• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Worst BC has a visit from 5 star Isaiah Todd 2020 from NC. They are doing better than WF in NC lately. Rivals thinks our best bet for a commitment from our three weekend visitors is J.Jones.

This is a dumb post. He's 2020. He's the 14th ranked player in his class. Guys check out all kinds of schools earlier. There is no real indication this guy is going to commit to BC. Experts have him split between UNC and Kansas right now. Cole Anthony visited Wake this year as well. If you're going to play up the Todd visit to BC, play up the Anthony visit as well.

I hope everyone treasures something in life as much as RChill treasures the 2016-17 Wake Forest basketball season.

Recognizing something for what it is (a nice season that was both exciting and frustrating to watch with a shitty end) =\= treasuring something.

95 and 96 are the only Wake basketball seasons I treasure. 16-17 barely cracks the top 20 in that regard.

unreal...BC makes a list for a top 75 PF and we don't? Ouch. I really hope our staff is keeping things quiet but have a big plan.

Looking at his list of schools, it sounds like he may want a big-time engineering program as much as a Power 5 program.

You certainly expend a lot of energy on it for something you say you don't treasure. Not sure I trust you when you say you don't have a 2016-17 Wake basketball poster on your wall. Don't get me wrong, that was a fun season. John Collins was (and still is) awesome. But we really only had one signature win all year and just beat whom we were supposed to beat that season. Our 5 best wins after Louisville were vs. #42, @ #50, vs. #76, vs. #77, vs. #79. That should be about the baseline season for Wake basketball. But anyways, moving on.

You certainly expend a lot of energy on it for something you say you don't treasure. Not sure I trust you when you say you don't have a 2016-17 Wake basketball poster on your wall. Don't get me wrong, that was a fun season. John Collins was (and still is) awesome. But we really only had one signature win all year and just beat whom we were supposed to beat that season. Our 5 best wins after Louisville were vs. #42, @ #50, vs. #76, vs. #77, vs. #79. That should be about the baseline season for Wake basketball. But anyways, moving on.

OTOH, best season in about a decade. It was fun to sniff relevancy again, though it was fleeting.

OTOH, best season in about a decade. It was fun to sniff relevancy again, though it was fleeting.

Why not enjoy the (relative) high spot in the last decade of Wake basketball?

There have been plenty of valleys in the same decade.

I enjoyed that season more than the worse seasons around it but not nearly as much as better seasons.

Seems like some of you think that is weird.

Bingo. The shame is that for anyone who has just become a fan of Wake hoops in the last ~8 years, that was the apex. Yikes.

I don't think that is weird.

not sure how many new fans we've picked up in the last ~8 years

New fans the past 8 years are limited to some of the players and their families on the team and the walk-ons that are awarded scholarships.

I spend as much energy pointing out it was a fun decent season as others do trying to lump it in with [Redacted]’s seasons. I like to argue but I generally let everyone else pick the topic.

100% agree with the second point. The baseline season for Wake Basketball should be enjoyable. That one was.

I enjoyed that season more than the worse seasons around it but not nearly as much as better seasons.

Seems like some of you think that is weird.

I don’t think anyone thinks it’s weird. It’s the second or third most enjoyable season for me in the last 13 (I probably have it behind 07-08 but ahead of 09-10, mostly because I was still in school for the former), but it falls well behind 91-05 except for that post Duncan Loren Woods weirdness season.

That season had the only week where I have been reasonably excited about Wake Forest basketball in the last 8 years The last week of the regular season

Back