• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

If anyone had any doubts that this was politically motivated. What a classless POS.

Last edited:
I think a big difference between Millennials and older generations is that they're much more socially and culturally liberal - and much less religious in the traditional sense - than older generations are. As a result, the current GOP stance on most social and cultural issues repels them, as we see in poll after poll, and in voting results in Virginia and Alabama (and even in 2016). Of course, there's always the chance that Millennials will somehow undergo a sea change in their beliefs, but it's very unlikely. As long as the GOP keeps pushing a hard-right social and cultural agenda (anti-diversity, anti-abortion, anti-gay rights, anti-feminist, etc.) I just don't see them getting much traction with the under-35 crowd as they age. I think what will eventually happen, when enough boomers have died off, is that the GOP will steadily start to moderate their stance on many social issues, while trying to keep the hard-right economic conservatism. It will be interesting to see if it works.

Last edited:
Make Club Fed Great Again

But seriously where would you put a president? He has secret service protection.

Last edited:
Even if Trump did end up in jail, which he won‘t, he‘d never be sent to a maximum security prison like Sing Sing. He‘d be put in one of those cushy minimum security prisons for white collar fraudsters.

The reason I said Sing-Sing is that it's a NY state prison. He'll never go to federal prison, but state money laundering, tax and/or RICO charges would send him to a state prison.

NY AG doesn't like Trump much and could easily get all of Mueller's info. It would be fun to see in court.

I mean maybe he'll use his "attorney" Donnie, Jr. After all, Junior did to try to use "attorney-client privilege" not to answer questions. :)

I hope Trump will be sharing a cell with a good friend of the Central Park 5 that Trump wanted executed. After they were found totally innocent, Trump still wanted them kept in jail for life.

Why? The rationale for giving a former president protection still exists.

A convicted felon president would be uncharted waters. I would expect secret service protection and pension benefits to be stripped if that ever happened.

Secret service protection is a matter of national security, not a perk.

Who would even be in charge of figuring such a thing out? Would it solely be up to judges, maybe the Supreme Court?

Secret service protection is a matter of national security, not a perk.

Who would even be in charge of figuring such a thing out? Would it solely be up to judges, maybe the Supreme Court?

Congress passed a law in 1997 that former presidents would lose secret service protection after they were out of office for 10 years. That wasn't reversed until 2012.

If you had a president that was convicted of a felony, it is reasonable to assume that Congress would vote to strip them of those perks.

y'all are arguing about whether or not Trump will get secret service protection in jail, when the better debate is whether Mt. Rushmore will get round the clock secret service protection when it's remodeled into Mt. Trumpmore.

Back