Page 17 of 467 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 9340

Thread: First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

  1. #321

  2. #322
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    69,146
    One of the key things today was Papadapolous admitted in his plea that Russians had been in contact with the Trump campaign from at least as early as April 26, 2016. This is almost two months before the public knew.

    It seems that either Kelly is already cooperating or Mueller is going to drop a house on him.

  3. #323
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    105,675

  4. #324
    The Pumpfaker THE DEUCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    nowhere special
    Posts
    2,767
    *DO NOT post FoxNews articles on here! Today they focused on a cheese burger emoji when 3 major players in their beloved Trump campaign just received indictments....it is about as obvious as Donald's connections with Putin
    Hannity also had Nazi Gorka on as a guest......proof and point

  5. #325
    THE quintessential dwarf palmab03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    paradise
    Posts
    44,640
    Quote Originally Posted by THE DEUCE View Post
    *DO NOT post FoxNews articles on here! Today they focused on a cheese burger emoji when 3 major players in their beloved Trump campaign just received indictments....it is about as obvious as Donald's connections with Putin
    Hannity also had Nazi Gorka on as a guest......proof and point
    I'll give you that. However, what's really sad is how similarly biased the usual left is, but few liberals here seem to realize it. The general consensus seems to be fox is for crazies and their side is just truth telling. Its rather disturbing.
    just drivin' round in John Voight's car

  6. #326

  7. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    So can someone tell me what laws they think Trump, et al., violated? I'm new to this story, but you guys have been following it for months, so surely you know what laws have potentially been violated?
    Last edited by Newenglanddeac; 10-31-2017 at 07:03 AM.

  8. #328
    The Pumpfaker THE DEUCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    nowhere special
    Posts
    2,767
    Quote Originally Posted by palmab03 View Post
    I'll give you that. However, what's really sad is how similarly biased the usual left is, but few liberals here seem to realize it. The general consensus seems to be fox is for crazies and their side is just truth telling. Its rather disturbing.
    Fox News digs it's own grave with the straight blatant lies that they broadcast. I always want to hear the other side of the story but Fox News credibility has sailed a long time ago when they sold their soul to Russia..For the record..I refuse to watch MSNBC or CNN.

  9. #329
    I’m beginning to think sailordeac might not actually be a Wake grad teaching in Europe....

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by palmab03 View Post
    I'll give you that. However, what's really sad is how similarly biased the usual left is, but few liberals here seem to realize it. The general consensus seems to be fox is for crazies and their side is just truth telling. Its rather disturbing.
    No, you are just trying to sound so above it all that you aren't paying attention. When somebody posts something from Jennifer Rubin, for instance, it isn't a counterbalance to the RW propaganda porn that sailor or moonz posts from the NYPost or Faux news.

  11. #331
    Rusty Larue

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem thru 2020
    Posts
    10,970
    Quote Originally Posted by palmab03 View Post
    I'll give you that. However, what's really sad is how similarly biased the usual left is, but few liberals here seem to realize it. The general consensus seems to be fox is for crazies and their side is just truth telling. Its rather disturbing.
    Ah yes! The false equivalency of Fox News and the MSM argument.

    The MSM has a liberal bias; not many liberals will deny this. But bias =\= Fake. MSM (by this I mean NYT, CNN, WaPo, etc.) might have a liberal slant but they are governed by real journalistic standards (meaning that there are real consequences for not doing due diligence on a story and that mistakes are corrected in a timely manner). They also cover anything newsworthy. You might think they try and spin things in liberals favor, but they still cover stories that are bad for liberals (see early November 2016).

    Fox on the other hand is a propaganda network. They either don't cover or delay/diminish their coverage of bad news about the president and push made up or intentionally misleading stories about liberals (really just one liberal). There are fox viewers out there that don't believe Trump ever said "grab em by the pussy." I doubt you will find a CNN viewer that is unaware of Hillary's emails.

  12. #332
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    64,355
    Quote Originally Posted by RChildress107 View Post
    Ah yes! The false equivalency of Fox News and the MSM argument.

    The MSM has a liberal bias; not many liberals will deny this. But bias =\= Fake. MSM (by this I mean NYT, CNN, WaPo, etc.) might have a liberal slant but they are governed by real journalistic standards (meaning that there are real consequences for not doing due diligence on a story and that mistakes are corrected in a timely manner). They also cover anything newsworthy. You might think they try and spin things in liberals favor, but they still cover stories that are bad for liberals (see early November 2016).

    Fox on the other hand is a propaganda network. They either don't cover or delay/diminish their coverage of bad news about the president and push made up or intentionally misleading stories about liberals (really just one liberal). There are fox viewers out there that don't believe Trump ever said "grab em by the pussy." I doubt you will find a CNN viewer that is unaware of Hillary's emails.
    Oh boy, jhmd gets to use his “say it louder, Candy” line!

  13. #333
    Rusty Larue

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem thru 2020
    Posts
    10,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    So can someone tell me what laws they think Trump, et al., violated? I'm new to this story, but you guys have been following it for months, so surely you know what laws have potentially been violated?
    In general? Numerous counts of various sex crimes, fraud, financial crimes, etc.

    Related to the election: Obstruction of Justice and the Computer Fraud and Abuse act, at a minimum.

    Not sure how much of that Mueller will be able to prove. It ultimately doesn't matter. He could admit to all of it and still remain president or he could be completely innocent and still be impeached.

  14. #334
    I wonder if today is anything like living during the red scare of the 40s and 50s.

  15. #335
    Steve Lepore
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greensboro,NC
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabs Turds Bare View Post
    I wonder if today is anything like living during the red scare of the 40s and 50s.
    It is not.

  16. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabs Turds Bare View Post
    I wonder if today is anything like living during the red scare of the 40s and 50s.
    Fast forward a couple decades.

  17. #337
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabs Turds Bare View Post
    I wonder if today is anything like living during the red scare of the 40s and 50s.
    nope

  18. #338

  19. #339
    Apologies if this has already been posted amidst the circle jerk, but NRO always has good legal takes, albeit conservative ones. Worth reading.

    Their take on Papadopoulos (the most relevant indictment to so-called collusion) http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ulpatory-trump

    Their take on Manafort http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ssia-collusion

  20. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by sailordeac View Post
    y'all lefties need some different perspectives, here's one:

    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...nt-matter.html
    this article is one giant piece of sophistry, because it is based on a false premise: that the special counsel's only job is to find and prosecute crimes. The special counsel's job is to find out what happened and make a report. That report may conclude there were crimes, or it may conclude there were no crimes. So far it appears he has identified crimes committed within the subject matter of his charge by some people involved in the Trump campaign, and indeed, one such individual has plead guilty. Whether he will identify more is as yet unknown. This piece is the kind of thing that will be lapped up by people desperate to find an intellectual framework that enables them to justify terminating the special counsel before the work is done because the results are likely to be politically embarrassing even if no crimes by the President himself are identified.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •