• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

The "Hands up, don't shoot" theory was debunked and proven false, correct?

So unless I'm missing something, during a "news" broadcast and not an opinion program this is an example of bias and falsehood.

So it is your opinion that FoxNews is equivalent to CNN/MSNBC/NYT/WaPo/CBS/ABC or whatever other "MSM" news source you want to lump in with them in terms of journalistic integrity? You believe that FoxNews has the same standards and covers issues in a way that allows its viewers/readers to get a complete perspective of the events of the day?

Happy Halloween!!

DNbUdAJVAAMDJvU.jpg

Stopped reading at yesterday "was a good day for Trump".

Maybe try leaving your echo chamber now and then. The NRO articles at least address things like, you know, the law. I read the lawfareblog link that Ph posted and it read like a gossip piece that had one citation of law (for lying to the FBI) and no substantive analysis.

yes it is debunked bc even if you have your hands up they will shoot it all depends if the cop feels "comfortable"

Like the therapist who was shot in Miami while laying on the ground with his hands up explaining that he was trying to help an autistic man.

If a cop wants to shoot you, the cop will shoot you. The idea that what you do matters is comical.

Please explain why I care about bad news for a President that I did not vote for in the primary/general or support in the primary/general.

Stick to your laughable predictions on the sports board, counselor.

Same reason jh cares. Same reason sailor cares. Same reason 2&2 cares. Because despite the fact you supposedly didn't vote for him (a fact I statement I believe from jh and 2&2 more than I do you, mainly because you are a piece of shit with little in the way of redeeming human qualities) you can't help be so tribalistic that you must defend anything the President does.

And LOL if you think I give a shit about whether my predictions about Wake performances come true. Given I usually predict failure, I am happy as hell when I am wrong. But nice attempt at a burn, sunshine.

So it is your opinion that FoxNews is equivalent to CNN/MSNBC/NYT/WaPo/CBS/ABC or whatever other "MSM" news source you want to lump in with them in terms of journalistic integrity? You believe that FoxNews has the same standards and covers issues in a way that allows its viewers/readers to get a complete perspective of the events of the day?

It explodes my mind that you're trying to defend any of the alphabet soup in your post.

national review says not only are these two pieces of the investigation big nothingburgers, they're actually helpful to Trump

I'm not sure "helpful" is the right word. It may well be that Papadopoulus is the only guy who had any real contacts with Russia, and his were pretty pitiful, and nothing sticks to anyone higher than him. Or that may not be the case, and there's more dirt and he's agreed to reveal it in exchange for copping to a lesser plea. It is quite possible that Mueller's final revelations will not be criminal charges but nonetheless politically damaging and Republicans will have to go to the voters in 2018 defending their leader who (non-criminally) colluded with Russia to get elected. That's what the Trump apologists are really afraid of, and they're trying to get out ahead of it now with the narrative that if there's no criminal charges against Trump himself the whole thing was illegitimate ab initio.

Naturally, they are immune to the resounding irony of this line of thought as applied to 20 years of publicly-funded anti-Hilary witch hunts that never generated a single charge against her.

Same reason jh cares. Same reason sailor cares. Same reason 2&2 cares. Because despite the fact you supposedly didn't vote for him (a fact I statement I believe from jh and 2&2 more than I do you, mainly because you are a piece of shit with little in the way of redeeming human qualities) you can't help be so tribalistic that you must defend anything the President does.

This is rich

Like the therapist who was shot in Miami while laying on the ground with his hands up explaining that he was trying to help an autistic man.

If a cop wants to shoot you, the cop will shoot you. The idea that what you do matters is comical.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PhDeac again

I'm not sure "helpful" is the right word. It may well be that Papadopoulus is the only guy who had any real contacts with Russia, and his were pretty pitiful, and nothing sticks to anyone higher than him. Or that may not be the case, and there's more dirt and he's agreed to reveal it in exchange for copping to a lesser plea. It is quite possible that Mueller's final revelations will not be criminal charges but nonetheless politically damaging and Republicans will have to go to the voters in 2018 defending their leader who (non-criminally) colluded with Russia to get elected. That's what the Trump apologists are really afraid of, and they're trying to get out ahead of it now with the narrative that if there's no criminal charges against Trump himself the whole thing was illegitimate ab initio.

Naturally, they are immune to the resounding irony of this line of thought as applied to 20 years of publicly-funded anti-Hilary witch hunts that never generated a single charge against her.

that's a good point...JH/Sailor/Etc. will you still toe the line if it's made clear that Trump campaign colluded with the Russian government but no crimes were committed

Obstruction for firing Comey?

What money was given in violation of campaign finance laws/laundered?

How did Trump's campaign violate the CFAA?

Yes for firing Comey.

Anything of value that a campaign receives must be reported (doesn't have to be financial).

I don't know anything about the CFAA.

Also see Birdmans comments above. This is all pure speculation based on what's public right now. Trump hasn't been charged with anything.

Do people believe that CNN or MSNBC wouldn’t have covered the indictments yesterday if it had been Clinton?

Seems to me just more false equivalency from our friends on the right. Even if you think they’re all bad that doesn’t mean they’re equally bad

Do people believe that CNN or MSNBC wouldn’t have covered the indictments yesterday if it had been Clinton?

Seems to me just more false equivalency from our friends on the right. Even if you think they’re all bad that doesn’t mean they’re equally bad

i will say that i follow NPR and BBC for a lot for my news information and they are much more in line with CNN than Fox. In fact Fox usually doesn't have any relevant information unless it is against Hillary or Obama. they have started talking about some of the Mueller stuff now (how could they not) but more trying discredit Mueller.

I didn’t read campaign violations Boston. Can someone point that out?

This pig is next.

Yes that's correct. My list included MY prediction of what Trump COULD be charged for. Apologies if this wasn't clear.

Yes I agree. Tony Podesta is likely going down as well.

Again if you think yesterday included all of the charges Mueller will hand down, you need to start paying closer attention.

that's a good point...JH/Sailor/Etc. will you still toe the line if it's made clear that Trump campaign colluded with the Russian government but no crimes were committed

Oh and one more thing... remember Kenn Starr was hired to investigate Whitewater. Two people were convicted of crimes around Whitewater but none of their conduct related to the Clintons (sort of like how the Fox spin machine is crowing that Manafort is being charged for conduct unrelated to Trump). But as we all remember, Starr's poking around lead to the Lewinsky scandal which had nothing to do with Whitewater. Even the most ardent Trump apologist has to be afraid that Trump has skeletons in his closet that are much bigger than a lie about oral sex. Mueller may well find some crimes that have nothing to do with Russian collusion. That's another thing that Republicans are afraid of having to defend in 2018 and 2020.

Obstruction for firing Comey?

What money was given in violation of campaign finance laws/laundered?

How did Trump's campaign violate the CFAA?

More than just Comey but that would certainly be part of the evidence. I think Trump, Sessions, Flynn, Manafort, Page, etc. we're all involved in the following:

1. Seeking and receiving Russian assistance during the election including: coordinating with Russia on the hacking of emails and timing of their release and providing Russia with the data necessary to wage their misinformation campaign leading up to the election. This was done in exchange for the lifting of Russia sanctions and other pro-Russia policies.

2. Conspiring to obstruct the FBI investigation into #1.

The CFAA could be an underlying charge in the conspiracy outlined in #1. If Trump officials were involved in some way in the hacking or distribution of hacked emails it certainly would be.

I doubt Mueller will be able to prove #1, or at least the full extent of it. I think he will definitely be able to prove #2.

Carter Page is rumored to be next.

He didn’t rewind his blockbuster video when he returned it.

Glad this is just a joke.

This entire scandal hurts everyone in the country including you. Think about what's important to you and what you would like to our elected leaders to accomplish (national security, taxes, healthcare, whatever it may be). All of this is being pushed aside because our POTUS has no moral compass.

You can blame the librards and cuckservatives all you want but at the end of the day...Trump did this to himself and you will pay a price for it (directly or indirectly).

This is why it is so important to elect leaders of integrity who place YOUR well-being above the well-being of themselves or a party.

Last edited:
Back