• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Jr. Childress will be better than Freshman Ayo. Of that I am confident.

ETA: obviously, I'd like both. But for one season, I'll take Chill.

Illinois' Scout reporter was planning to head to the THT commitment as of this morning. Now not planning to go. Hilarious. Lots of smoke to the fire that IU pulled the offer this morning.

Chill/Wright and the other PG we'll sign this class, Brown/Woods, Hoard/Melo, Mucius/Sarr and Doral/Sam in 2018.

That lineup will have us competing for an ACC and NCAAT. We don't need Ayo.

I've still got 4 years of eligibility left, and I promise not to upset Ayo. Maybe I should tryout for the 2018 Illinois team.

how long until DEACfanForLIFE and realWFfan and DEACTILiDIE come on to tell us as fellow wake fans these rumors are nonsense while also reminding us of underwood's offensive efficiency at Stephen F. Austin.

He said to him, “You shall love the Mark Smith with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Thus Ayo accepted THT.

Wendell Moore Down to 10

Class of 2019 wing Wendell Moore from Cox Mill High School in North Carolina is down to Duke, North Carolina, Florida State, Ohio State, Wake Forest, NC State, South Carolina, Washington, Kansas and Maryland. Moore pointed out that six of these schools have recruited him the hardest.

“UNC, Wake Forest, NC State, Duke, Maryland and Washington have recruited me the hardest to this point,” said Moore.

May not be so cut and dried. One year of a Prima Donna with eyes only for the Association or 4 years of a good player that may give a more sustained boost to the program.

I still am not convinced that Childress as a senior would be behind Ayo as a freshman. Four years of maturation and coaching can make up a lot of ground. Unless the one year player is really all that, you are getting a guy that is still learning and will make a bunch of mistakes.

Cut and dried?

According to this article, Illinois pulled the kid's offer:

https://www.suntimeshighschoolsport...linois-passed-on-simeons-talen-horton-tucker/

But it never happened. Horton-Tucker never gave Illinois an oral commitment because the offer was taken off the table by Illinois.

Last week Dosunmu committed to Illinois. It was a major recruiting coup for coach Brad Underwood and his new staff. But then things got complicated. As the week progressed and after the official visit it looked more and more like Horton-Tucker might choose Illinois.

The Dosunmu camp apparently never reached a point where they felt like they were comfortable playing with Horton-Tucker again, so the Illinois staff was forced to choose. They stuck with Dosunmu.

Ayo is not worth a shitty assistant coach and burning bridges with a Chicago powerhouse high school

Idiots

This is Coach Manning's new secret weapon in the recruiting wars.

i-6xBvjgV-XL.jpg

Bought it at the new golf cart outlet in Mt Airy owned by Trey Leonard.

Ayo is not worth a shitty assistant coach and burning bridges with a Chicago powerhouse high school

Idiots

Well, it would be for us, but not for Illinois. We can get rid of the coach and never have to worry about some HS in Chicago again.

The question is why was Illinois still recruiting THT at all if this was such a big deal

They probably thought they could smooth it over until they couldn't.

The question is why was Illinois still recruiting THT at all if this was such a big deal

I think Ayo said something about not caring who he plays with a while ago and then his dad said something about wanting Chicago talent to stay local. Maybe UI's staff didn't know it was such a big deal, who knows.

Regardless, Iowa State got 3 commits from the Chicago area in this class. Not sure how interested the others were, but all 3 had UI offers.

Back