• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Interesting. Timely post to get this thread back on track. But should this be in the '18 crootin' thread or the '19 crootin' thread. And should the '18 crootin' thread get another sticky?

There is almost nothing out there about this Canadian hoopster. Even videos are from when he was 11 years old. This one is fantastic.

This one might be even better:

Last edited:
Is he not rated on scouting sites because he is foreign? What age did he start playing in the US? That article makes it seems as though he’s been playing in the US since he was 15

Is he not rated on scouting sites because he is foreign? What age did he start playing in the US? That article makes it seems as though he’s been playing in the US since he was 15
It seems like he had hype a few years ago but then everything kinda died off since then and now he's picking up some HM interest. And with his US location for at least a year or two, being a foreign player is likely not the cause.

Canada players generally get ranked like US players since they either play HS ball in the US or at least play in the AAU circuits. Plus national analysts travel to Toronto/Ontario for events plus services like North Pole Hoops are pretty nice sources of info on Canadian players. There is some ranking lag due to not as high of visibility but it's nothing close to the Euro players.

It seems like he had hype a few years ago but then everything kinda died off since then and now he's picking up some HM interest. And with his US location for at least a year or two, being a foreign player is likely not the cause.

Canada players generally get ranked like US players since they either play HS ball in the US or at least play in the AAU circuits. Plus national analysts travel to Toronto/Ontario for events plus services like North Pole Hoops are pretty nice sources of info on Canadian players. There is some ranking lag due to not as high of visibility but it's nothing close to the Euro players.

So it’s probably a combination of less exposure + not being that good?

I don't even remember Alex Johnson at State. He played 2011-12 as a transfer.

Look for a commitment in the next 5-10 days. I really can't see our staff not landing another 2018 PG and wanting him to be in the fold sooner rather than later.

As mentioned, I fully anticipate Crawford leaving after this season. If he does, that leaves us with only 1 proven ball handler in B-Chill. Going to need to get another true PG. I prefer this route versus the grad transfer route.

Tick, tock, #creamysauces. We're on day 8.

can we make the opposite of a green username, so you know for sure not to trust that poster? like a pink username?

Tick, tock, #creamysauces. We're on day 8.

Trust the process. I may have jumped the gun on the timeframe. I knew Drinnon was close to committing and they're on similar timelines. If I miss it by a bit then so be it but we'll see how it shakes out.

Trust the process. I may have jumped the gun on the timeframe. I knew Drinnon was close to committing and they're on similar timelines. If I miss it by a bit then so be it but we'll see how it shakes out.

Basic-Cream-Sauce-Simply-Gloria.jpg

I thought you were more confident with Lewis?? Perhaps your #sauces are mixed?

I'm very confident on Lewis. I thought he would have already committed. I fully expect him to commit any day now.

I just mentioned Drinnon since he was the other kid we were involved with and he already committed elsewhere. That further cements we are getting Lewis.

Back