Page 19 of 537 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969119519 ... LastLast

Thread: BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Cole Anthony taking an official visit on Sunday!

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovecarpet View Post
    Here we go. RJ Hot Karl details the thread again.
    Here's what I said:

"But this thread is about our recruiting. So. go back to the topic."

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    Interesting. Timely post to get this thread back on track. But should this be in the '18 crootin' thread or the '19 crootin' thread. And should the '18 crootin' thread get another sticky?

There is almost nothing out there about this Canadian hoopster. Even videos are from when he was 11 years old. This one is fantastic.

This one might be even better:

Last edited by MichDeac25; 11-01-2017 at 10:05 PM.

Robert O'Kelley
    Quote Originally Posted by MichDeac25 View Post
    This one might be even better:

I didn't know if I was watching a recruit video or a kidnapping ransom video.

Is he not rated on scouting sites because he is foreign? What age did he start playing in the US? That article makes it seems as though hes been playing in the US since he was 15

Robert O'Kelley
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteDeac1 View Post
    Is he not rated on scouting sites because he is foreign? What age did he start playing in the US? That article makes it seems as though he’s been playing in the US since he was 15
    It seems like he had hype a few years ago but then everything kinda died off since then and now he's picking up some HM interest. And with his US location for at least a year or two, being a foreign player is likely not the cause.

Canada players generally get ranked like US players since they either play HS ball in the US or at least play in the AAU circuits. Plus national analysts travel to Toronto/Ontario for events plus services like North Pole Hoops are pretty nice sources of info on Canadian players. There is some ranking lag due to not as high of visibility but it's nothing close to the Euro players.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosDeac View Post
    It seems like he had hype a few years ago but then everything kinda died off since then and now he's picking up some HM interest. And with his US location for at least a year or two, being a foreign player is likely not the cause.

Canada players generally get ranked like US players since they either play HS ball in the US or at least play in the AAU circuits. Plus national analysts travel to Toronto/Ontario for events plus services like North Pole Hoops are pretty nice sources of info on Canadian players. There is some ranking lag due to not as high of visibility but it's nothing close to the Euro players.
    So its probably a combination of less exposure + not being that good?

Robert O'Kelley
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteDeac1 View Post
    So it’s probably a combination of less exposure + not being that good?
    Probably more of the latter (not showing results on his potential) than the former but that'd be my guess.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    I don't even remember Alex Johnson at State. He played 2011-12 as a transfer.

So, is there any word on the re-recruitment of Jamie Lewis, NC State de-commit?

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
    Look for a commitment in the next 5-10 days. I really can't see our staff not landing another 2018 PG and wanting him to be in the fold sooner rather than later.

As mentioned, I fully anticipate Crawford leaving after this season. If he does, that leaves us with only 1 proven ball handler in B-Chill. Going to need to get another true PG. I prefer this route versus the grad transfer route.
    Tick, tock, #creamysauces. We're on day 8.

can we make the opposite of a green username, so you know for sure not to trust that poster? like a pink username?

Robert O'Kelley
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuck Your Couch View Post
    can we make the opposite of a green username, so you know for sure not to trust that poster? like a pink username?
    Make it brown to signify they're full of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuck Your Couch View Post
    This is actually a very good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosDeac View Post
    Make it brown to signify they're full of crap.
    Red user name on a brown background for emphasis

Quote Originally Posted by tigerswood View Post
    Tick, tock, #creamysauces. We're on day 8.
    Trust the process. I may have jumped the gun on the timeframe. I knew Drinnon was close to committing and they're on similar timelines. If I miss it by a bit then so be it but we'll see how it shakes out.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Trust the process. I may have jumped the gun on the timeframe. I knew Drinnon was close to committing and they're on similar timelines. If I miss it by a bit then so be it but we'll see how it shakes out.

Scott "Rufio" Feather

I thought you were more confident with Lewis?? Perhaps your #sauces are mixed?

I'm very confident on Lewis. I thought he would have already committed. I fully expect him to commit any day now.

I just mentioned Drinnon since he was the other kid we were involved with and he already committed elsewhere. That further cements we are getting Lewis.