• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

After Coach Manning is released from his contract on or about Wednesday March 13 I do not believe any of the three recruits that have signed will then be coming to Dear Old Alma Mater anyway. The new coach whoever he is will ask them to release themselves from their LOI because he will not be playing them. Next season might be awfully bad based on having little to no freshmen but it cannot be much worse than it has been anyway. We have been on Well-Man probation for nine years now and counting.

Is it that easy? Anyway, I would hope we wouldn't do that with Massoud, anyway.

After Coach Manning is released from his contract on or about Wednesday March 13 I do not believe any of the three recruits that have signed will then be coming to Dear Old Alma Mater anyway. The new coach whoever he is will ask them to release themselves from their LOI because he will not be playing them. Next season might be awfully bad based on having little to no freshmen but it cannot be much worse than it has been anyway. We have been on Well-Man probation for nine years now and counting.

Somebody has to play - it might as well be one or more of them. I'm not sure any new coach will have any better 2019 options left on the table. If he is a current coach, maybe he can flip someone he recruited for that school (like Buzz did when hired by VT).

We will never sign Jalen Cone with Danny Manning as our coach. Probably won’t land him either way, but it’s a definite no with DM.

Sucks for us because he’s gonna be a nice pick up for someone other than Wake. Local kids always seem to have pretty solid careers at Wake.

We will never sign Jalen Cone with Danny Manning as our coach. Probably won’t land him either way, but it’s a definite no with DM.

Sucks for us because he’s gonna be a nice pick up for someone other than Wake. Local kids always seem to have pretty solid careers at Wake.

Probably will go play for Mack and Dino. On another positive note if Manning is fired, Tre Mitchell is leaning towards reclassifying to the 2020 class. Would give Wake Forest another year to get him on board and a new coach he could get excited about.

#honeymoon

Speaking of slogans... since new beginnings was wasted this year what comes next?

The long nightmare is over
Winter came and went
That never happened

Probably will go play for Mack and Dino. On another positive note if Manning is fired, Tre Mitchell is leaning towards reclassifying to the 2020 class. Would give Wake Forest another year to get him on board and a new coach he could get excited about.

Louisville would be a good fit for JJ. I keep hearing he’s a lock for VT but I feel like Mack and Dino will make an impression on him.

Cut Manning's travel budget if you are going to fire him! Another sign he will be here next year

Danny can still get invited into living rooms. One of the things he brought that few can match.

"Send your son to play for me. I'll make sure your "one and done" son has a shitty freshman year and gets to experience at least two years of college. Then I'll blame all of my failings on him in the press and make him wish he'd never committed to us. After two seasons of that, he'll be a sure pick for the NBADL or somewhere in Europe. Gotta prepare these kids for when the ball stops bouncing!"

Our recruiting is looking horrible for 20 and beyond, i would be shocked if we get a top 150 guy with Manning in charge.

Just stumbled across '95 ACC Finals on ESPN Classic.

Last edited:
Back