• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Derrik Smits, of Valpo fame for his 23 point 7 rebound performance against Wake Forest, is planning to grad transfer for next season. Would be a nice pickup for Wake Forest at the 5.

Derrik Smits, of Valpo fame for his 23 point 7 rebound performance against Wake Forest, is planning to grad transfer for next season. Would be a nice pickup for Wake Forest at the 5.

The Indy Star says he is also declaring for the NBA draft.

It would be nice for the new coach to convince him otherwise....

Bonner's most famous athlete is Heisman Trophy winner John Cappeletti. He was also a very good basketball player.

Last edited:
He's listed as 6-8 yet he's significantly shorter than Manning.

While I strongly agree it is in everyone's best interest for DM and WFU to go their separate ways, you have to give the man credit for continuing to work hard on the recruiting front given the current negative cloud surrounding his job security (or lack thereof).

While I strongly agree it is in everyone's best interest for DM and WFU to go their separate ways, you have to give the man credit for continuing to work hard on the recruiting front given the current negative cloud surrounding his job security (or lack thereof).
Ehhh...if he thinks he's going to keep coaching, he's just doing work for his next job on Wake Forest's dime.

I'm in sales and I travel a good bit for work.

If I ever thought I was about to get fired, you can bet your ass I'd be out on the road as much as possible in an attempt to avoid a face to face meeting w/ my boss.

Obviously this is different, but maybe Manning thinks he can't get fired if he's up in Canada for the week.

If I ever thought I was about to get fired, you can bet your ass I'd be out on the road as much as possible in an attempt to avoid a face to face meeting w/ my boss.

Obviously this is different, but maybe Manning thinks he can't get fired if he's up in Canada for the week.

Rack up those credit card rewards and file a BIG expense report when you get back!

There's that as well. Manning strikes me as someone who avoids anything confrontational. Would rather his agent handle everything while he travels around and avoids the office.

All the Texas A&M 4-stars are free and back on the market. Of course, no one wants to join this shit show run by clowns.

All the more reason we need to figure out this coach thing.

Can we lock and delete any threads relating to basketball recruiting? we all know the players he is getting wont stay to develop...or will transfer when they realize they don't belong in the ACC

Can we lock and delete any threads relating to basketball recruiting? we all know the players he is getting wont stay to develop...or will transfer when they realize they don't belong in the ACC

We need a separate grad transfer thread. It looks like we will be active in that market again.

Back