• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

6'11 Point Center Makur Maker. Can come to college in 2019 or 2020. Currently has 3.3 GPA and needs qualifying test score:

Cousin of Thon Maker. 5-star talent.

UCLA has offered. 247 has him as 2020.

I'm kinda surprised DJ Rodman hasn't gotten more interest. He's a 6'6 wing who can score. Yes, he is Dennis Rodman's son. I would think some high major school would take a flyer.

UCLA has offered. 247 has him as 2020.

I'm kinda surprised DJ Rodman hasn't gotten more interest. He's a 6'6 wing who can score. Yes, he is Dennis Rodman's son. I would think some high major school would take a flyer.

Alford offered him, soooo, he probably would need a new offer. Not that he shouldn't get it. Is DJ's mom Madonna? Maybe he can play in the UK.

DJ's mom is some woman from OC. A Wake buddy's son went to Corona del Mar HS with DJ when DJ was a frosh and soph. Then, as a soph DJ was MVP of their league. Then, he transferred to a much better bball HS.

Can someone remind me of what the deal with PJ Tucker leaving the state was way back in the day? This talk of undersized dudes had me thinking, and I saw him in the NBA the other day, and I thought, shit, that guy might have won us a National Championship. Was it grades/qualifying? Was he going to State? Were we even in consideration?

Wasn't there another Maker we were involved with? Does his bro have a similar name?

Thanks for the indulgence to the slight diversion.

There were questions about Tucker's academics. Many were surprised when he qualified.

Can someone remind me of what the deal with PJ Tucker leaving the state was way back in the day? This talk of undersized dudes had me thinking, and I saw him in the NBA the other day, and I thought, shit, that guy might have won us a National Championship. Was it grades/qualifying? Was he going to State? Were we even in consideration?

Wasn't there another Maker we were involved with? Does his bro have a similar name?

Thanks for the indulgence to the slight diversion.

Thon's younger brother is Matur. I believe we offered but he put his name in for the NBA draft and then never went to college. Makur is their 1st cousin, might be the best of all 3.

Word. Thanks dudes. Would have really loved PJ Tucker in the OG&B. Dude could/can play. At least we have our pride, though.

And I thought that Maker name sounded familiar. Could have done a quick search, but whatevs, that's what the boards are for.

Quick NC recruiting question:

What is/was the recruiting deal with ECU freshman Jayden Gardner from Wake Forest , NC went to Heritage HS. He is f-ing unstoppable. He is 6-6 245: https://ecupirates.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=9894

As a frosh he is leading ECU in scoring at 19.4 ppg and rebounding at 9.5 rbg. Scored 35 and had 20 rebounds at a very good UCF team on Saturday; dominating Tacko Fall. Gardner has scored 30 or more 3 times. He is one of the best freshman in the country.

Was Gardner not on the recruiting radar for any ACC teams because he is 6-6 inside player? Love his size and aggressiveness. Guessing he will transfer to State and at some point and fill it up for the Pack.

Last edited:
Thon's younger brother is Matur. I believe we offered but he put his name in for the NBA draft and then never went to college. Makur is their 1st cousin, might be the best of all 3.

He looks much farther along than Thon was at that time.

Not Wake related (though I would love to somehow poach this kid from ECU), but what's the deal with Jayden Gardner? He was an unranked recruit from Wake Forest, NC, had a very productive high school career, and only had an offer from ECU? He is now a freshman and put up 35 pts 20 rebs against UCF and is averaging 20 and 10 so far. Does anyone know why he was so under-the-radar?

Quick NC recruiting question:

What is/was the recruiting deal with ECU freshman Jayden Gardner from Wake Forest , NC went to Heritage HS. He is f-ing unstoppable. He is 6-6 245: https://ecupirates.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=9894

As a frosh he is leading ECU in scoring at 19.4 ppg and rebounding at 9.5 rbg. Scored 35 and had 20 rebounds at a very good UCF team on Saturday; dominating Tacko Fall. Gardner has scored 30 or more 3 times. He is one of the best freshman in the country.

Was Gardner not on the recruiting radar for any ACC teams because he is 6-6 inside player? Love his size and aggressiveness. Guessing he will transfer to State and at some point and fill it up for the Pack.

Pilch is Rafi's alternate personality

Last edited:
My bad. Sorry for not reading the previous page on Gardner. The kid can play.

Seems like you could build a competitive roster on just the best NC kids that don't quite make the top 100 cut.

At a minimum, a team with that roster construction would be far better than #161 in the nation.

Last edited:
Did you see him jump over the opponent on D? WHOA!!!!

Not sure of #'s for Lewis and Antoine but both are 6'5".

Ranney #1 in NJ but probably ranked too high at #4 nationally.

How tall is Massoud….looks like 6'6", yes ?

Back