• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Barr didn't need to have a press conference at all. He's doing it for the soundbytes to appease the president. He's just coming across as a partisan hack, then abruptly ended the news conference when asked about it.

Lol. That's a little different than what you said last time.

Impressed with the coverage on CNN so far. Looks like they learned their lesson after parroting Barr before.

Barr acted like Trump's defense counsel not the AG of the United States.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mueller-report-read-released-public_n_5ca220c5e4b0fb341d60221d

Mueller also found extensive ties between members of the Trump campaign and Russian officials — but he ultimately did not find that any Trump affiliate illegally participated in Moscow’s efforts to influence the outcome of the 2016 election.

Barr previously released a four-page letter that summarized the “principal conclusions” of Mueller’s investigation. Mueller’s report, Barr wrote, “did not find that the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it conspired or coordinated with Russia in its efforts to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election.”

Those seem to be different things.

First impression: look like there are a lot of "ongoing matters" and "lightly redacted" my ass.

The first drips are coming out. The report says Trump tried to get McGahn to lie. Also, Barr blatantly lied stating that Mueller wasn't concerned about the DOJ policy in not charging Trump on obstruction.

Barr acted like Trump's defense counsel not the AG of the United States.

https://www.politico.com/blogs/politico44/2013/04/eric-holder-im-still-the-presidents-wingman-160861

Attorney General Eric Holder brushed off a question Thursday about when he might leave the administration. Instead, the top lawman professed his allegiance to President Barack Obama.

"I’m still enjoying what I’m doing, there’s still work to be done. I’m still the President’s wing-man, so I’m there with my boy. So we’ll see," Holder said in an interview on the Tom Joyner radio show.

Mueller's report found that lies by Donald’s associates to Congress and the special counsel “materially impaired” the Russian investigation.

Interesting that Barr's conclusion, from the Mueller report, did not support this finding. Or at the least, that Barr somehow concluded that materially impairing the investigation did not warrant any charges for obstruction of justice.

Seems pretty clear that the report does not completely exonerate Donald but rather provides plenty instances where obstruction of justice may have occurred. Mueller left it open to Congress to decide what to do with this. Failure to conclude "proof beyond a reasonable doubt" in an investigation where several key figures refused to provide interviews and/or invoked the Fifth Amendment does not mean there's no evidence of a crime. Further if criminal charges had been (or are to be) brought, it would remove some of these barriers towards reaching the whole truth of the matter.

Report also provides that several Donald associates (who are still under investigation it seems from the redactions) deleted "relevant communications" which would have aided Mueller in reaching a more concrete conclusion.

Pretty clear that Mueller and his team were not buying Trump's lawyers' arguments on obstruction in the least (160-180). Also, clear on p. 182 that they did not conclude that the President committed a crime because "they determined not to make a traditional prosecutroial judgment", and therefore did not draw "ultimate conclusions about the President's conduct."

Last edited:
Also Mueller's conclusion explicitly states that the report "does not exonerate" the President. So Barr's just a fucking liar.

Back