• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Not Wake related, but this Georgetown commit's video is fun to watch. At least make sure you get to the 1:00 mark.
http://usatodayhss.com/2017/georget...rned-a-regular-season-win-into-a-dunk-contest

I have been watching McClung for a while. He was a mid level 3 star for a long time and I didn't understand it, his game looked fairly complete to me. He is not just a dunker. Then he blew up on social media and decommitted from Rutgers. He is a really exciting guy to have coming on board if I am a Georgetown admin. White guys who can dunk SELL TICKETS! Old white guys love that crap.

So 247 updated their rankings today and Montgomery moved all the way up to #6 (!!!!) overall in the class. Yes please. Hopefully we can at least get him on campus for a visit. In other news, Hoard moved up a little to #33 (still way too low imo), Mucius dropped down to #97 and Lewis moved all the way down to #227. LOL never change, 247.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Basketball/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

The Lewis drop makes sense to me, he hasn't played in what seems like two years and his tape is not great. Also, there is a reason NC State dropped him. Hoard is better than #33, he is going to be a great player for the deacs.

I am down in Orlando right now and happened to run across Chaundee Brown's HS asst coach and another guard. Both raved about him and his future.

The coach loves Danny and how he approaches recruiting and his honesty with recruits. Tells them their strengths, weaknesses, how he'll help them, and where they fit in. He checks in with HS coaches of current players to keep them in the loop.

Lewis is the one that dropped State!

Yea they were touting Lewis as a pretty big deal in the local paper with the new coach coming in and then Lewis dropped NC State. Jury is still out but I trust Manning on this one.

I am down in Orlando right now and happened to run across Chaundee Brown's HS asst coach and another guard. Both raved about him and his future.

The coach loves Danny and how he approaches recruiting and his honesty with recruits. Tells them their strengths, weaknesses, how he'll help them, and where they fit in. He checks in with HS coaches of current players to keep them in the loop.

Sounds like a critical update for the dm credibility thread!

James Wiseman, #1 in 19, is putting on a show on ESPN2.

EDIT- Wiseman's HS coach is Penny Hardaway

Last edited:
If you told me to watch the Mcclung video and then gave me 50 guesses where he was going to play in college, I would not have ever guessed Georgetown. Old perceptions of John Thompson teams die hard I guess.

Oh definitely. I remember how stunned I was back in the 80s to find out Georgetown and Miami were lily white suburban schools instead of gritty schools in the heart of DC and Miami.

Oh definitely. I remember how stunned I was back in the 80s to find out Georgetown and Miami were lily white suburban schools instead of gritty schools in the heart of DC and Miami.

Georgetown is in downtown DC but the rest of the description is pretty accurate.

You could say they play downtown, in Chinatown lol. But like Childress said the school isn’t downtown

Back