• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

A little tongue in cheek, but if Wake lands Wendell Moore and Justin Moore and Doral Moore is still around the lineup could be:

Moore, Moore, Moore.

How do you like it?

Curious as to what folks think is the calculus regarding PG for 2018/19?

If Crawford stays for senior season, then really don't need anyone in 2018 (only a 5* or high 4* could break rotation of Crawford/Childress/Woods and to lesser extent the unknown Wright).

If Crawford leaves (which is apparently the most likely scenario) then what? We would lose both Crawford and Wilbeken. That leaves Childress as only proven PG ball handler. Woods I guess could give you a few minutes and who knows about a frosh Wright. But you are one injury away from disaster (think JGray senior season). Do you bring in a borderline 4*/3* for 18 (Lewis/Drinnon) assuming you can get them? If so, does that decrease the likelihood of getting a player like Harris in 19 (really good but maybe not 5*elite)?

Seems like Lecque would be homerun in 18 as he is combo and would get good run at PG/SG as frosh---but on surface that seems improbable.

Grad transfer.

I think we'll have a better chance for Lecque in 18 vs. 19. We'd be sneaking him in for 18. Next year, everyone will be on him.

He was originally in the class of 18.

I think we'll have a better chance for Lecque in 18 vs. 19. We'd be sneaking him in for 18. Next year, everyone will be on him.

He was originally in the class of 18.

He's not very likely to reclassify back to 18 at this point.. I'd let that dream die. I'd really like to be wrong, but it's what I've heard around town from people who would know. If Manning pulled that off it would easily be his biggest win to date.

It makes more sense than getting a low 4* or 3* who may not be ready to play as a sophomore anyway. We already have that in Wright.

He's not very likely to reclassify back to 18 at this point.. I'd let that dream die. I'd really like to be wrong, but it's what I've heard around town from people who would know. If Manning pulled that off it would easily be his biggest win to date.

There had to be a reason to reclassify backwards...It was always a longshot.

Any baseball commits play basketball?

There had to be a reason to reclassify backwards...It was always a longshot.

Does this have to do with academic stuff? Otherwise, if one has NBA as a goal, reclassifying backwards seems counterproductive since age is such a huge factor in draft potential.

Sage Surratt is pretty good.

I keep wondering if we'll see him as a cager again:

"Also played basketball where he was a 2,900-point scorer in high school and had seven 40-point games and three 50-point games including a school record 57 points as a senior ... Averaged 35.7 points, 11.8 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game in basketball as a senior and finished as the state’s No. 2 all-time scorer with 2,951 career points ... Is Lincoln County's all-time scoring leader ... All-state basketball player by Associated Press, USA Today, NC Preps and NCBA ... Named the Gaston Gazette Basketball Player of the Year as both a junior and senior ... Named to the Charlotte Observer All-Region basketball team ... State basketball Player of the Year by USA Today...

Thanks for the work Strickland33

Give me one of Nickleberry, W Moore, and Christian Brown, then a PG and a 5* big

We definitely won't get 2 of those and very unlikely we get the third either, just the facts maam (if you are of the female persuasion)

Back