• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

It’d be a great get if he was a grad transfer. But taking two years of scholarships for one season of a mediocre player seems like a stretch.

As opposed to our current system where a guy who's nowhere as good as White comes in and sits on the bench for a year or two and then transfers ? This seems like a steal in comparison.

Wake, BC, Vandy or Nova...one of these things is not like the other.

What's not a good sign is that the waiver from the ACC was not approved. He can't go to BC or Wake. Fwiw, I had this info on my site four days ago.

What's not a good sign is that the waiver from the ACC was not approved. He can't go to BC or Wake. Fwiw, I had this info on my site four days ago.

I'm sure DeacFan01 had something to say about not wanting him anyway...

State was allegedly OK with it.

What a bunch of douchebags!

That sucks. Would have been a great signing and, I imagine, this takes us effectively out of the running.

That sucks. Would have been a great signing and, I imagine, this takes us effectively out of the running.

Can't imagine he would be willing to sit a year and lose a year of eligibility to play to go to Wake. ACC rulings are strange.

Can't imagine he would be willing to sit a year and lose a year of eligibility to play to go to Wake. ACC rulings are strange.

Yeah. "Hey you seem like a nice kid and we were happy to have you in the ACC. Sorry it didn't work out at one of our member institutions. I see you have interest in two of our other member institutions. Too bad. Not interested. Bye Felicia!"

It’s kind of a shitty rule, but imagine a scenario in which we lose a signed commit to Duke simply because they had a spot open up. That would be infuriating.

I realize it is apples and oranges, but that’s what is annoying about Clark and Clemson in football.

***Get it? “Oranges” - Clemson (& Tennessee)

We could lose the same kid to Kentucky.

It’s kind of a shitty rule, but imagine a scenario in which we lose a signed commit to Duke simply because they had a spot open up. That would be infuriating.

I realize it is apples and oranges, but that’s what is annoying about Clark and Clemson in football.

We'd have to give the player a full release. We could choose not to give it.

Bey was given a full and free release by State.

Your scenario is not the same.

Seems like pretty shabby treatment of the student-athlete by the ACC.

I realize my scenario isn’t exactly the same, but I’m simply saying there are reasons for the rule.

Bey stated he wanted out of NCSU long before SKJ, so I suspect that didn’t help his case. I think if he had truly been booted from NCSU to make room for another player, the waiver would have been easier to get.

We could lose the same kid to Kentucky.

Of course, but that’s an NCAA issue, not an ACC issue.

I guess it matters less than it used to now that the ACC has more teams and you don’t play everyone twice (and you have numerous NCAA bids from each conference), but I’m just saying I understand the rule. Not saying I support it, especially when every situation is different.

The bottom line is any ACC school can block any player's movement to another ACC school. If the school has no problem with it, the ACC shouldn't have a say in it.

Back