• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Looks like Neath has the swagger that comes with being the best player in his country.

Is Neath a PG? We desperately need one...

yes, he is - which is another reason to say goodbye to Torry Johnson and let the kid sink or swim (understanding Childress is going to play 35 minutes per game if healthy)

If he is serviceable they need to get b chill off the ball more of the time.

Neath looks pretty decent in that video. I understand it’s Canada but he definitely seems like he could be a useful player.

yes, he is - which is another reason to say goodbye to Torry Johnson and let the kid sink or swim (understanding Childress is going to play 35 minutes per game if healthy)

Best case is he's good enough to play 15 min/gm at point and then BChill can play some at the two. And cut his total minutes some, maybe to low 30's.

Best case is he's good enough to play 15 min/gm at point and then BChill can play some at the two. And cut his total minutes some, maybe to low 30's.

Presumably White will fill a decent amount of time at SG along with Chaundee. If White is as good a shooter as advertised I could definitely see him playing a lot with Brown when we go to a smaller lineup.

yeah, given Brandon's size and the other options at SG, I don't want to see Brandon at the 2

yeah, given Brandon's size and the other options at SG, I don't want to see Brandon at the 2

If Hoard leaves, the recruits better be able to cover 40 min at PF, or grad transfer PF or lots of small ball. BChill is the 2 in that scenario. He's the best proven shooter on the team.

I just don't want him to be over played. He's not a classic pg. Not that he can't run some point but thats not been his game. Maybe it could be with fewer minutes and better players to pass to.

Neath looks pretty decent in that video. I understand it’s Canada but he definitely seems like he could be a useful player.

Agreed. He looks strong and athletic for a pg. He’s coming off a pretty significant injury, right?

He seems to be getting a lot of hype on Twitter. Maybe that’s just what the Canadian basketball scene does? A dude who seems closely associated with Canadian basketball (Tariq Sbiet) tweeted “Wake Forest commit Jahcobi Neath will play in the NBA one day. 6'3 playmaker, super athlete, & most of all GREAT CHARACTER--translating into success on & off floor.”

I’m rally, really mad. I’m furious at how everything has played out over the last 9 years. I don’t think I’ll go to many basketball games this year, unless God decided to toss us a bone and deliver us Cole Anthony. I’d go just to see the top player in the country, if for no other reason.

But a part of me wants to to see how Brandon Childress wraps up his WF career. That dude has been a warrior in every way a 21 year old player, forced into leadership too early can be a warrior. I also want to see Chaundee Brown..He was playing at a really high level towards the end of the year. The Development of Sarr will be paramount to any possible success the team will have. He will be another guy who I’ll be curious to watch develop and possibly reach his potential.

I guess what I’m saying is that the players are the only ones who aren’t complicit in this entire shit storm. For that, I won’t cheer against their success.

Every time that I see Torry Johnson I think of Lamont from the movie American History X.

Lamont-american-history-x-33639618-200-200.jpg
Hey. Lamont did not throw that TV.

He DROPPED it.

333 players reported to be in the transfer portal as of yesterday. No breakdown between grad and regular.

Back