• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Odom did it every year but one because he was a god damned good coach. Y'all need a reality check. Manning ain't winning 8-10 games in conference next year unless Hoard is the next coming of Jesus Shuttlesworth! Even then, we would need to be extremely lucky and have everything break our way. You realize Torry Johnson and Ikenna Smart are going to get significant minutes right? No way this team of disjointed parts and less than optimal shooting ability wins more than 13-15 games total next year.

That is a fair assessment. Still hope we can add a player from somewhere that is not a project. Most of the other ACC teams have a better roster than us. Don’t look forward to another losing season.

I expect the team to struggle, but also expect Hoard to be the best player Wake has had in quite some time.

has anyone here predicted WF will win 8-10 league games next year?

Someone above just said he/she thinks they could win half their league games (all home games presumably)...but maybe I didn't get the context because such a ludicrous prediction would cause one to dismiss it out of hand and just move on to the next comment.

Need Chill to be a 40% shooter from deep. Need our guys to shoot a collective 75%+ from the charity stripe. Need Sarr to be about 20 lbs heavier. Need Brown to be able to create his shot, drive, dish and knock down the 3.

We have no depth is the issue. On paper, I couldn't imagine that we don't have a top-10 starting 5. Please correct me I'm wrong.

Ga Tech, BC, Pitt should be awful. I think we'll be lumped in with State/Clemson/FSU/ND for the 8-12 spots. Going to need to not be the unluckiest team in college hoops next year also. That will help our cause.

Someone above just said he/she thinks they could win half their league games (all home games presumably)...but maybe I didn't get the context because such a ludicrous prediction would cause one to dismiss it out of hand and just move on to the next comment.

half of our home conference games. 5-4 at home

I'm not as concerned about depth as some. duke plays 7 some seasons. Manning often plays too many people that don't look like they are playing well enough to deserve those minutes.

Our bigs rotation is just terrible. That's the biggest issue for me. Sarr was the worst offensive player by a lot last year on an absolutely terrible team, and we're relying on him to be our #1 big. Not ideal. I think he's still a year away.

Our bigs rotation is just terrible. That's the biggest issue for me. Sarr was the worst offensive player by a lot last year on an absolutely terrible team, and we're relying on him to be our #1 big. Not ideal. I think he's still a year away.

Yeah, Moore not being there really hurts...We will see if Sarr is ready. I really like him as a player, but not sure he is ready to handle the load yet. Relying upon a freshman and a sophomore to fill the 4 and 5 spots is not ideal in the least.

I think once the game slows down a little for Sarr, it will make a world of difference. His kit is ready, but his mind isn't. Given his playing time, I was hoping to see signs of it clicking for him by the end of the season, but it just didn't happen. I think I remember people mentioning that he was late getting onto campus last year, so hopefully being the go to guy for all of preseason will show dividends.

Cheddi Mosely went to LaSalle. Will be interesting to compare his numbers to Johnson here and BagBoy Nino at SMU.

I hope Johnson does his best to help us get 2020 PG Adam Miller here. Recruiting for us could end up being his biggest asset.

I think once the game slows down a little for Sarr, it will make a world of difference. His kit is ready, but his mind isn't. Given his playing time, I was hoping to see signs of it clicking for him by the end of the season, but it just didn't happen. I think I remember people mentioning that he was late getting onto campus last year, so hopefully being the go to guy for all of preseason will show dividends.

He was late getting to campus which hurt his lifting and getting used to the American style of play as did not having any time off. Add to this that bigs usually mature later than guards and there are many reasons to be encouraged.

Think the OOC schedule will have a few good teams but will mostly be littered with complete cupcakes a la Bz's last year. Without knowing the full schedule yet, I'll go 9 OOC wins and 6 conference wins for a completely uninspiring 15 wins. Bye, Daniel.

This seems like the most likely outcome in my book.

I agree with Creamy. If Chill can learn to play within himself, I think he can be a very good leader and facilitator on this team. Not a top point guard in the ACC by any means - but a good one.

Back