• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Me Too [Cuomo joins hall of shame]

Question for you. Should the guy have given you a complement instead? If so, what would have been appropriate? A simple "you look very nice" perhaps? Or should he have just kept his mouth shut?

He said it after I had gotten out of the elevator, and thought he was just enjoying some 'locker room talk' out of earshot.
Honestly, I don't think it's appropriate - ever - for a male coworker to compliment me or make any comment on my appearance. I think they could say "you have nice clothes, do you have a suggestion for where I could buy something for my wife?" and talk about clothing as an object, but in general the workplace is not a place where someone should be objectifying YOU for how you look. I don't want to be distracted by worrying whether or not I'm putting out 'vibes' to people or that they're just looking at me rather than listening to the sweet data analysis coming out of my mouth.
A guy in general, not at work? A simple, "You look nice today - I like your ____ (hair, scarf, shoes)." Fine. That doesn't bother me. Just dont make pervy faces or gestures when you say it.
However, I am not all women in feeling that way, and some women may think it's just straight-up not your place to tell them your thoughts, because they didn't dress for you anyway. My personal opinion as a person is that if you think someone looks nice and you notice it, you can tastefully/reasonably tell them without coming across as a weirdo.

I hear you but there are also a lot of women who flat our do not give a hoot that a dude likes her skirt and/or compliments it.

He wasn't talking about my skirt. He was talking about me IN my skirt, most likely accompanied by this face, given his tone of voice: :naughty:

Dude..Where are these women? Seriously. Where the fuck are these feminists that seem to be so prevalent. You were a good person and held a door open for someone. What has happened in these women's lives that have made them so callous towards men who aren't posing a threat? I don't see it at work. I don't see it in my family. I don't see it in public. I don't see it when I leave W-S and go to big cities. I hear about it on these boards and I see it on MSM.

LBE - would you agree that #'s example could be a woman going a bit overboard?

Yes, I agree that #'s example could be a woman going overboard.

Last edited:
Holding the door, even for women, does not seem very common up north in my experience, and I've had a bunch of northern girls who've moved south say the same thing (one of the reason they like southern guys). My guess is she was from NY/NJ and thought you were making a pass at her by holding the door for her.

That's possible. She didn't know how to handle southern hospitality.

Admittedly, in Jr. High there was a bit of ass-grabbing going on. Not high-school.

In college one time the Spin Doctors came and played in the gym at App. Everybody was crazy and it was nuts-to-butts party down in front of the stage, and during the song Big Fat Funky Booty I reached out and grabbed the ass of the girl in front of me. She turned around and said “fuck you” and looked absolutely horrified. That was the last time I ever did anything like that. Grew up a bit that night.

I give compliments to co-workers all the time. Dude has a cool belt? "Awesome belt." Chick gets a new dress? "Dude, did you get a new dress? It's cool lookin'"
In the past week, I've complimented at least two ties, two pair of shoes (one man one woman), a button down full length dress thing (no idea what to call it but it had buttons from neck to ankle and looked cool as balls), a headset, a pair of crazy earrings, a leather jacket, and God knows what else.

I fucking love it when people admire the things I have on. I've never had someone rebuff a compliment. I got a compliment on a new tie a couple of weeks ago and I was like, "fuck yeah" for the rest of the day.

Me Too? [GHWB commits sexual assault?]

So Knight is either the creepy guy at the office or the gay fashionista in the office.

Mark Halperin sure sounds like a creep.

Case in point.

If anyone can provide a post where anyone has said that there's no line between a butt pat and sexual penetration rape, that'd be great. Otherwise, it's just the same posters linked above mischaracterizing the argument so it's easier for them to rage against.

Titcr

I give compliments to co-workers all the time. Dude has a cool belt? "Awesome belt." Chick gets a new dress? "Dude, did you get a new dress? It's cool lookin'"
In the past week, I've complimented at least two ties, two pair of shoes (one man one woman), a button down full length dress thing (no idea what to call it but it had buttons from neck to ankle and looked cool as balls), a headset, a pair of crazy earrings, a leather jacket, and God knows what else.

I fucking love it when people admire the things I have on. I've never had someone rebuff a compliment. I got a compliment on a new tie a couple of weeks ago and I was like, "fuck yeah" for the rest of the day.

Dude, stop saying, "dude."

Question for you. Should the guy have given you a complement instead? If so, what would have been appropriate? A simple "you look very nice" perhaps? Or should he have just kept his mouth shut?

Couple weeks ago I held the door open for this woman who looked roughly my age. She looked at me and said "don't even think about it."

I don't know what I wasn't supposed to be thinking about but then it made me wonder if I should have been thinking about something.

I hear you but there are also a lot of women who flat our do not give a hoot that a dude likes her skirt and/or compliments it.

Dude..Where are these women? Seriously. Where the fuck are these feminists that seem to be so prevalent. You were a good person and held a door open for someone. What has happened in these women's lives that have made them so callous towards men who aren't posing a threat? I don't see it at work. I don't see it in my family. I don't see it in public. I don't see it when I leave W-S and go to big cities. I hear about it on these boards and I see it on MSM.

LBE - would you agree that #'s example could be a woman going a bit overboard?

Ugh. These posts are cringe-worthy. Especially given the posters they are coming from (that's a compliment).

It's the whole "I was just being a gentleman, I can't fathom why this woman took it the wrong way" attitude. It's not being able to recognize the difference in saying "cool skirt LBE" after establishing over time through the course of your actions that you mean that in a non-creepy way vs. saying "did you SEE her in that skirt" as she gets off the elevator, which is clearly a statement objectifying LBE and not the skirt itself.

Nice guys need to understand that it's not up to women to realize we are nice guys. Creamy, can you really not fathom what might have happened to the woman numbers held the door for that made her so "callous" towards men or caused her to perceive numbers as a threat?

Ugh. These posts are cringe-worthy. Especially given the posters they are coming from (that's a compliment).

It's the whole "I was just being a gentleman, I can't fathom why this woman took it the wrong way" attitude. It's not being able to recognize the difference in saying "cool skirt LBE" after establishing over time through the course of your actions that you mean that in a non-creepy way vs. saying "did you SEE her in that skirt" as she gets off the elevator, which is clearly a statement objectifying LBE and not the skirt itself.

Nice guys need to understand that it's not up to women to realize we are nice guys. Creamy, can you really not fathom what might have happened to the woman numbers held the door for that made her so "callous" towards men or caused her to perceive numbers as a threat?

Don't really care what happened to her, If she wants to be an ass about someone holding the door then she is an ass. Peoples history always determine their personal level of asshatery, but shouldn't excuse it.

That's like saying, well Bob killed a guy, but did you ever consider that his mom not loving him enough led him to kill that hooker?? Stop being insensitive of Bob's problems.

nothing says class like getting mad at someone when you hurt their feelings/offend them

Back