• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Is he any good at the JC level?

13 min per game. No starts. Team was 27-5, 9-3 conf (second).
7.9 ppg. 60% shooting. 0-0 threes
5.4 reb/gm. (2.2 off, 3.1 def)
15 assist. 30 turnovers.
So he scored and rebounded OK in limited minutes.
If you want advanced stats, look him up on the Chipola college sports web site.

I heard that now that Manning is back in the Black and Gold that we are officially a lock for Cole Anthony. The reason why he has waited on the commitment this long is to confirm Danny will be the coach. SCOOOOOP.

I realize this is being facetious but it MIGHT be true, actually. Anthony is definitely leaning UNC but isn't a 100% lock at this point. The staff has felt very good about their time with him and every interaction has been extremely positive, is what I hear. Cole also has many friends already on the Wake team. With everyone expecting to return (sans Hoard, who is a maybe), Wake may still be an appealing destination for Anthony.

People are also forgetting about Adrien White, the UNCC transfer who sat out this year. All indications are that the dude can flat out ball and will be a starter next year, thereby filling a massive hole with our backcourt.

Manning knows he has to turn it around in every area: how practices are run, complete overhaul on how to approach defense, etc. That has been made clear to him in the evaluation a few weeks ago. I think he's firmly committed to "going against the grain" of what he's been used to, which at this point, can only yield good results based on what we've seen.

I realize this is being facetious but it MIGHT be true, actually. Anthony is definitely leaning UNC but isn't a 100% lock at this point. The staff has felt very good about their time with him and every interaction has been extremely positive, is what I hear. Cole also has many friends already on the Wake team. With everyone expecting to return (sans Hoard, who is a maybe), Wake may still be an appealing destination for Anthony.

People are also forgetting about Adrien White, the UNCC transfer who sat out this year. All indications are that the dude can flat out ball and will be a starter next year, thereby filling a massive hole with our backcourt.

Manning knows he has to turn it around in every area: how practices are run, complete overhaul on how to approach defense, etc. That has been made clear to him in the evaluation a few weeks ago. I think he's firmly committed to "going against the grain" of what he's been used to, which at this point, can only yield good results based on what we've seen.

What? What accountability does he have? If there was ever a time to tell him he needed to change his ways, it was long ago. So either they didn’t tell him, or they told him and he wasn’t held accountable. How was this evaluation any different?

Fans buying these narratives is how they buy more time. #newbeginnings

Could there actually be a possibility of getting Anthony? That would be a reason to keep Danny.

I don't think there's a chance but that's the only reason to keep him...

Unless “it” is the basketball program. But I look forward to the usual routine of hyping up the UNCC transfer only to bash him later and people saying the players ranked in the 300s will be better than we think.

Do you really think Wellman has the capacity to critique what a basketball coach is doing wrong, and needs to improve?

as of right now, this second, we're at 2019-20 scholarship capacity, correct?

4 incoming freshmen
4 rising sophs - Hoard, Mucius, Wright, Wynn
2 rising juniors - Brown, Sarr
2 rising seniors - Childress, Andrien White
1 6th-year player - Torry Johnson

You know this how? Would like to think it is true but we really have no reason to think RW gave him any such ultimatum given the circumstances...

as of right now, this second, we're at 2019-20 scholarship capacity, correct?

4 incoming freshmen
4 rising sophs - Hoard, Mucius, Wright, Wynn
2 rising juniors - Brown, Sarr
2 rising seniors - Childress, Andrien White
1 6th-year player - Torry Johnson

I believe Torry Johnson's appeal for a sixth year of eligibility is still pending at NCAA.

Hopefully Wynn and Johnson move along. No offense to either but I think they'd be better suited elsewhere.

We also still have the option of Childress walking on and using his dads discount for his senior year.

Manning still has Hoard’s scholarship plus the scholarships from any upcoming transfers out of the program.

Hopefully Wynn and Johnson move along. No offense to either but I think they'd be better suited elsewhere.

We also still have the option of Childress walking on and using his dads discount for his senior year.

I hope, for the sake of his career, Randolph leaves and takes a job as an assistant at some other P6 school or a low low major HC position. He needs to get out of here asap if he has any hope of a coaching career following his time with this shit show. At least he has a bit of a reputation as a good recruiter for now.

Back