• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Spent the day in DC with the kids. Did the spy museum and the spy adventure thing with them. Oh the irony

Better than "I wouldn't advocate for it"

Yea, I think Trump is skeeerd and is going to fire Mueller. Maybe soon.

He’s skeeerd of obstruction charges and money laundering/financial irregularities or revelations. Maybe other shit too?

So his strategy seems to be to attempt to discredit the investigation and investigators and then end it.

Law and order. 🙄

With one man, an obvious pathological liar and nut becoming the ultimate arbiter of “truth”.

Pubs going to let it happen. Dark days for them with a price to be paid by us all.

Yeah let’s not panic

It's a bit out there, but to be fair, republicans tried to go down this route in early 2017 with the claims that 3 million illegal immigrants voted in California. They couldn't even find a couple facts to cherry pick in support of their argument so they abandoned the effort, but they did try to question the legitimacy of the vote in 2016.

From a quick scan, it seems like all it would take is for red states to cancel their elections and for Congress to allow them to do it then not accept the results of blue state elections.

It's quite feasible that Republicans will use the Russia investigation to justify this. It wouldn't take much for Trump and the Republicans to do a 180 and say, "Yes, Russia is attempting to hack our elections. We need to postpone the midterm elections until we figure out what's going on."

Dear Louise,

Your theory is credible and has legs. I would run with it on twitter.

XOXOXO

Claude

If there is one thing in this whole investigation I am confident about, it is that Mueller has a plan in place for when Trump inevitably tries to fire him.

What would need to happen to cancel the elections?

Halfway serious question.

If Republicans sense they will lose power at all levels, they’re not just going to do nothing to stop it.

Democrats cannot be allowed to get away with an attempted coup.

Indictments, Arrests and Convictions coming for those officials who participated in the most blatant, pervasive and corrosive abuse of power in U.S. History

If there is one thing in this whole investigation I am confident about, it is that Mueller has a plan in place for when Trump inevitably tries to fire him.

Yeah, you might see some state prosecutions that Trump couldn't stop via firing Mueller or issuing pardons. And he'd probably go public with the evidence he's gathered to date. Not sure what else he'd do. If I were Trump's counsel, this would be the reason I'd be telling him not to fire Mueller - his subsequent pardons would be no good.

Democrats cannot be allowed to get away with an attempted coup.

Indictments, Arrests and Convictions coming for those officials who participated in the most blatant, pervasive and corrosive abuse of power in U.S. History

Love ya man but that’s a 2/10

Lol at Hannity trying to talk Trump off the ledge.

Hannity: 'There’s not going to be any firing of Mueller'

Fox News host Sean Hannity said early Monday that "there's not going to be any firing of [Robert] Mueller" while recommending that it would be in the president's best interest "not to comment" on the special counsel's investigation into Russian meddling in the presidential election.

“What do you make of Robert Mueller and the suggestion that the president is about to fire him?” "Fox & Friends" host Steve Doocy asked Hannity, an openly staunch supporter of President Trump who rarely appears on the network's morning program. “You don’t think that’s a good idea, do you?”

"The president didn't say he was going to fire him. This is the fake news media doing what they do best," Hannity replied. "The president made a comment, and maybe if I was advising the president I’d say, 'Let this investigation go forward. We’re probably coming to the end of it, if I had to render a guess. And it would be in his best interest probably not to comment.”

"All the president was saying was, 'This [special counsel investigation] should never have been. This never should have happened,' " Hannity continued before concluding, "I would argue we’re getting to the end of the process. There’s not going to be any firing of Mueller.”

The president appeared to have enjoyed Hannity's appearance on the program, which he has praised frequently since taking office.

"@seanhannity on @foxandfriends now! Great! 8:18 A.M," Trump tweeted to his 49.2 million followers.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/379137-hannity-theres-not-going-to-be-any-firing-of-mueller

Back