• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Me Too [Cuomo joins hall of shame]

This happened to you once, not dozens of times? Were you at work? Was he in a position of power over you? Could saying something to superiors have affected your job prospects or your career?

must spread rep...I was about to post similar. It's just not apples to apples until you multiply it out to how his experience would be if 50% of the population was gay dudes and they were typically your boss/dominated the power structure in most workplaces.
To be clear, ILC and GTB are endorsing and enabling sexual assault when they try to minimize these situations. Not a good look, but a good explanation for why it is such a widespread issue. Amazing how they (more GTB) use this, THIS, to puff out their chest about how tough they are. GTB, do you really think your isolated incident compares with what the average woman experiences over the course of their development and professional life?

Yeah, it's completely cool to just grab any woman by the ass and tell a terrible David Cop a feel joke any time you feel like it. Every man I know does this all the time. Sometimes we play tune in Tokyo because we are men and that's what men do. If any woman speaks out, we just tell her that she is trivializing more serious sexual assault and should shut up and makes us sammiches.

Drama Queen award winner 5 years running now.

Bush is older than dirt. It's an irrelevant and pointless accusation to level at him, and to term it "sexual assault" is laughable. A goose or slap is not sexual assault. It's inappropriate. And there are levels of inappropriate. This is low on the totem pole. Weinstein asking for massages is a bit higher, plus in his case you can add sexual harassment to the list since it involved employment. The unwelcome fat girl with the mustache who climbed in my bed in college and forced her weeble wobble body on me and her tongue down my throat is a bit higher and would probably be assault if we want to get definitions involved, but it too didn't require the involvement of police or outside parties or me running to the OG&B to talk about how men too can be assault victims. No, it just became a funny story, but that's also guys being guys. Ben Affleck grabbing some titty? Obviously uncalled for and assault by the definition, but I bet that girl bragged to her GFs that Ben Affleck hit on her. Weinstein and Cosby forcing their way on women? Well that is quite clearly something to make public and go to the cops about and it should've happened sooner. That it didn't speaks more to the power of position and money.

I'm not insensitive to issue. They say it's 1 out of 6 or 1 in 4 women or whatever, but I think it's much higher than that. Like 1 out of 2, and really 100% if we're going to count GHWB's actions in our definition of assault. My wife has been assaulted but didn't feel the need to join the #metoo chorus the other day because she didn't feel it was anybody's business to trumpet events from more than 25 years ago that bring back bad periods of her life. The primary problem is that it's often done by a friend who doesn't get reported. That and people like Weinstein who abuse their power are the real issues. Drunk, impulsive, or awkward young men will always act like drunk, impulsive, or awkward young men for as long as they have hormones and a cock. But there's an enormous difference between being boorish and being rapey. Bringing attention to both as bad and unwelcome is good, but not if it sounds petty like this woman's complaint does. I'm not proud of every stupid thing I've done where women are involved, but I've never been anywhere close to rape. I knew somebody in college who raped a girl (or at least I'll take the word of my best friend from college, who was his roommate and witnessed him climb up into bed with a passed out girl and have his way with her. She didn't come back the next semester) who has had a family now for several years and I don't know how he lives with himself.

FIFY

the problem is not just with rapes, you dolts. it's about the pervasive shitty behavior that forces women to be on guard 24/7 and deal with unwanted comments and touches in almost every aspect of their daily life, especially in the workplace where it can and usually does affect their career

Bush is older than dirt. It's an irrelevant and pointless accusation to level at him, and to term it "sexual assault" is laughable. A goose or slap is not sexual assault. It's inappropriate. And there are levels of inappropriate. This is low on the totem pole. Weinstein asking for massages is a bit higher, plus in his case you can add sexual harassment to the list since it involved employment. The unwelcome fat girl with the mustache who climbed in my bed in college and forced her weeble wobble body on me and her tongue down my throat is a bit higher and would probably be assault if we want to get definitions involved, but it too didn't require the involvement of police or outside parties or me running to the OG&B to talk about how men too can be assault victims. No, it just became a funny story, but that's also guys being guys. Ben Affleck grabbing some titty? Obviously uncalled for and assault by the definition, but I bet that girl bragged to her GFs that Ben Affleck hit on her. Weinstein and Cosby forcing their way on women? Well that is quite clearly something to make public and go to the cops about and it should've happened sooner. That it didn't speaks more to the power of position and money.

I'm not insensitive to issue. They say it's 1 out of 6 or 1 in 4 women or whatever, but I think it's much higher than that. Like 1 out of 2, and really 100% if we're going to count GHWB's actions in our definition of assault. My wife has been assaulted but didn't feel the need to join the #metoo chorus the other day because she didn't feel it was anybody's business to trumpet events from more than 25 years ago that bring back bad periods of her life. The primary problem is that it's often done by a friend who doesn't get reported. That and people like Weinstein who abuse their power are the real issues. Drunk, impulsive, or awkward young men will always act like drunk, impulsive, or awkward young men for as long as they have hormones and a cock. But there's an enormous difference between being boorish and being rapey. Bringing attention to both as bad and unwelcome is good, but not if it sounds petty like this woman's complaint does. I'm not proud of every stupid thing I've done where women are involved, but I've never been anywhere close to rape. I knew somebody in college who raped a girl (or at least I'll take the word of my best friend from college, who was his roommate and witnessed him climb up into bed with a passed out girl and have his way with her. She didn't come back the next semester) who has had a family now for several years and I don't know how he lives with himself.

Jesus, man. I can't even...

Kudos on not getting anywhere close to rape though. I guess I understand why some people need the "Mother" rule.

Bush is older than dirt. It's an irrelevant and pointless accusation to level at him, and to term it "sexual assault" is laughable. A goose or slap is not sexual assault. Good start here. It's inappropriate. Well at least we got this admission And there are levels of inappropriate. This is low on the totem pole. Weinstein asking for massages is a bit higher, plus in his case you can add sexual harassment to the list since it involved employment. The unwelcome fat girl with the mustache who climbed in my bed in college and forced her weeble wobble body on me and her tongue down my throat is a bit higher and would probably be assault if we want to get definitions involved probably battery, definitely sexual assault as well, but we'll move on, but it too didn't require the involvement of police or outside parties or me running to the OG&B to talk about how men too can be assault victims. No, it just became a funny story that's awfully nice privilege you've got there sir, but that's also guys being guys and this old friend - great phrase!. Ben Affleck grabbing some titty? Obviously uncalled for and assault by the definition, but I bet that girl bragged to her GFs that Ben Affleck hit on her. oh it must be okay then Weinstein and Cosby forcing their way on women? Well that is quite clearly something to make public and go to the cops about and it should've happened sooner. That it didn't speaks more to the power of position and money.

I'm not insensitive to issue. lol okay They say it's 1 out of 6 or 1 in 4 women or whatever, but I think it's much higher than that. fair - point to ELC Like 1 out of 2, and really 100% if we're going to count GHWB's actions in our definition of assault. battery really, but semantics My wife has been assaulted but didn't feel the need to join the #metoo chorus the other day because she didn't feel it was anybody's business to trumpet events from more than 25 years ago that bring back bad periods of her life. and that's her prerogative, not sure what the point of this is compared to other women who did feel like it was a good idea to bring it up. Shockingly, women are people who handle things differently The primary problem is that it's often done by a friend who doesn't get reported. another good point - another to ELC That and people like Weinstein who abuse their power are the real issues. this, plus your first post on this thread, really serve to minimize the impact of unwanted sexual advances or touching experienced by people Drunk, impulsive, or awkward young men will always act like drunk, impulsive, or awkward young men for as long as they have hormones and a cock. oh okay, let's just get rid of rape for men under the age of 30 then But there's an enormous difference between being boorish and being rapey. well in most states rape is sexual penetration. "Boorish" might be a lewd joke or sexual innuendo but I'd say that it's pretty clear where "boorish" passes into unwanted sexual or physical contact - and that is, the contact part Bringing attention to both as bad and unwelcome is good, but not if it sounds petty like this woman's complaint does. it's literally unwanted physical touching which isn't legal I'm not proud of every stupid thing I've done where women are involved, but I've never been anywhere close to rape. good to know I knew somebody in college who raped a girl (or at least I'll take the word of my best friend from college, who was his roommate and witnessed him climb up into bed with a passed out girl and have his way with her. She didn't come back the next semester) who has had a family now for several years and I don't know how he lives with himself. yeah that's rough, I'll award half a point

I'll rate this as a 1.5 out of 10 after subtracting points from the other ones gained. Probably generous. Would not read again.

lol a statement about casually touching butts is hilarious int he Post-Weinstein reality

Besides the fact that Creamy is over the top flamboyant and groping is still not cool.

I think this thread also concludes that Shoo is the guy at the party you avoid at all costs.

Besides the fact that Creamy is over the top flamboyant and groping is still not cool.

I think this thread also concludes that Shoo is the guy at the party you avoid at all costs.

I mean, if I were a woman, I'd be avoiding the guy who gooses women and tells bad sex jokes. As a man, I also tend to avoid these types of "guys being guys" dudes, but to each his own.

We have a very narrow window of responsibility and sexual maturity for men. Old men can harass and grope because it's cute and funny and they deserve it. Teenage boys can harass and grope because they don't really know any better, yet. All men can do it in certain contexts like locker rooms and country clubs. It's probably ok to harass and grope at bars after, like, 10pm and definitely ok in a frat house 24/7 because it's expected. At work it's ok as long as it's just a joking grope.

I mean, if I were a woman

Dammit all... I lost my bet with bigboy8.

2015_moneyfilms_3_base.jpg

Old people in wheelchairs can barely hold their arms up in the first place. And he’s reallly old. She could have gotten the same apology privately and it would have been just as sincere. I’m kinda meh on this one.

yeah not funny.

ELC---if you knew men were patting your wife on the butt would you be ok with that?

I would like to know that joke that HW Bush tells all the time. I bet its good.

We need to dispel of the myth that CreamyGoodness has ever groped a woman. Creamy has never once groped a woman who wasn't feeling his vibes.

Creamy only makes bad sex jokes on message boards. Creamy is not the problem but the solution.

Back