• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Confession: I haven't kept up at all with recruiting for the past year since I assumed Manning was out and this was pointless. Can someone please give like a quick summary of the recruits we have coming in this fall? Is there anyone good? The fact that I haven't heard any names leads me to assume we don't have a Hoard incoming. Thanks.

Confession: I haven't kept up at all with recruiting for the past year since I assumed Manning was out and this was pointless. Can someone please give like a quick summary of the recruits we have coming in this fall? Is there anyone good? The fact that I haven't heard any names leads me to assume we don't have a Hoard incoming. Thanks.

They all basically suck. At least one of them is canadian. That's all you need to know.

Beyond comprehension how any good player would want to come to WF now given our players underperform both individually and as a team and guessing you will develop horrible habits that will further hinder your development as a player if you have any pro abilities.

Plus who wants to come play at a program in an empty Joel. You think it was bad this past year???? Only the dolts would go to a game next year or those who want to go to an ACC game and have front row seats without paying for them.

Go to www.verbalcommits.com for info. If you use the other offers a recruit receives as a measuring stick, I'd say the class is middlin'.

What level of bottom feeding will our staff be doing now? I am expecting some RJ Rondale threads in the near future

This website is confusing as hell, but it appears we have 4 commits, none of whom are ranked. Is that correct? .

That's why I look at the "other offers" rather than rankings. For example, Massoud had offers from 7 teams that made the NCAAT, including some with decent seeds. If Chris Beard at TT thinks the kid can play, that's good enough for me.

do we have schollies for a grad transfer?

As of this moment, Wake should have room for fuve new players for fall 2019.

There were two vacancies during the 2018-2019 season.

Christian Lorng never showed up at Wake.
Jamie Lewis left.
Ikenna Smart finishes his eligibility.

Three signees in fall 2018. One spring verbal commit (can't sign until April).

So space for a grad.

Unknown: Does NCAA grant Torrey Johnson his 6th year?
Hoard declared for the NBA draft. Will he return?

First post, my dude.

and with that - I’m done, y’all. Somebody else can do this thread. Lock, ban, delete...

Been a hell of a run, Strick. Sorry that my scoop let everyone down. Time to move on to bigger and better things, like family, booze, another team, etc.

As of this moment, Wake should have room for fuve new players for fall 2019.

There were two vacancies during the 2018-2019 season.

Christian Lorng never showed up at Wake.
Jamie Lewis left.
Ikenna Smart finishes his eligibility.

Three signees in fall 2018. One spring verbal commit (can't sign until April).

So space for a grad.

Unknown: Does NCAA grant Torrey Johnson his 6th year?
Hoard declared for the NBA draft. Will he return?

lets hope not

I heard that now that Manning is back in the Black and Gold that we are officially a lock for Cole Anthony. The reason why he has waited on the commitment this long is to confirm Danny will be the coach. SCOOOOOP.

Danny has been turned down by the leading scorer at the Braille Academy.

Christian Lorng is a theoretical verbal commit. However, his issue was eligibility. He is in Chipola Jr College. Safe to say he won't be a 2019 or 2020 recruit.

ETA: Interesting to see that 8 of the 14 players on the Chipola roster are international.

Last edited:
Back