• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Agree on silencing the Ayo talk. Sorry about that. Looking forward to our 19 class. I think a lot of it will depend on the success of this years team. If Manning can follow up last years success with more we should get our share.

If Moore breaks out and BC can sneak into the first round we will really start to gain momentum.

Wright is ranked 4-stars, 82/100, and is ranked as the #24 SG in the class of 2018.

Jamie Lewis, 2018 PG
6'2-6'3, 185-190

ESPN: 4-star, UR, #27 PG
Rivals: 4-star, #98 overall
Scout: ??? [Does Scout exist anymore?]
247: 4-star, #88 overall, #18 PG

Pretty sure 247 and Scout are the same group now

Crawford has to have a really big year to stay in the draft IMO and it is not a 100% thing either way. I do expect him to put his name in the draft to at least test the waters regardless of the type year he has. Hope that answers any questions what the outlook is, at least according to my sources

Lewis was a USA basketball invitee pre injury. How bad was his injury?

Lewis was a USA basketball invitee pre injury. How bad was his injury?

He's had a few. He missed his freshman season recovering from a knee injury and it sounds like he had ankle and shoulder injuries during his junior season (2016-17).

Here is an article from June when he committed to State:

He said he first heard from N.C. State’s coaching staff in April. He said the coaches told him he would probably play as a freshman.

“That was key,” Lewis said.

His visit on Thursday to N.C. State sealed the deal for him.

Lewis didn’t play much last season due to nagging ankle and shoulder injuries. During his sophomore season in 2016, Lewis averaged 16 points, 8 assists, 5 rebounds and 2 steals per game and his team won the state championship, Darron Rogers, his high school coach, said. Lewis was the player of the game.

“I think they are getting one of the best guards in the country,” Rogers said. “He’s one of those guys who is very smart and has played on the highest level all his life.”

Rogers described Lewis as a scoring guard and called him a “phenomenal ball handler and excellent scorer.”

“He has a real strong college-ready body, can get to the hole in a crowd with people hanging on him,” he said. “He probably will be one of the better guards in the program. Plays a lot like Kyrie Irving. He has all the moves.”

and from an article announcing his decommitment in September:

“I just wanted to see what comes about after this season,” Lewis said Thursday. “To see if there are any better situations out there, because I committed kind of early. I just want to make sure.”

Lewis said he is looking for more of a “systematic offense.”

“A one point-guard type offense,” he said. “I know N.C. State is more like a combo guard offense, which is fine with me, but I feel like a pure point guard, so I want to see if any school out there will offer me that type of look.”

Lewis, who’s 6-3 and 190-pounds, is ranked No. 135 nationally in his class, according to 247sports’ composite ranking. He is ranked No. 27 at his position.

At one point, he was ranked as high as 60 nationally. But his ranking dropped last year, after he missed much of last season due to ankle and shoulder injuries. During his sophomore season in 2016, Lewis averaged 16 points, 8 assists, 5 rebounds and 2 steals per game and his team won the state championship.

Lewis committed to the Wolfpack in June, less than 24 hours after an unofficial visit to the school. He chose N.C. State over Wake Forest and Baylor.

“Everything went well,” Lewis said in June. “Just the coaching staff, they were very welcoming.”

I’m fine with Lewis, but the NCSU de-commitment makes me skeptical. I’d like the whole story. Seems weird.

Look for a commitment in the next 5-10 days. I really can't see our staff not landing another 2018 PG and wanting him to be in the fold sooner rather than later.

As mentioned, I fully anticipate Crawford leaving after this season. If he does, that leaves us with only 1 proven ball handler in B-Chill. Going to need to get another true PG. I prefer this route versus the grad transfer route.

How confident are you in the 5-10 day timeline?

i'm okay with a late add of Lewis or Drinnon. they are decently rated with good offer sheets. it'll probably hurt us with Anthony Harris.

if we take someone just to take them at the position if we can't get Lewis or Drinnon, that hardly ever works out well. especially if we're just predicating it on a possible monster Crawford season.

I'd take Lewis in a heartbeat. Think he'd be a terrific add, when you put everything in consideration.

Not so sure about Drinnon, though. Think I may prefer a postgrad PG over him, and then go after Anthony Harris hard in '19.

Read a bunch of stuff online about the decommitment. I’m fine with it now. Go get him, Danny.

Not sure I'd call our offense a one point guard type offense although it may be with Brown, Hoard, and Mucius on the wings.

How confident are you in the 5-10 day timeline?

I just think we’ll pick up a PG soon. Drinnon and Lewis are the ones we’ve been involved with and I’m pretty sure both want to make a decision soon. We seem to have always been more involved with Lewis from what I can tell. My gut tells me that he will commit pretty soon.

Back