• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Look for a commitment in the next 5-10 days. I really can't see our staff not landing another 2018 PG and wanting him to be in the fold sooner rather than later.

I agree (highly likely to be Lewis) this will likely happen but personally think the ship needs to go to a Center type

I agree (highly likely to be Lewis) this will likely happen but personally think the ship needs to go to a Center type

Yeah, we have been most involved with Lewis and all signs point to it being Lewis.

I just don't know if there are any big's left though. Jamie Lewis will round out a nice class and should keep us in the top 10...At least top 15 when all is said and done.

That is sort of a bummer as the staff apparently knows Crawf won't be around after the season. The roster next season is just on the cusp of potentially being elite & Crawf would be the piece to get them there. Signing a 14th player that plays PG wouldn't make sense in less they were close to certain he is gone.

Yah mon. I don't see much of a chance that Crawford comes back. Don't underestimate Junior Childress though.

so even if crawford has a disappointing season for whatever reason. he's just gonna go? that's it, decision has been made 100% when he didn't even test the waters last year?

i'll take y'alls word for it but it doesn't make sense unless there's something we don't know about.

I still think Wright has the skills to play pg.

Yeah, I don't disagree. I just think the staff has a firm grasp of our incoming recruits skill set and they feel like we need to scoop up another ball handler to compliment Chill and to a lesser extent, Wright.

Didn’t someone mention Jamie Lewis was a top 40 guy before injury? If we could steal him late that seems like it would be a huge move.

i'm okay with a late add of Lewis or Drinnon. they are decently rated with good offer sheets. it'll probably hurt us with Anthony Harris.

if we take someone just to take them at the position if we can't get Lewis or Drinnon, that hardly ever works out well. especially if we're just predicating it on a possible monster Crawford season.

It seems Wright is often referred to as a 4 star here. What source states that as the composite on 247 is that is he around 225? I doubt he is going to be able to come in & help run point on day one.

well that would be awesome

he's better than devoe

My source says Lewis is EASY a top 60 guy when healthy. That would be a really great get.

Look for a commitment in the next 5-10 days. I really can't see our staff not landing another 2018 PG and wanting him to be in the fold sooner rather than later.

As mentioned, I fully anticipate Crawford leaving after this season. If he does, that leaves us with only 1 proven ball handler in B-Chill. Going to need to get another true PG. I prefer this route versus the grad transfer route.

It's not me.

It seems Wright is often referred to as a 4 star here. What source states that as the composite on 247 is that is he around 225? I doubt he is going to be able to come in & help run point on day one.

Wright is ranked 4-stars, 82/100, and is ranked as the #24 SG in the class of 2018.

Jamie Lewis, 2018 PG
6'2-6'3, 185-190

ESPN: 4-star, UR, #27 PG
Rivals: 4-star, #98 overall
Scout: ??? [Does Scout exist anymore?]
247: 4-star, #88 overall, #18 PG

My source says Lewis is EASY a top 60 guy when healthy. That would be a really great get.

I just checked and he got as high as no. 38 nationally and 5th best point guard (pre injury). Would be huge. He’s also 6-3. Get done Danny.

What happened with him and State? I seem to remember people saying it was mutual.

Back