• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Apologies if this has already been posted amidst the circle jerk, but NRO always has good legal takes, albeit conservative ones. Worth reading.

Their take on Papadopoulos (the most relevant indictment to so-called collusion) http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...rge-papadopoulos-indictment-exculpatory-trump

Their take on Manafort http://www.nationalreview.com/article/453244/manafort-indictment-no-signs-trump-russia-collusion

national review says not only are these two pieces of the investigation big nothingburgers, they're actually helpful to Trump

It's weird how conservatives are treating this like it's the only thing coming out of the investigation.

*DO NOT post FoxNews articles on here! Today they focused on a cheese burger emoji when 3 major players in their beloved Trump campaign just received indictments....it is about as obvious as Donald's connections with Putin
Hannity also had Nazi Gorka on as a guest......proof and point

The burger was a sublime trolling effort by some editor at Fox.

Ah yes! The false equivalency of Fox News and the MSM argument.

The MSM has a liberal bias; not many liberals will deny this. But bias =\= Fake. MSM (by this I mean NYT, CNN, WaPo, etc.) might have a liberal slant but they are governed by real journalistic standards (meaning that there are real consequences for not doing due diligence on a story and that mistakes are corrected in a timely manner). They also cover anything newsworthy. You might think they try and spin things in liberals favor, but they still cover stories that are bad for liberals (see early November 2016).

Fox on the other hand is a propaganda network. They either don't cover or delay/diminish their coverage of bad news about the president and push made up or intentionally misleading stories about liberals (really just one liberal). There are fox viewers out there that don't believe Trump ever said "grab em by the pussy." I doubt you will find a CNN viewer that is unaware of Hillary's emails.

o-CNN-HANDS-UP-facebook.jpg

I'll give you that. However, what's really sad is how similarly biased the usual left is, but few liberals here seem to realize it. The general consensus seems to be fox is for crazies and their side is just truth telling. Its rather disturbing.

I mean yeah, that's the consensus, because it's true. You really think that if Hillary's campaign manager was indicted that the media outlets that you consider left wing (CNN? NYT? I don't know what you're counting) wouldn't cover it as a major story??

good grief...today CNN says that Mueller is the most powerful man in Washington. Countdown until Trump gets jealous and does/tweets something about Hillary or Mueller...5, 4, 3, 2, 1

national review says not only are these two pieces of the investigation big nothingburgers, they're actually helpful to Trump

They leave some wiggle room, but essentially yes. They also articulate in great detail why.

They say that Manafort is shady but being overcharged for the sake of exerting leverage. The most interesting thing about their article, IMO, was that the government must demonstrate criminal origins of money laundered and that he knew the money had criminal origins. I have not read the indictment to see what it says about that, but one would think specific criminality would be articulated in any indictment. He will have a great lawyer. This may be a case where 12 counts get whittled down to 2 and he pleads to failure to register as a foreign agent (big whoop) and tax evasion. Was tax evasion even part of the original indictment?

The Papadopoulos take is more speculative, but addresses what's known in the plea deal. Wouldn't be surprised if they have somebody on tape telling him to not cooperate with the witch hunt, etc... So the hope by Mueller and the rest of the swamp here would be to track obstruction up the chain.

I think the fact that brad is on an equivalency and whataboutism rampage demonstrates how bad the news was for the President yesterday.

In general? Numerous counts of various sex crimes, fraud, financial crimes, etc.

Related to the election: Obstruction of Justice and the Computer Fraud and Abuse act, at a minimum.

Not sure how much of that Mueller will be able to prove. It ultimately doesn't matter. He could admit to all of it and still remain president or he could be completely innocent and still be impeached.

Nobody on this board has any idea about the crimes the President or his staff may or may not have committed related to the election, outside of what Webester's dad copped to yesterday.

Obstruction for firing Comey?

What money was given in violation of campaign finance laws/laundered?

How did Trump's campaign violate the CFAA?

Nothing has been charged against trump yet. The investigation is on going. You're asking us to explain things that haven’t been revealed or concluded yet.

Last edited:
It's sad that is considered a partisan issue. But again you mistake bias for falsehood.

The "Hands up, don't shoot" theory was debunked and proven false, correct?

So unless I'm missing something, during a "news" broadcast and not an opinion program this is an example of bias and falsehood.

The "Hands up, don't shoot" theory was debunked and proven false, correct?

So unless I'm missing something, during a "news" broadcast and not an opinion program this is an example of bias and falsehood.

yes it is debunked bc even if you have your hands up they will shoot it all depends if the cop feels "comfortable"

I think the fact that brad is on an equivalency and whataboutism rampage demonstrates how bad the news was for the President yesterday.

Please explain why I care about bad news for a President that I did not vote for in the primary/general or support in the primary/general.

Stick to your laughable predictions on the sports board, counselor.

Back