• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Me Too [Cuomo joins hall of shame]

Took my kids to the aquarium in Atlanta last year and the male Beluga whale was following the female around incessantly. He had a raging boner and kept thrusting his tail at her trying to (unsuccessfully) forcibly mate with her; every few minutes a milky cloud would appear in the water. My daughters were transfixed and had a lot of questions. One question was 'why does he keep hitting her with his penis; why wont he leave her alone?.' I explained to them that they will find many examples in life of males being far more eager to mate than females and that the males often get aggressive about it. It was a really good teaching moment. Other parents with in earshot laughed uncomfortably.

I was at a wedding at the Grand Hotel (Alabama!) a couple of years ago that was outside next to their duck pond. A couple of mallards kept swimming aggressively at a female, all quacking quite loudly. Then they took off and circled the wedding ceremony a couple of times before landing in the pond again when one of the males caught her and forced her underwater while he raped(?) her. all very loud while the wedding was going on. one little girl was like "why is the duck mean to the other duck, mommy?"

Well, I think the repeated similar incidents seem to suggest pretty boorish behavior that is not acceptable. Though, of course, not equivalent to more serious misconduct. I'm not a lawyer and haven't tried to determine for myself if this behavior would rightly be characterized as "sexual assault"--that's part of why I started this thread: To see opinions on this.

Anyhow, I think he and/or his spokespeople are right to apologize. And maybe to forego any further photo ops unless they can get him to agree to keep his hands in his lap or around Barbara's bottom only.

But this behavior doesn't seem to comport with the man's life and career as we've known it. So I suspect some loss of inhibition related to brain deterioration.

The rehearsed joke is the kicker, for me. They know this is happening and is a potential problem yet GHWB continues to to put his arm around women. The whole pattern, intended or not, belittles the personal space and rights of women. Put the responsibility on the man and his handlers to to make sure his guests aren't groped or offended by his actions, accidental or not.

The rehearsed joke is the kicker, for me. They know this is happening and is a potential problem yet GHWB continues to to put his arm around women. The whole pattern, intended or not, belittles the personal space and rights of women. Put the responsibility on the man and his handlers to to make sure his guests aren't groped or offended by his actions, accidental or not.

All that is true, but is it fair to tarnish the legacy of a former POTUS because he has a brain disease and motor control issues? All because some entitled actress feels moderately uncomfortable for 30 seconds?

At what point are we just being unsesitive to people with Parkinson’s? I think we are disease shaming here and honestly I thought we were past that in 2017. If y’all want to keep being assholes though please carry on.

Also what is Biden’s excuse? haven’t heard much on that from our liberal SJWs.

All that is true, but is it fair to tarnish the legacy of a former POTUS because he has a brain disease and motor control issues? All because some entitled actress feels moderately uncomfortable for 30 seconds?

At what point are we just being unsesitive to people with Parkinson’s? I think we are disease shaming here and honestly I thought we were past that in 2017. If y’all want to keep being assholes though please carry on.

How Predators Take Advantage of Photo Ops to Assault Women

GHWB, as far as I can tell, does not have Parkinson's.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-to-know-about-george-h-w-bushs-illness/

What is vascular parkinsonism?

People diagnosed with the condition walk with shuffling steps, and brain scans suggest they have suffered small strokes. However, they do not have the characteristic tremors of Parkinson’s disease, and they do not respond to drugs for Parkinson’s.

“They look like Parkinson’s from the waist down. From the waist up, they look very expressive,” said Dr. Alberto Espay of the University of Cincinnati’s Gardner Neuroscience Institute.

Brief update. Just asked my girlfriend what she thought about the GHWB thing with zero input from me. She thinks it's a complete joke and that the actress should have come out upfront or in private. She also, unsolicited, said "don't get me started on the 'me too' movement". Apparently her and her friends think women should come out at the time of an incident or soon after rather than waiting months or years to post on social media. They say that it is too easy and won't have the necessary impact.

Felt it was pretty relevant/interesting. I don't really have an opinion about the #metoo stuff, if anything thought it was positive and empowering. I'm sure the insults will start to rain down on my gf and her friends, though. Back to a tasty Oktoberfest, here.

Yes, of course they should.
The point of the "Me, too" thing was to point out ALL OF THE PEOPLE who have had this happen to them, in whatever capacity, since forever. Yes, I've talked about and addressed my experiences as they happened.... but I participated in the 'me, too' thing to be yet another woman pointing out that, hey - it's happened to me, too. This problem is ubiquitous to being a woman and hopefully everyone - moms, sisters, aunts, friends - saying "me, too" will make men realize just how much bullshit women have to put up with.

There is no excuse for Biden's behavior. Men should keep their hands to them selves. We are not Beluga's and Mallard. We are supposed to be more advanced than those animals, right?

How many people get to meet a President in their lives? Ive never met one. Gotta be something that is not only exciting but important and meaningful in someone's life. Then you meet him, and he grabs your ass and tells you dirty jokes and molests you in front of his wife. Gotta be a pretty shitty feeling, don't you think? It's fucked up, no matter what his age is. Dude is cognizant of what he is doing, and so is his complicit wife. They're assholes, at the very least, fucking up these meetings for women (on top of the assault).

I'm a dude and I like to get down and dirty with the wife and the green light to touch her is on by virtue of our relationship and our communication. I wouldn't dream of touching any other woman's ass, and even if I was single I wouldn't touch one until I was given the green light. Such an easy rule to live by. Easier than not speeding or driving after a couple extra pops. I don't understand why this is even a thing.

Last edited:

I saw some pics of him touching shoulders and leaning in too close. Looked creepy, but I don't know what the relationship or boundaries were established with those women. I hug the wives of my friends because the hug boundary has been established as we have all gotten to know each other, so that is not an assault

Have they come out and said "me too" about Biden. If so fuck him too, he's a POS.

Yes, of course they should.
The point of the "Me, too" thing was to point out ALL OF THE PEOPLE who have had this happen to them, in whatever capacity, since forever. Yes, I've talked about and addressed my experiences as they happened.... but I participated in the 'me, too' thing to be yet another woman pointing out that, hey - it's happened to me, too. This problem is ubiquitous to being a woman and hopefully everyone - moms, sisters, aunts, friends - saying "me, too" will make men realize just how much bullshit women have to put up with.

The "me too" thing kind of floored me. My daughter's preschool teacher, high school friends, college professors, a like post their experiences. I've also had women colleagues and students confide in me about inappropriate behavior they've experienced from male colleagues in recent years. These are PhD men groping women at professional conference mixers. I've definitely lived with white male ignorant privilege for a while. I feel like if we make excuses for anyone, because they are old or famous or too young, we are just allowing this insidiousness to pervade our society.

How many people get to meet a President in their lives? Ive never met one. Gotta be something that is not only exciting but important and meaningful in someone's life. Then you meet him, and he grabs your ass and tells you dirty jokes and molests you in front of his wife. Gotta be a pretty shitty feeling, don't you think? It's fucked up, no matter what his age is. Dude is cognizant of what he is doing, and so is his complicit wife. They're assholes, at the very least, fucking up these meetings for women (on top of the assault).

I'm a dude and I like to get down and dirty with the wife and the green light to touch her is on by virtue of our relationship and our communication. I wouldn't dream of touching any other woman's ass, and even if I was single I wouldn't touch one until I was given the green light. Such an easy rule to live by. Easier than not speeding or driving after a couple extra pops. I don't understand why this is even a thing.

Met Gerald Ford in third grade, boooooooring

omg.
maybe he should not have tarnished his own legacy by doing some skeezy joke/cop-a-feel thing.
he did this to himself.
what he did was inappropriate.
he does not get a pass because he was POTUS.
Nobody gets a pass.

I am still beside myself at the number of people on here who are cool with the whole 'nahhhhh, he's totally fine! he's old and was potus!'

This mentality, though you're only talking about this one incident, sinks in as the norm and is the reason why women do not come forward with this shit. Why subject yourself to ridicule and doubt, and then have to listen to people tell you 'it wasn't that bad, you're overreacting.' Or worse, get chastised for tarnishing the reputation of a 'good man.' FUCK that. He tarnished his own reputation by being pervy. How on earth can you put that on the woman calling him out on it? This is why women have just 'dealt' with this bullshit for so many years.
You're hearing about it now in bigger numbers because people are actually trying to take back their own space and stand up for themselves. How fucking sad that it took until 2017 to get to place where we, as a group, are strong and powerful enough to have the numbers to speak out en masse and make people listen.

Last edited:
The "me too" thing kind of floored me. My daughter's preschool teacher, high school friends, college professors, a like post their experiences. I've also had women colleagues and students confide in me about inappropriate behavior they've experienced from male colleagues in recent years. These are PhD men groping women at professional conference mixers. I've definitely lived with white male ignorant privilege for a while. I feel like if we make excuses for anyone, because they are old or famous or too young, we are just allowing this insidiousness to pervade our society.

allllll the pos rep to this man.

omg.
maybe he should not have tarnished his own legacy by doing some skeezy joke/cop-a-feel thing.
he did this to himself.
Nobody gets a pass.

I am still beside myself at the number of people on here who are cool with the whole 'nahhhhh, he's totally fine! he's old and was potus!'

This mentality, though you're only talking about this one incident, sinks in as the norm and is the reason why women do not come forward with this shit. Why subject yourself to ridicule and doubt, and then have to listen to people tell you 'it wasn't that bad, you're overreacting.' This is why women have just 'dealt' with this bullshit for so many years.
You're hearing about it now in bigger numbers because people are actually trying to take back their own space and stand up for themselves. How fucking sad that it took until 2017 to get to place where we, as a group, are strong and powerful enough to have the numbers to speak out en masse and make people listen.

Spot-fucking-on.

he did this to himself.
Nobody gets a pass.

why is it so hard for some of you to understand this?

I remember hearing some girls talking when I was in college, and they brought up this one guy who was cool and I always thought well-liked by the ladies, and they said "yeah he's cute but he stares at my breasts the whole time he is talking to me" and the rest agreed and were turned off and were basically calling him a chump for it, and I made a mental note not to do that.

Smart guys take cues like this and behave accordingly. It works, you should try it.

Last edited:
Back