• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Me Too [Cuomo joins hall of shame]

That My Pillow dude should start kicking out some low end, shitty razors.

i just use the same blade for like a year plus. i think my handle is about 8 years old

Same here. Don't really see a big deal in the ad either. I think sending a broadcast message about misbehavior by a minority of a group sends the message that the entire group is toxic. Plus men just don't want to be lectured by their shaving company.

But, if Gillette made a female version of this ad for their lady razors, there would still be uproar for much of the same reasons. Gillette knows better than to try this (men bad; women good), but it would make a good SNL parody commercial. What would be the female behaviors Gillette could cajole women to correct?

just a minute of women apologizing for everything, except i think they already did that. or was that amy schumer

Same here. Don't really see a big deal in the ad either. I think sending a broadcast message about misbehavior by a minority of a group sends the message that the entire group is toxic. Plus men just don't want to be lectured by their shaving company.

But, if Gillette made a female version of this ad for their lady razors, there would still be uproar for much of the same reasons. Gillette knows better than to try this (men bad; women good), but it would make a good SNL parody commercial. What would be the female behaviors Gillette could cajole women to correct?

LOL. Women get lectured to in ads all the time. What a tone deaf post.

I’m not a fan of the terms, but if we ever needed an example of what male privilege or hegemonic masculinity look like... Good lord, awaken.

50224062_10216762529167747_4064727598343651328_o.jpg

Iowa GOP Senator Joni Ernst just divorced her husband. He claims that the divorce happened in part because he caught her having an affair with a subordinate while she was in the military, she claims that he was having an affair. She now publicly claims that she is also "a survivor" of domestic abuse by her ex-husband. The problem with this is that during the Kavanaugh hearings, she said things like "corroboration of Ford's claims against Kavanaugh just wasn't there", and "I do believe that there is some trauma that Dr. Ford has experienced in the past, but it cannot be corroborated, so we have to look at the facts as presented, and the facts as presented is that there is no connection between the two...he [Kavanaugh] is an upstanding man." Needless to say, she's getting roasted on social media. One person on twitter sarcastically tweeted that she would need to hear Ernst's ex-husband's side of the story before deciding whom to believe. LOL.

Link: https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...-politics-us-army-senate-ia-trump/2654374002/

Her word choice was, um, not artful.

"What I want people to understand is that I am the same person as I was last week. You just know more about what’s inside of me now," she said.

Uh ok.

“Gail Ernst accused Joni of having an affair with one of her soldiers while she was deployed as a company commander. He caught her secretly emailing him, he wrote.”

“Joni Ernst, speaking publicly about the allegations for the first time on Wednesday, said that a number of her former soldiers "are extremely supportive" of her.

"They were online with me yesterday and texting me about how supportive they were," she said. "And so I care about all of my soldiers. Many of them refer to me as 'Mom.' So no, the allegation is not true."”

Joni, that’s creepy. Please stop.

I assume she’s being accused of having an affair with someone under her direct command. That’s very serious.

It really seems like the accusation of abuse is an attempt to deflect from her improprieties.

Her word choice was, um, not artful.

"What I want people to understand is that I am the same person as I was last week. You just know more about what’s inside of me now," she said.

Uh ok.

“Gail Ernst accused Joni of having an affair with one of her soldiers while she was deployed as a company commander. He caught her secretly emailing him, he wrote.”

“Joni Ernst, speaking publicly about the allegations for the first time on Wednesday, said that a number of her former soldiers "are extremely supportive" of her.

"They were online with me yesterday and texting me about how supportive they were," she said. "And so I care about all of my soldiers. Many of them refer to me as 'Mom.' So no, the allegation is not true."”

Joni, that’s creepy. Please stop.

I assume she’s being accused of having an affair with someone under her direct command. That’s very serious.

It really seems like the accusation of abuse is an attempt to deflect from her improprieties.

I read somewhere - I believe it was Nate Silver's website - that she is one of the more vulnerable GOP Senators up for reelection in 2020. This certainly won't help her, I think.

Not political per se, but famed Hollywood Director Bryan Singer (four of the The X-Men movies, Bohemian Rhapsody, The Usual Suspects, Superman Returns etc.), is the focus of a major article in the latest issue of The Atlantic. I've read over the years rumors that he has a liking for underage teen and pre-teen boys. This article pretty much confirms it, and includes interviews with several of his alleged victims, including rape accusations. Disturbing stuff. If true, at a minimum his career should be over, and he should be in prison.

Link: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/03/bryan-singers-accusers-speak-out/580462/

Last edited:
Back