freshman and sophomore, but went 32.3% last year on a six win team. Between Torry Johnson and White, are you telling me that our staff can't be expected to recruit a 2018 or 2019 reserve-caliber 6'3 shooting guard who can hit over 33% of his perimeter shots?

Just imagine if a new head coach could construct his own team. Now if we hire a new coach, he will be burdened with all these lesser talents.

Just imagine if a new head coach could construct his own team. Now if we hire a new coach, he will be burdened with all these lesser talents.

Yup. He’s sticking it to the next coach already.

White is a player I think we’d have been excited to get as a transfer a year ago.

His JR season was a clear step backwards.

And Keyshawn Woods is thought of differently now than he was a year ago.

White seems like a guy who could contribute a good amount in a lesser role... Decent shooter/scorer and good defender.

I get that it’s not all that exciting, but I don’t know that it makes me feel worse about anything.

It’d be a great get if he was a grad transfer. But taking two years of scholarships for one season of a mediocre player seems like a stretch.

Andrew White was one of the original [Redacted] misses. He didn't want to play for Manning, either.

Actually he DID want to play for Manning, hence why he committed to Kansas when Danny Manning recruited him. I'm not sure I get what you're trying to say here, but I might just be missing the point.

If he sits out this year and graduates in the spring, then he can transfer from Wake to another school with immediate eligibility as a graduate transfer without ever playing in a game for Wake. Has a school ever had that scenario happen before?

If he sits out this year and graduates in the spring, then he can transfer from Wake to another school with immediate eligibility as a graduate transfer without ever playing in a game for Wake. Has a school ever had that scenario happen before?
Something we could be first at!

Wouldn’t even be mad. That’d be hilarious

If he was coming in for 2018 this would make sense, otherwise not so much. Just tells us the 2019 recruiting process is not going very well outside of Harris and Jared Jones and that the staff has unanswered questions about Lewis, Johnson or Wright (maybe all three)

If he was coming in for 2018 this would make sense, otherwise not so much. Just tells us the 2019 recruiting process is not going very well outside of Harris and Jared Jones and that the staff has unanswered questions about Lewis, Johnson or Wright (maybe all three)

We need a new coaching staff.

Back