• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Don’t need to be a journalist to know Flynn will flip. He’s got plenty of info and is a high profile name. That’s exactly what the investigators wants

But as someone pointed out yesterday on the TV, he's already viewed as non-trustworthy and liable to say anything to save his own skin, so he's not a good person to get to "flip" as anything he says isn't viewed as credible.

All of the leaks about the investigation have come from the side being investigated. I'd bet it's Flynn's people doing the leaking.

Yes, this was noted yesterday as well (Believe it was Alan Dershowitz). Its basically Flynn saying he's open to the highest bigger. Pardon for Trump, or to flip to Mueller. But Mueller can't really use him since he's already damaged goods, so there's really no shoe about to drop.

Yes, this was noted yesterday as well (Believe it was Alan Dershowitz). Its basically Flynn saying he's open to the highest bigger. Pardon for Trump, or to flip to Mueller. But Mueller can't really use him since he's already damaged goods, so there's really no shoe about to drop.

Yeah. sailor tried to make the point that we couldn't claim Flynn was trying to negotiate a deal with Mueller because Dershowitz said it looked like Flynn was trying to negotiate a deal with either side.

I imagine using bad guys to roll on other bad guys relies on trusting information gained from bad guys.

Yeah. sailor tried to make the point that we couldn't claim Flynn was trying to negotiate a deal with Mueller because Dershowitz said it looked like Flynn was trying to negotiate a deal with either side.

I imagine using bad guys to roll on other bad guys relies on trusting information gained from bad guys.
if what he says can be corroborated then it doesn’t matter if he’s a shit or not

Not charged, pleading guilty. Lock him up!

It will be fun (and sad) to watch sailor, moonz, and palma post links from breitbart/foxnews/conservapaedia/RT demonstrating how this guilty plea is not a big deal, and in fact proves that the President's campaign was not in the wrong.

It will be fun (and sad) to watch sailor, moonz, and palma post links from breitbart/foxnews/conservapaedia/RT demonstrating how this guilty plea is not a big deal, and in fact proves that the President's campaign was not in the wrong.

"It's a good day for Donald Trump"

I think the line will be that Flynn is just a bad apple. Nothing to see here. Glad we got the bad guy.

I think the line will be that Flynn is just a bad apple. Nothing to see here. Glad we got the bad guy.

"Can't believe Obama's administration gave that guy security clearance."

I follow Abramson too, and I hope he ends up being correct (it is a slog following him), but he is a little too sure of himself and seems to venture into conspiracy and exaggeration

Trump has taken special comfort in the reassurances of White House lawyer Ty Cobb, who has offered Trump an optimistic view of the Russia probe, saying that he expects Mueller’s investigation to wrap up by the end of the year and that the White House has little to fear, said two White House officials with knowledge of the conversations.

After Mueller’s indictment of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, Trump had a number of conversations with his attorneys and asked other advisers whether he was being served well, according to one of the White House officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.

Cobb — who initially said he hoped the probe would have concluded by Thanksgiving — has told Trump and other White House officials that Mueller’s investigators will have completed all of their interviews within two weeks and that the special counsel’s office is no longer requesting new documents, the White House official said. Then, Trump’s legal team has suggested, Mueller’s office could write a report clearing the White House.

Hanging out at Mar-a-Lago and at his South Florida golf clubs, Trump told friends, “This investigation’s going to be over with pretty soon,” adding that his attorneys, whom he praised as “brilliant,” had assured him of it, according to two people familiar with the conversations.

Cobb declined to detail his counsel to Trump. “At this stage on the investigation, I don’t want to interfere in the process of the special counsel or talk about any specific discussions that I’m having with the president,” Cobb said in an interview.

Barry Bennett, a former Trump campaign adviser, said: “There are plenty of us who believe the Mueller probe is a lot closer to an end than people think. . . . We’ve got a case where some people did some stupid things, and none of them involved anything as sinister as what the president’s been accused of.”

Some Trump aides and confidants worry about the president’s optimistic assessment of the situation, which he has repeated in conversations in recent weeks, waxing enthusiastically about how he’s eager to be out from under the Russia cloud by 2018.

[B]One outside adviser to Trump warned that the president would “blow a gasket” if there was no statement of exoneration by year’s end.[/B]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-1045pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.9273ca3b6cfd

I guess the gasket is going to explode today or very soon.

Back