• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

He's listed at 6'8 by ESPN and Rivals and looks every bit of it. I love the fact that his natural position seems to be SG. He's got range.

His brother is still not committed for Football.

Kid has a great motor. Can't teach that (actually you can, Danny just can't). Reminds me of John Collins' and Josh Howard's motor

Highlights from Massoud's 26 points, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks MVP performance over #4 ranked HS team, including his game winning FTs:

There are not 50 players better than this kid in his class. He’s going to be NICE. Hope he doesn’t transfer

If he can speed up his release, then he's going to be deadly. Great signing by the staff.

It’s a great time to be a Wake Forest fan when we have to say this about someone still in high school.

Ha - no kidding. I know we say it just about every year but we SHOULD have enough ACC talent next year, barring attrition, with the addition of a 12/8 big man grad, to win 18-20 games. Would be ideal to keep the current team in place with the newcomers and a new coach.

Lavar Ball/Big Baller Brand now charging $3500 dollars at the gate of Spire's basketball games for people who want to record the game. Think this will put the eligibility of all the guys at Spire at risk. Not a good look for top 50 player Rocket Watts committed to Michigan State, 5-star junior Isaiah Jackson, and Frenchman Josaphat Bilau. Ball is such a POS profiting off of high school kids, only 1 of which is his actual son.

Lavar Ball/Big Baller Brand now charging $3500 dollars at the gate of Spire's basketball games for people who want to record the game. Think this will put the eligibility of all the guys at Spire at risk. Not a good look for top 50 player Rocket Watts committed to Michigan State, 5-star junior Isaiah Jackson, and Frenchman Josaphat Bilau. Ball is such a POS profiting off of high school kids, only 1 of which is his actual son.

There may be a moral/ethical issue here for poppa Ball. (But probably not something he cares about.) Probably a problem with respect to eligibilty in NCAA regs. Charging admission to HS basketball games is allowed. The money is supposed to go to the school. HS kids are not getting the cash. So shouldn't be any NCAA eligibility issues.

This price is exorbitant. But where and how do you draw a line? What is a legitimate seat price? $1, $5, $10, $20, $50...?

At what point does it go from "charging admission" to something else.

Massoud's facial hair reminds me of former Deacon facial hair hero David Carlyle.

Massoud's game reminds me of ... I will say it again ... Matt Barnes. Not a bad career path to follow save his off the court issues (i.e., Mom's death, divorce, child custody).

I will say that if Massoud does mature to a point where he meets Derek Fischer and also kicks his ass, I will deem his post Wake career a great success.

Massoud's game reminds me of ... I will say it again ... Matt Barnes. Not a bad career path to follow save his off the court issues (i.e., Mom's death, divorce, child custody).

I will say that if Massoud does mature to a point where he meets Derek Fischer and also kicks his ass, I will deem his post Wake career a great success.

you are only saying that bc they look alike

you are only saying that bc they look alike

??? I don't think they look alike at all. They have the same build, or I imagine Matt Barnes to have that build at 17, but no - Massoud is Egyptian, I believe. Matt Barnes is biracial - white/black (like Jason Kidd and Obama and Paty Mahomes etc...). BTW, that doesn't mean I think Matt Barnes and Jason Kidd look alike either.

I DO think their games and their motors are comparable though ...

Matt Barnes was a dick on and off the court. He was a dirty player. I see nothing like that in any Massoud tape or any article about him.

Matt Barnes was a dick on and off the court. He was a dirty player. I see nothing like that in any Massoud tape or any article about him.

How was he a dirty player? Examples. Trying to beat the shit out of Derek Fisher doesn't make you a dick. Everyone wants to beat the shit out of him. He's a dick.

He took lots of cheap shots on opponents.

That is ridiculously vague. Derek Fisher dove for a loose ball and IMO on purpose rammed his head and shoulder into the outside of Tim Duncan's knee. I think he did it on purpose. I am sure he didn't give a shit if he put Duncan out of action for 12 months. There are very few players as dirty as Derek Fisher. Fisher just happened to play until he was 40 and calmed down as a player so not many remember he was essentially Patrick Beverly whom I consider the dirtiest player currently playing.

Matt Barnes was NOT dirty and did NOT deliver cheap shots per my memory. He played in the era of, ya know, video so if I can find Bill Laimbeer cheap shot video, surely you can find Matt Barnes cheap shot video. Go.

Meanwhile RJ defends Kermit Washington as a great guy despite his blindside maiming of Rudy T.

Back