• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Me Too [Cuomo joins hall of shame]

Dude, absolutely call it out, and the dude that does it should feel shame. The "you" in "when 'you' overstate" isn't the victim, it's the fucking SWJ trying to step in and draw attention to themselves instead of the problem. If this thread were full of, "he touched me, I called him out, and things got better" stories, I wouldn't even be posting in it.

Look at my example with the gay dude back on page 2 or whatever, basically the same thing on the airplane. You called him out, and that's the end of it.

Knight agrees with the majority of what all of you are saying. It's okay for views to be slightly different from yours. yours=everybody

Just because GTB feels that there is a line somewhere between a pat on the ass and rape, doesn't mean he condones either.

Good, then this is a dumb fucking thread.

no one here thinks it's kosher to go around slapping women on the behind. No reason to go on a witch hunt trying to make yourselves feel better because someone else has a different perspective on the matter.

To respond to you, Doofus, I think that's a bit hyperbolic and not how I interpreted Knight's post.

I took his posts as a whole to say that people shouldn't care about this type of stuff because there are "real injustices" going on in the world (obviously there are). I don't know about you guys, but I don't exactly have a finite amount of compassion that I can lend to fellow human beings. It's not like I am taking away from my disgust at rapists by saying "hey maybe it's not ok to touch females on the butt", or only have 100 compassion points to allot to each cause I feel worthy.

"Well currently I'm at 100 points of disgust to rape, but since GHWB touched a woman on her butt I have to drop that down to only caring 80 points so I can supply 20 points to random butt touchers."

It appears that Knight didn't mean for that to be the conclusion so I will drop it.

i mean, he specifically said he viewed an occasional grope as "NBD" and claimed it was simply "as big a deal as you make it"

There's a huge difference between calling someone out at the time of the issue, and expressing that it isn't OK, and waiting weeks/months to come out to publicly condemn/shame a 93 year old at the end of his life, who is otherwise regarded as a "good man". How do you SJWs not see that?

It seems obviously simple that what both of them did is the wrong way to go about things. But yeah, the fact that this situation could register any level of "outrage" for the board warriors is tough to comprehend.

There's a huge difference between calling someone out at the time of the issue, and expressing that it isn't OK, and waiting weeks/months to come out to publicly condemn/shame a 93 year old at the end of his life, who is otherwise regarded as a "good man". How do you SJWs not see that?

It seems obviously simple that what both of them did is the wrong way to go about things. But yeah, the fact that this situation could register any level of "outrage" for the board warriors is tough to comprehend.

Pretty sure the out rage is over people making excuses for the shitty behavior of a old man.

Why is the focus on the victim than the perpetrator? Your post is an example of why people wait until other people have come forward before coming forward themselves.

i mean, he specifically said he viewed an occasional grope as "NBD" and claimed it was simply "as big a deal as you make it"

I think there's a difference in occasional grope and sexual assault.

Some dudes are "touchy-feely" without harmful intentions. There's a difference in putting your hand on a woman's shoulder while speaking to her and touching her ass. If putting the hand on the shoulder bothers her, most likely she'll speak up and the dude would feel awful. He'd then most likely never do anything at all to offend that woman again.

I used to work with a fella who was the most touchy feely guy ever. Didn't matter if he knew you, didn't know you, man or woman, he was going to get close when talking to you and he would touch you often while doing it. He did this because he's a super loving, outgoing guy and didn't interpret it as being offensive. I would say most folks weren't offended by it but if anyone was, they'd bring it to his attention and it wouldn't happen again.

After reading some posts on this board it's pretty easy to see how people who come forward in the real world are trivialized, shamed, and just outright ignored when they bring up that they were sexually harassed.

"Oh, you didn't do it in an 'acceptable' timeframe, therefore you are in the wrong for bringing up the fact that you were harassed by a former POTUS, sorry."

The victim shaming is incredible.

ok, we'll follow your lead: shame on you for excusing and trivializing reprehensible behavior

And to another point, a gay buddy of mine is the same way. Very touchy feely kind fella and he isn't going to change that unless someone asks him to. As a straight fella, I don't mind if he puts his hand on my back when we chat..Doesn't bother me...might bother someone else and hopefully that person calls him out.

It's usually obvious when discerning between a misogynistic douche and a touchy feely guy who is harmless. We, as a society, should be smart enough at this point to understand the difference.

And to another point, a gay buddy of mine is the same way. Very touchy feely kind fella and he isn't going to change that unless someone asks him to. As a straight fella, I don't mind if he puts his hand on my back when we chat..Doesn't bother me...might bother someone else and hopefully that person calls him out.

It's usually obvious when discerning between a misogynistic douche and a touchy feely guy who is harmless. We, as a society, should be smart enough at this point to understand the difference.

anxiously awaiting the next anecdote about how you're not made to feel uncomfortable and why women shouldn't either

I think there's a difference in occasional grope and sexual assault.

Some dudes are "touchy-feely" without harmful intentions. There's a difference in putting your hand on a woman's shoulder while speaking to her and touching her ass. If putting the hand on the shoulder bothers her, most likely she'll speak up and the dude would feel awful. He'd then most likely never do anything at all to offend that woman again.

I used to work with a fella who was the most touchy feely guy ever. Didn't matter if he knew you, didn't know you, man or woman, he was going to get close when talking to you and he would touch you often while doing it. He did this because he's a super loving, outgoing guy and didn't interpret it as being offensive. I would say most folks weren't offended by it but if anyone was, they'd bring it to his attention and it wouldn't happen again.

If you hurt someone, but didn't intend to, does that mean they aren't really hurt?

anxiously awaiting the next anecdote about how you're not made to feel uncomfortable and why women shouldn't either

Not what I'm saying at all and I think you know that.

Everyone will have a different reaction is my point. Everyone's reaction should be respected. If the person feels uncomfortable in the least, they should speak up.

If you hurt someone, but didn't intend to, does that mean they aren't really hurt?

I don't think this is an applicable analogy, especially if you're discussing physical harm.

If you physically hurt someone then you are most likely in a worse situation than standing around the break room at work talking about what you're doing this weekend.

ETA: Neither situation is it okay to touch a lady's hiney. Unless you're Billy Madison

Last edited:
This one time at a brewery in north Georgia this gay guy kept buying me drinks while he sat next to me and put his hand on my back. He sold expensive watches and wanted me to come to his mountain cabin for a party, then his partner got too drunk and the time passed and there wasn’t enough time to setup the cheese boards for their party. I didn’t go to the party but I was ok with the free drinks and touching, anecdotes!

ok, we'll follow your lead: shame on you for excusing and trivializing reprehensible behavior

Where did I excuse it or trivialize it? It was wrong, and he should have been called out on it. I believe it should have been at the time of the issue, rather than days/weeks/months later to the entire nation. But, keep up the good fight. You're a hero!

I don't think this is an applicable analogy, especially if you're discussing physical harm.

If you physically hurt someone then you are most likely in a worse situation than standing around the break room at work talking about what you're doing this weekend.

Of course it's an applicable analogy.
If some dude touches my ass and it makes me uncomfortable, even though he didn't intend for it to make me uncomfortable, does that mean I should therefore not be uncomfortable by him touching my ass?

Where did I excuse it or trivialize it? It was wrong, and he should have been called out on it. I believe it should have been at the time of the issue, rather than days/weeks/months later to the entire nation. But, keep up the good fight. You're a hero!

well, the fact that you felt it necessary to tell everyone else how insignificant this event was is a pretty indication that you feel it's not worth discussing

Back