• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MyTakeOnWhatever.com by Country Dan

TheReff

Rod Griffin
Reaction score
mytakeonwhatever.com by our own Country Dan Collins. I guess he is going to be writing some different stuff in retirement to keep himself busy.

I stumbled on it today as I was looking for the My Take on Wake blog. It looks like it is going to be a lot still on Wake Forest sports, other sports plus some music and politics. He has an interesting post about the "electronic strike zone" which I don't agree with [but that is OK also] and his new post is all about the whereabouts of cam Serigne on Saturday.

Anyway, it looks like it might be good!

mytakeonwhatever.com by our own Country Dan Collins. I guess he is going to be writing some different stuff in retirement to keep himself busy.

I stumbled on it today as I was looking for the My Take on Wake blog. It looks like it is going to be a lot still on Wake Forest sports, other sports plus some music and politics. He has an interesting post about the "electronic strike zone" which I don't agree with [but that is OK also] and his new post is all about the whereabouts of cam Serigne on Saturday.

Is Cam Serigne still on the football team? I assumed he had left the program.

Is Cam Serigne still on the football team? I assumed he had left the program.

Maybe triple covered and just not open? Did not realize till reading this blog that Cam had the school record for TD's & yards gained by a TE and is tied for most catches with John Henry Mills. Nice--now let's find him more often!

Maybe triple covered and just not open? Did not realize till reading this blog that Cam had the school record for TD's & yards gained by a TE and is tied for most catches with John Henry Mills. Nice--now let's find him more often!

A team triple covers a TE who never gets a pass? I think it's called a shitty offense.

I will say that given Dan's political views, I never expected TheReff to be recommending this site

dan has a whole thread of topics available on the Unpopular Opinion thread

I will say that given Dan's political views, I never expected TheReff to be recommending this site

You don't have to agree on everything to read stuff. I like Dan a lot and read his other Wake Blog. I also got lucky enough to be seated beside Dan on the plane rides home from Cleveland after the West Virginia debacle in the NCAA and got to share insights with him on what he got to see & hear from his courtside seats. I also got to sit beside him on the plane coming home from the Nebraska football game years ago and again we talked about how great the Husker fans were to us and other football things. I doubt seriously we will agree on politics, but so what!

Country Dan continues to write some good stuff. Am I the only one who thinks he resembles Mark Hall Patton, the Clark County Museum System Director who frequently appears on "Pawn Stars"?

His new post today is en fuego. he’s actually a hugely valuable resource as Les and Conor are somewhat constrained in how much criticism they can heap on.

His new post today is en fuego. he’s actually a hugely valuable resource as Les and Conor are somewhat constrained in how much criticism they can heap on.

Good article. It’s interesting he leaves off Coach Clawson in his comparisons.

Dan nails it as usual. Unfortunately hardly anybody reads Dan except us diehards, but Kudos to Conor and Les who have called it like it is , more than I thought they would with families to feed. Dan stopped short of calling Manning arrogant- he called it indifference—but the message was clear— he doesn’t connect with fans, media or players.

I read his "My Take" more than i read Conor's "My Take" I'm glad he still writes about WFU. I love reading about the bball coaches of the past... probably now more than ever!

Dan nails it - Manning is arrogant and hasn't connected with the fans or the players (looks at the roster turnover).

On top of that, his hubris is the reason he will never improve as a bball coach. In every press conference, he basically says - the kids didn't do what we told them to do. This goes back to the famous quote by RW where he asked DM in his interview what DM did to turn around Tulsa's season and make the tournament run. DM says - I didn't do anything different. We just kept doing what we had been doing. RW got a hard-on for that reply, but to me it screams arrogant prick, who just got lucky.

Reminds me of the age old quote "We don't practice until we get it right. We practice until we can't get it wrong." Watching our games, you'd wonder if we even get it right once. If one kid isn't learning, it could be the kid. If class after class isn't learning, it's the teacher.

Dan nails it - Manning is arrogant and hasn't connected with the fans or the players (looks at the roster turnover).

On top of that, his hubris is the reason he will never improve as a bball coach. In every press conference, he basically says - the kids didn't do what we told them to do. This goes back to the famous quote by RW where he asked DM in his interview what DM did to turn around Tulsa's season and make the tournament run. DM says - I didn't do anything different. We just kept doing what we had been doing. RW got a hard-on for that reply, but to me it screams arrogant prick, who just got lucky.

Yep - when you think about it - Manning literally doesn't check a single "what you want in your coach" box. Maybe the "runs a clean program" box? However, that gets offset by the embarrassment of the constant stream of players leaving the program

The blog contains fewer pulled punches. And that's a good thing. He sounds like he belongs on this board.

oh for sure, which is why it couldn't be in the Journal, save as a letter to the editor, perhaps. I wish the fire from the fanbase was a little more public, that's all

Back