• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Confirmed by multiple news outlets now. Time to get some popcorn.

Last edited:
Trump's first response.

The best two explanations I've see are either 1) He will likely be used as a witness since he was in the scif when rosenstein appointed a special counsel or 2) someone in Trumps administration recently asked him to do something and he refused and immediately resigned.

I don't fully understand it, but CNN explained that the United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia is in the line of succession of people who would have to sign on to fire Mueller.

I don't fully understand it, but CNN explained that the United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia is in the line of succession of people who would have to sign on to fire Mueller.

If that's the case then it feels a bit risky.

On the other hand, Mueller might feel it's a risk worth taking. Getting rid of Mueller at this point will be damn near impossible. Plus Congress still has to approve any Trump judicial appointments. Another reason why Trump is a fucking dotard for making enemies with well over half of the body.

Alright last one for the night. Can't wait to read dear leaders obligatory tweetstorm from the shitter tomorrow morning.

The best two explanations I've see are either 1) He will likely be used as a witness since he was in the scif when rosenstein appointed a special counsel or 2) someone in Trumps administration recently asked him to do something and he refused and immediately resigned.

He didn't resign immediately though. Staying on till his successor is confirmed, which could be awhile. I'm guessing he's just had enough of the Trump DOJ but not so much that he felt the need to quit immediately.

Nah. Even if Rosenstein would recuse from that decision, there are other people between him and Boente.

This is obviously why Uranium One became a story again. Some political hack in the DOJ or the target him/herself caught a whiff and they tried to shitcloud before people got into handcuffs.

This is obviously why Uranium One became a story again. Some political hack in the DOJ or the target him/herself caught a whiff and they tried to shitcloud before people got into handcuffs.

Indeed.

I flipped over to Fox News to see what they are covering this morning. They are going nuts over the supposed lack of coverage on the dossier story from the other news channels.

ETA: apparently the charges were covered earlier (kind of)

Last edited:
Still looking for an explanation of why the Hillary campaign paying for the dossier is a big deal. They hired a firm to do oppo research that they didn't even release.

Still looking for an explanation of why the Hillary campaign paying for the dossier is a big deal. They hired a firm to do oppo research that they didn't even release.

Person on Fox was twisting the story to claim that the Clinton campaign paid Russia for dirt on Trump. (And I'll repeat, this isn't news, we knew Dems paid for the dossier in January.)

Pod Save America had a good rant with their resident (anti-Trump) Republican:

It was a distraction so Hillary could cash in from the uranium.

Evan Perez and Pamela Brown were hinting very heavily that more than one person could be indicted on Monday. It very well could have been a slip of the tongue but I think Manafort is a lock since Weissmann is on his case with Flynn a close second. I’d love to see some wildcards though.

These people are desperate.

Manafort
Flynn
Page

Anyone else would likely be indicted for a peripheral charge like perjury or Cohen for money laundering tangentially related to the collusion investigation.

Back