• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Me Too [Cuomo joins hall of shame]

Yeah really. Screw him. He’s replaceable. All of them are.

As expected, Fox has this story at the top of their website page today, complete with much gloating and claims of liberal hypocrisy. Strange how Trump hasn't stepped down for similar charges, nor did Roy Moore quit, nor have many other GOPers. Link: http://www.foxnews.com/

Where is your moral high ground, catamount? This guy’s accusers went public. He resigned within hours. His career is over. Your false equivalency doesn’t work. You can’t complain conservatives are better about these issues.

I never said conservatives were better, they are objectively worse. I don't think we should compare the correct response with what shitty conservatives are doing, those people suck, what they do is irrelevant in the context of how to appropriately respond to a situation like this.

Some of the comments on the board at read a little like this "Why do we have to play by the rules when republicans don't?".

I never said conservatives were better, they are objectively worse. I don't think we should compare the correct response with what shitty conservatives are doing, those people suck, what they do is irrelevant in the context of how to appropriately respond to a situation like this.

Some of the comments on the board at read a little like this "Why do we have to play by the rules when republicans don't?".

Ah, there's your moral high ground. The comments read like "We play by rules. Republicans should to but we know they won't." Nobody suggested Schneiderman not step down. I don't even know where you get that from.

the takeaway from the last few months of #metoo is this: Republicans and Democrats both have plenty of horny dudes who try to creep on women that work for them. Its pretty damn gross on both sides of the aisle. However, Democrats are massively more likely to tell the dude to get lost and resign then republicans are.

the takeaway from the last few months of #metoo is this: Republicans and Democrats both have plenty of horny dudes who try to creep on women that work for them. Its pretty damn gross on both sides of the aisle. However, Democrats are massively more likely to tell the dude to get lost and resign then republicans are.

Yep. And somehow Republicans derive some moral superiority from it. "Look at those hypocrites! Dems abuse women too!"

^This. Democrats are no better on this issue in terms of their male pols behaving better than GOP male pols. Having said that, I also don't think there's much doubt as to which current party is far more likely to actually do something about their abusive/harassing politicians. I'm sure that somebody will mention Bill Clinton, but that was before the #metoo movement (it was still wrong for the Dems to overlook the accusations against him). I doubt that would happen today.

#MeToo is more than just republicans and democrats. It boils down to men in power of any kind using it to intimidate and sexually assault women. It's not a Washington problem, or a Hollywood problem, but a problem that runs pervasively in almost every culture around the world.

^This. Democrats are no better on this issue in terms of their male pols behaving better than GOP male pols. Having said that, I also don't think there's much doubt as to which current party is far more likely to actually do something about their abusive/harassing politicians. I'm sure that somebody will mention Bill Clinton, but that was before the #metoo movement (it was still wrong for the Dems to overlook the accusations against him). I doubt that would happen today.

Yep. And I do think Hillary paid the price for it because Gen X women weren't enthusiastic about Hillary. They just don't buy the "stand by your powerful man" logic from prior generations.

#MeToo is more than just republicans and democrats. It boils down to men in power of any kind using it to intimidate and sexually assault women. It's not a Washington problem, or a Hollywood problem, but a problem that runs pervasively in almost every culture around the world.

Yes, it is a systemic problem.

So much this. We're seeing it in academia. In my field, a few women scholars have started calling physically, sexually, and verbally abusive ex-boyfriends from grad school who are also prominent scholars.

It's never once crossed my mind to lay hands on anyone I've been dating or wanted to date.

It's an incredibly sad indictment of our society that in 2018 this is still such a big issue that permeates through seemingly every power level.

well said. this is not partisan issue and should not be viewed as such.

Yep. And somehow Republicans derive some moral superiority from it. "Look at those hypocrites! Dems abuse women too!"

In some corners of the internet, it's "Dems won't put mouthy women in their place, and now it cost them". That's at least some of the moral superiority. They currently feel the way liberals feel when a homophobic pastor or politician is found to be gay, and they are dead certain that they are on the right side of history in both cases.

Geez. That's worse than I thought.

Should probably add that I got that from the comments section on Ben Shapiro's facebook page.

It's never once crossed my mind to lay hands on anyone I've been dating or wanted to date.

It's an incredibly sad indictment of our society that in 2018 this is still such a big issue that permeates through seemingly every power level.

Eh. It’s human nature for some people to be assholes. You’re always going to have this type of thing happen.

I would say it’s actually a positive sign that our society is starting to publicly call these people out for who they are.

Back