• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Wake makes the Final 5 for Ismael Massoud and gets an OV scheduled. Think local Rutgers is the team to beat here

I'm starting to think that Wake's chances for Anthony Harris are improving. Buzz has yet to get any commits for the Hokies for 2019 and his top assistant recently left for ECU, of all places. Former VT commit, B.J. Mack, has eliminated Tech but is still listing ECU; probably not a coincidence. With the transfer of Khadim Sy, Tech now has 7 schollys available. Its offer list has shrunk from 52 to 33 over the last month or so with kids verballing elsewhere. Maybe recruits are getting bad vibes (from somewhere) about Buzz's long term prospects in B-burg.

Wake makes the Final 5 for Ismael Massoud and gets an OV scheduled. Think local Rutgers is the team to beat here

His list is fun...one to get paid- Auburn...one for mom- Harvard.. one to be close to home- Rutgers...then Wake and GT...

I'm starting to think that Wake's chances for Anthony Harris are improving. Buzz has yet to get any commits for the Hokies for 2019 and his top assistant recently left for ECU, of all places. Former VT commit, B.J. Mack, has eliminated Tech but is still listing ECU; probably not a coincidence. With the transfer of Khadim Sy, Tech now has 7 schollys available. Its offer list has shrunk from 52 to 33 over the last month or so with kids verballing elsewhere. Maybe recruits are getting bad vibes (from somewhere) about Buzz's long term prospects in B-burg.

Does not compute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9bdgSuE0Pg

Ismael video. Me likey

From 247 https://247sports.com/Article/Four-...d-cuts-list-to-five-sets-officials-120797141/

He’ll then visit Wake Forest the weekend of the 22nd, Georgia Tech the weekend of the 29th and Rutgers on October 6th.

Massoud broke down what sticks out to him about each of his five finalists:

Harvard: “They speak for themselves. The academics are a big factor. That’s an opportunity I want to look at and measure into it a little more.”

Auburn: “They have a great coach, a great culture. They’ve been really good in the SEC as of late. I feel like coach [Bruce] Pearl knows how to develop players and get them to the next level.

Wake Forest: “They have great player development. They have a good 2018 class. They are on the rise in the ACC. I felt like it would be a good fit to learn from Danny Manning and coach [Randolph] Childress and all of that.

Georgia Tech: “Coach [Josh] Pastner, like Wake Forest, they are trying to come on the rise in the ACC. They are building something over there and it would be cool to get to know them more and be apart of that.

Rutgers: “They’ve recruited me the hardest of all of the schools and the longest. Coach [Steve] Pikiellis really on to something at Rutgers. It’ll be really cool to potentially stay and play in front of family and friends.”

Last edited:
Sounds to me that GT and Harvard are no threat. We need to hope he values our academics enough over Auburn while still believing Manning can get him to the League. And that he is okay bring away from home.

Sounds to me that GT and Harvard are no threat. We need to hope he values our academics enough over Auburn while still believing Manning can get him to the League. And that he is okay bring away from home.

Praising the culture at Auburn? He needs to Google Bruce Pearl.

Praising the culture at Auburn? He needs to Google Bruce Pearl.

I chuckled at that too. Auburn got the most praise out of the group.

Wonder if Mucius knows him? Similarly ranked players who were #1 ranked player in NY in their respective classes. Same position and height.

What's cool with him is that he has been listed as a SG on his video, a SF on a couple of sites and a PF on a site. I love 6'8 SGs who can play.

I'm not sure those reasons really favor Wake. We have an assistant who just left after killing someone and a head coach who's less likely to be at Wake than Buzz is to be at VT.

Last edited:
Back