• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

That trainer obviously worked Smith and Massoud on step back Js in the lane area. Each of them took a good number of those shots. If you can master it, that's an unguardable shot.

Similar to how Hoard should've been used this past season, Massoud even more so should be a matchup problem where he takes smaller players in the post and taller players on the perimeter. If you're 6'8 or 6'9 and can hit an open 3, or drive by a slow big man and finish at the rim, or post up 6'5 and under guys and shoot over the top you have to force the mismatch. There aren't a ton of guys 6'8 or taller that are comfortable guarding skilled perimeter players, and even if they are good defenders, taking them out of the paint opens up room for guards to drive and finish or kick out for the open 3 when help D comes. Its not like our half court sets are wonderful and have all types of motion and action. We run basic PnR garbage half the time, just force a switch on to Massoud and let him take big guys deep and short guys in the post.

I think our biggest problem on offense was not using Hoard and dribbling waaaaaaay too much. We need to use PnR while moving not simply pick and stop. Massoud could also be very valuable as being the third guy in a PnR as a spot up shooter.

It would have been so nice to have brought in Anthony Harris... Instead, we have to hope that Neath doesn't suck as a PG. Unless, of course, you're on team "Burn it all to the ground"... In which case, things are looking up!

Yeah, we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in that recruitment. What a mess.

I mean, as long as the hopeful believers and "burn it to the ground" reactionaries aren't such condescending pricks again this off-season, I don't care about the teams. The Manning stans were so awful last summer and into the fall, though. So awful. And given the lack of crow that has been eaten, I can't imagine that changing much this off-season.

Whoa whoa whoa. Slow your roll rj. No need to confuse danny with schemes and game plans. Just string practices together, roll the ball out, and get to the line. Rinse. Repeat. Another L on the books and $ in the bank.

Yeah, we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in that recruitment. What a mess.

I mean, as long as the hopeful believers and "burn it to the ground" reactionaries aren't such condescending pricks again this off-season, I don't care about the teams. The Manning stans were so awful last summer and into the fall, though. So awful. And given the lack of crow that has been eaten, I can't imagine that changing much this off-season.

Agree, but most of that was just RChill. He's gone for now.

Whoa whoa whoa. Slow your roll rj. No need to confuse danny with schemes and game plans. Just string practices together, roll the ball out, and get to the line. Rinse. Repeat. Another L on the books and $ in the bank.

Don't forget the paint touches.... :tard:

Agree, but most of that was just RChill. He's gone for now.

There are and will be others, I'm sure. It's not bad phandom or even pessimism to believe that we're going to suck next year. It's just reality.

Anthony Harris to UNC-CH.

This makes me angry and sad.

It was one thing when he committed to VT and Buzz... But now he’s going to UNC with Cole Anthony. And pretty much out of the blue?

We are so fucking far from being relevant, it’s depressing.

The ONLY thing I can hold on to as a glimmer of hope is that Currie gets so fed up with Wake getting destroyed game after game that he decides he needs to break the bank on a cant miss hire. Doesn’t seem likely, but I don’t have much else that makes me optimistic.

It was one thing when he committed to VT and Buzz... But now he’s going to UNC with Cole Anthony. And pretty much out of the blue?

The ONLY thing I can hold on to as a glimmer of hope is that Currie gets so fed up with Wake getting destroyed game after game that he decides he needs to break the bank on a cant miss hire. Doesn’t seem likely, but I don’t have much else that makes me optimistic.

Thad Matta next spring.

I almost hate to even type this, and obviously this isn't going to happen, but OKC might fire Donovan next week...

Back