• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

So...I just found out that Gates is one of my good friend's brother in law. Her sister is older and I don't know her well. But I probably met Gates at my friend's wedding back in the mid 2000's.

I knew they lived in a nice house but didn't know much else about them or their life.

I think you are oversimplifying it. My parents are yuge trumpets, so I’ve done a lot of thinking about this. I think Trump fits really well into the worldview of a few demographics, and all those demographics are afraid of losing their way of life. First, there are shitbags like him. The Mike Flynn’s of the world. Trump’s win normalizes their shittiness in their mind. Next there are folks for whom wealth is inherently moral. For these folks, Trump’s success implies he’s a good decision maker or just #blessed in some way. Stocks are up, tax cuts are coming, everything else isn’t that important. This subsection crosses over into religious conservatives, specifically evangelicals. In their mind, God has given Trump his wealth, and that’s a pretty huge endorsement to that prosperity gospel bullshit lapping crowd. Then you have folks who are just inherently afraid. Trump’s tough talk about the things, and more important people, that scare them makes them feel safe. You also cannot discredit the role of increasingly isolating media consumption. Just look at how Fox is reporting today. It’s a very real thing, and even if you admit it’s a counter balance to leftist media, you can’t honestly deny that the fox bias is there. You also have to accept that Fox is even more mainstream than others outlets. It’s functionally a gateway media outlet. This isn’t every Trump supporter, but the true believers will never be swayed. It would mean abandonment of their very identity. Groups of folks afraid or unwilling to change aren’t really known for their willingness to admit they were wrong about something.

I completely get where you're comping from as a fellow fatalistic Deac fan, and maybe America is well and truly fucked going forward forever because of idiots, but I also think you overlook the fact Trump won by like 80,000 votes over 3 states with a depressed Democrat turnout. That's like the capacity of a Notre Dame football game.

Sure. But those voters are still with us and will be electing idiots for many years to come.

Did Webster's dad wear a wire?

Apologies if this is old news at this point. I am way behind on this thread and all of the storylines that came out of today.

So if Russia has been eager to meet with DJT that means they hadn't. See? NO COLLUSION

I have halflings and I'm not sure how anyone trying to be a good role model and teach the right values to their halflings can support Trump.

I’m here because I think the collusion scandal is a political witch hunt so I’m pushing back on you libs.

Papadopoulos is much more likely to have impact on Trump than the manafort charges. Everyone knew manafort was crooked, yet to be seen if Papadopoulos has any evidence of real collusion by the campaign.

Back