• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Me Too [Cuomo joins hall of shame]

I remember hearing some girls talking when I was in college, and they brought up this one guy who was cool and I always thought well-liked by the ladies, and they said "yeah he's cute but he stares at my breasts the whole time he is talking to me" and the rest agreed and were turned off and were basically calling him a chump for it, and I made a mental note not to do that.

Smart guys take cues like this and behave accordingly. It works, you should try it.

Haha. I have memories like that as well.

How many people get to meet a President in their lives? Ive never met one. Gotta be something that is not only exciting but important and meaningful in someone's life. Then you meet him, and he grabs your ass and tells you dirty jokes and molests you in front of his wife. Gotta be a pretty shitty feeling, don't you think? It's fucked up, no matter what his age is. Dude is cognizant of what he is doing, and so is his complicit wife. They're assholes, at the very least, fucking up these meetings for women (on top of the assault).

What bugs me about GHWB is I really respect him and couldn't imagine him doing this sort of thing.

The "me too" thing kind of floored me. My daughter's preschool teacher, high school friends, college professors, a like post their experiences. I've also had women colleagues and students confide in me about inappropriate behavior they've experienced from male colleagues in recent years. These are PhD men groping women at professional conference mixers. I've definitely lived with white male ignorant privilege for a while. I feel like if we make excuses for anyone, because they are old or famous or too young, we are just allowing this insidiousness to pervade our society.

Yeah. I'm kinda lucky in that there's not many sketchy old dudes in my department. A colleague was telling me about one of the sketchy OWGs in his college. Guy in his 70s. He works with a 30 something woman post-doc or research faculty. Somehow my colleague found out that the woman regularly gives the old guy massages in his office. My colleague told another OWG who is in some leadership capacity. His response: "Oh yeah, she gives good massages."

Like WTF?

What bugs me about _____ is I really respect him and couldn't imagine him doing this sort of thing.

...thought every woman ever about a man who did this to them.

...thought every woman ever about a man who did this to them.

Which is why it's good that people are starting to call it out.

It would be nice if we didn't elect it President though.

omg.
maybe he should not have tarnished his own legacy by doing some skeezy joke/cop-a-feel thing.
he did this to himself.
what he did was inappropriate.
he does not get a pass because he was POTUS.
Nobody gets a pass.

I am still beside myself at the number of people on here who are cool with the whole 'nahhhhh, he's totally fine! he's old and was potus!'

This mentality, though you're only talking about this one incident, sinks in as the norm and is the reason why women do not come forward with this shit. Why subject yourself to ridicule and doubt, and then have to listen to people tell you 'it wasn't that bad, you're overreacting.' Or worse, get chastised for tarnishing the reputation of a 'good man.' FUCK that. He tarnished his own reputation by being pervy. How on earth can you put that on the woman calling him out on it? This is why women have just 'dealt' with this bullshit for so many years.
You're hearing about it now in bigger numbers because people are actually trying to take back their own space and stand up for themselves. How fucking sad that it took until 2017 to get to place where we, as a group, are strong and powerful enough to have the numbers to speak out en masse and make people listen.

Literally everyone agrees it was inappropriate. I'd bet that you and everyone on this thread have done things (not necessarily sexual) that were more inappropriate in the grand scheme of things. But you didn't have them aired publicly after the fact to the entire civilized world.

Literally everyone agrees it was inappropriate. I'd bet that you and everyone on this thread have done things (not necessarily sexual) have done things that were more inappropriate in the grand scheme of things. But you didn't have them aired publicly after the fact to the entire civilized world.

he's a President of the United States of the so called best nation on earth and self-appointed moral leader of the planet, not an average citizen

Literally everyone agrees it was inappropriate. I'd bet that you and everyone on this thread have done things (not necessarily sexual) have done things that were more inappropriate in the grand scheme of things. But you didn't have them aired publicly after the fact to the entire civilized world.

Amazing that you are still doing this. "It's inappropriate behavior, BUT..."

Yeah. I'm kinda lucky in that there's not many sketchy old dudes in my department. A colleague was telling me about one of the sketchy OWGs in his college. Guy in his 70s. He works with a 30 something woman post-doc or research faculty. Somehow my colleague found out that the woman regularly gives the old guy massages in his office. My colleague told another OWG who is in some leadership capacity. His response: "Oh yeah, she gives good massages."

Like WTF?

That's fucked up.

But the cases I am referencing, I am not talking about old guys, I am talking about late 30's early 40's married with young children dudes, out drinking with grad students and getting handsy after the 4th beer. They will be old men in 20 years and we'll blow it off as "he's just old, his generation did that kind of thing."

Literally everyone agrees it was inappropriate. I'd bet that you and everyone on this thread have done things (not necessarily sexual) that were more inappropriate in the grand scheme of things. But you didn't have them aired publicly after the fact to the entire civilized world.

And maybe this is why it keeps happening and nothing changes.

omg.
maybe he should not have tarnished his own legacy by doing some skeezy joke/cop-a-feel thing.
he did this to himself.
what he did was inappropriate.
he does not get a pass because he was POTUS.
Nobody gets a pass.

I am still beside myself at the number of people on here who are cool with the whole 'nahhhhh, he's totally fine! he's old and was potus!'

This mentality, though you're only talking about this one incident, sinks in as the norm and is the reason why women do not come forward with this shit. Why subject yourself to ridicule and doubt, and then have to listen to people tell you 'it wasn't that bad, you're overreacting.' Or worse, get chastised for tarnishing the reputation of a 'good man.' FUCK that. He tarnished his own reputation by being pervy. How on earth can you put that on the woman calling him out on it? This is why women have just 'dealt' with this bullshit for so many years.
You're hearing about it now in bigger numbers because people are actually trying to take back their own space and stand up for themselves. How fucking sad that it took until 2017 to get to place where we, as a group, are strong and powerful enough to have the numbers to speak out en masse and make people listen.
This post just nails the classic close minded opinion many people have. This man has a fucking disease and cannot control has actions or behaviors and is subjected to his own embarrassing impulses. The amount of shame you want to level on a person in suffering is truly troubling and reflects poorly on how you view people imo.

Last edited:
This post just nailes the classic close minded opinion many people have. This man has a fucking disease and cannot control has actions or behaviors and is subjected to his own embarrassing impulses. The amount of shame you want to level on a person in suffering is truly troubling and reflects poorly on how you view people imo.

lol

I've had a ton of exposure to sick people over the years.

It's not rare for a sick/old (demented or delirious) dude to flirt with or even grab at a female nurse or CNA. Hell, demented old ladies sometimes make passes at me.

Usually the family will say something like, "that's not him or her--that's not the way he/she is". And I think to myself, yes it is who they are, now. A lot of why most of us (I hope and think) don't go around acting like ducks or whales (etc.) is simply culturalization, mores, laws and the like. Many men, I'd speculate, if they could get away with it sans any consequence, would behave more like the ducks and whales than we usually do.

Anyhow, I agree that the lame joke GHWB tells indicates he's aware of what he's doing. But I do wonder if, regardless of what we read in the press about his health status, he is doing this shit now (no reports of this kind of behavior when younger that I've heard) at least partly because of some disinhibiting neurodegenerative condition. I agree, however, that in the absence of any other indication (claim from him or his people) that he indeed suffers from such a malady, he deserves the scorn coming his way now.

As I said earlier, he (his people) are right to apologize and take steps to stop this unacceptable behavior.

Well I don’t think we should tarnish the reputation of a great man because he is sick. People trying to get 15 min of fame for exploiting an illness should be ashamed.

Well I don’t think we should tarnish the reputation of a great man because he is sick. People trying to get 15 min of fame for exploiting an illness should be ashamed.

lol why are you even posting on this thread anymore

Back