• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

For some reason I am meh on Harris. Signing Harris will look good on paper & we need a pg, but I am waiting on the Cole Anthony miracle.

This is a unique situation. This kid not only has shown a great deal of interest in another school, but his father is a beloved legend in that state. You can't logically conflate this player with others.
Except he took his other officials. Wake is the only one he cancelled and removed from his list.

except for the fact that sportsnut implied that there might be another factor at play that makes this a mutual decision

I don’t care what the experts say. Should we be okay with losing our other visits (outside of Massoud) because all of the experts say that these recruits will go elsewhere.

It’s rare to lose an official visit like this. That’s all I’m saying. I’ve been paying attention to this stuff for awhile and you have too. One can spin this situation in any number of ways, but barring an immediate commitment/canceling other OVs, this just isn’t a good look for our program.

To suggest otherwise is ignoring how a process we’re both very familiar with actually works.

No it’s not. Recruits cancel official visits all the time. I agree with you it’s better to get the visit than to not, but let’s please avoid the knee jerk reaction to spin this in either direction for once. A long shot recruit eliminated us without setting foot on campus. It is what it is.

That would be pretty amazing, and yes would be deserving of pretty much everyone who posts getting excited. Except for Racer...nothing can chase away his basketball storm cloud. :)

Meh. That class should be the bare minimum expectation most years, IMO. Given the on court results from last year and what I anticpate seeing next year it’s going to take Wendell or Cole Anthony to get me truly excited (unless Hoard sticks around).

That would be pretty amazing, and yes would be deserving of pretty much everyone who posts getting excited. Except for Racer...nothing can chase away his basketball storm cloud. :)
I'm easy to please. One capable coach.

I'm easy to please. One capable coach.

It really is so much to ask. I feel like a lot of posters have spent so much time justifying losing that they have forgotten how much fun it is to watch a winning program.

That seems to be what we are going with. Its just weird that Danny is going away from his strength when his 2 most efficient offensive players were John Collins sophomore year and Devin Thomas senior year. The team excelled with an efficient back to the basket scorer and by playing inside to open up the perimeter for 3s.

I think I understand what you trying to say, but I don't think our team has excelled at any point under Manning (we've done well at times on offense). We need additional strengths to supplement our isolated prior strengths. I don't think it is weird to have a goal for something that is different from what we have had under Manning, so far.

It really is so much to ask. I feel like a lot of posters have spent so much time justifying losing that they have forgotten how much fun it is to watch a winning program.

Really? I honestly can’t think of a single poster who has justified having a losing program on these boards. Some posters have been willing to try and accurately apportion blame for the losing but no one has tried to justify it.

And given how miserable most posters seemed during the 16-17 season, I think most posters have forgotten how to enjoy watching a winning basketball team.

I think I understand what you trying to say, but I don't think our team has excelled at any point under Manning (we've done well at times on offense). We need additional strengths to supplement our isolated prior strengths. I don't think it is weird to have a goal for something that is different from what we have had under Manning, so far.

Manning’s team excelled on offense with Collins at Center. For an entire season.

And to Netflix’s overall point, I don’t think Manning is moving away from that, he’s just trying to surround that Center with a bunch of rangy wings rather than 4 combo guards (at least I hope that’s what he’s doing).

Manning’s team excelled on offense with Collins at Center. For an entire season.

And to Netflix’s overall point, I don’t think Manning is moving away from that, he’s just trying to surround that Center with a bunch of rangy wings rather than 4 combo guards (at least I hope that’s what he’s doing).

“For an entire season?” Sure if you don’t count the last 5 minutes of games.

Robbie Beran has named a final four of VT, GT, BC, and Northwestern.

Really? I honestly can’t think of a single poster who has justified having a losing program on these boards. Some posters have been willing to try and accurately apportion blame for the losing but no one has tried to justify it.

And given how miserable most posters seemed during the 16-17 season, I think most posters have forgotten how to enjoy watching a winning basketball team.

Yeah, the whole time I argued with people (though I admit some of it was stupid because I was just as frustrated as the next person) I saw myself providing reasons for losing - not excuses. It’s open to interpretation for each poster though I suppose.

Worst BC has a visit from 5 star Isaiah Todd 2020 from NC. They are doing better than WF in NC lately. Rivals thinks our best bet for a commitment from our three weekend visitors is J.Jones.

Worst BC has a visit from 5 star Isaiah Todd 2020 from NC. They are doing better than WF in NC lately. Rivals thinks our best bet for a commitment from our three weekend visitors is J.Jones.

247 seems to think it's Massoud.

I hope everyone treasures something in life as much as RChill treasures the 2016-17 Wake Forest basketball season.

Back