• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Makes one wonder why Ayo committed the week before THT's weekend visit unless Ayo really wanted to stay near home and wanted to send a message to THT that he needed to go elsewhere knowing the hard feelings that existed and now THT is surprising everyone by being willing to come to Ill to play along with Ayo and get over any hurt feelings. Very interesting drama and wonder also what was communicated to Ayo and his parents by the Illini coaching staff about THT's recruiting although not sure why they would be surprised when they knew THT was coming in the following weekend so you have to know the kid might also want to go there???? Guess we will see how it unfolds over next week.

Can't read too much into tea leaves. When Nolley committed to VT I saw that as confirmation that Ayo was not headed to UI.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...ay-quentin-grimes-florida-wendell-moore-miami

Wendell Moore has not been short of college interest or offers. The 6-foot-5 wing sports elite length, has improved his ball skills and is extremely versatile on the court. Born and raised in North Carolina, Moore has been a priority for some of the best programs in the region ever since he first stepped foot onto a high school playing floor.

Wake Forest, located less than a two-hour drive from his home, has made Moore a priority. Danny Manning has not been afraid to go after highly-ranked prospects and has landed top-50 recruits in consecutive recruiting classes. However, landing Moore would be Manning’s biggest recruiting coup to date because of the stiff competition that he is facing from the other in-state programs.

Duke just offered Moore two weeks ago and the Blue Devils, while they still have some time to go before they finish out their 2018 class, would love nothing more than to lock down the top-50 junior.

North Carolina may arguably be the best program in America at constantly nailing down commitments from prospects out of the younger classes. The Tar Heels have already notched the verbal commitment of four-star 2019 guard Jeremiah Francis and there has been a growing sentiment that they could do just the same with Moore.

Kansas just offered, and Maryland, NC State and several others continue to pursue him, but the Tar Heels remain the favorite for Moore's commitment. That pledge that could happen a bit earlier than expected, though the recent offer from Duke and the continued pursuance of Wake Forest could slow things down some.

i know what the posters somewhat in the know have to say on this topic and it has been argued ad naseum, but i'd like to state one more time after the draftexpress piece that crawford's nba draft stock is really low now. it's worse that i expected and probably what he's worth. problem is these drafts are getting so deep. he isn't getting buzz from major outlets that are tapped in. and he had an already very good year as a soph. he could have a huge year and i'm sure that is his aspiration and it's entirely possible he's gets drafted after this year. but is absolutely insane that it's become the default position that he's gone. i'd hope he'd choose to finish at wake instead of go play in europe early, not that i would judge him for it but it's not the same as dinos.

Plenty of juniors with low stock declare early.

i know what the posters somewhat in the know have to say on this topic and it has been argued ad naseum, but i'd like to state one more time after the draftexpress piece that crawford's nba draft stock is really low now. it's worse that i expected and probably what he's worth. problem is these drafts are getting so deep. he isn't getting buzz from major outlets that are tapped in. and he had an already very good year as a soph. he could have a huge year and i'm sure that is his aspiration and it's entirely possible he's gets drafted after this year. but is absolutely insane that it's become the default position that he's gone. i'd hope he'd choose to finish at wake instead of go play in europe early, not that i would judge him for it but it's not the same as dinos.

Leaving to play European ball early seems kind of dumb and uncommon. How many people have done that? Dinos is an exception because he went to play back at home.

Leaving to play European ball early seems kind of dumb and uncommon. How many people have done that? Dinos is an exception because he went to play back at home.

Well if 137 college players leave early, they know they can't all make it to the NBA.

Plenty of juniors with low stock declare early.

yeah but it's not usually a given they're going to do so and/or treated as a good decision. and the take on here seems to be the thinking is he's going to play himself into the late first/early second area, which is a huuuuge stretch based on how much tape he already has and where he is now.

Well if 137 college players leave early, they know they can't all make it to the NBA.

Is that the number that declared or stayed in? I thought the number that stayed in was somewhere in the 70s.

I can't see Crawford going early unless he thinks he has an outside chance at the late first round (so basically unless he's top 40 on most draft boards. If he's a borderline end of the second round pick I just don't see the incentive to go early.

I'm assuming he likes it at Wake and the ingredients will be in place next year for him to get a ton of exposure which can up his draft stock even without any improvement. On top of that, I doubt that the drop in draft stock solely attributable to age is linear. So "being a year older" hurtsnyou less between Jr/Sr year than between Fr/So year.

There is almost no chance Crawford works himself into the Top 40. But yet the rumors persist.

Truth is, we have no idea what might drive Crawford’s decision.

He’s at least getting buzz for all-ACC (sometimes first team)... So that’s something.

We’ll see what happens, but I’m confident Danny will give him good advice. If his NBA fallback is playing PG for us next season, I’d be more than ok with that. Seems like that’d be a better springboard into the pros than hoping to make a NBA roster undrafted.

He’s at least getting buzz for all-ACC (sometimes first team)... So that’s something.

We’ll see what happens, but I’m confident Danny will give him good advice. If his NBA fallback is playing PG for us next season, I’d be more than ok with that. Seems like that’d be a better springboard into the pros than hoping to make a NBA roster undrafted.

especially since our team would be absolutely filthy if he stayed

Back