• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

I know I upset a few folks when I said this a couple weeks ago, but I still would not be surprised if Mueller issued his findings and left it to congress as to what to do with those findings. Otherwise we'd be facing a Saturday Night Massacre Part Deux with full orchestration and two part harmony.

I really hope he doesn't. The problem is this is a very political matter so it inevitably will be skewed by the crappy media outlets people are following these days. If Dems take back the house and the FBI hands it to the house, then deep state conspiracy sites will have a field day. If the Pubs keep the house and the FBI hands it over, then we have no chance at seeing justice, and an already ass-to-the-wind Republican party will continue to be exposed, at no cost. If the Pubs keep the house and the FBI does not hand it over, then the massacre will happen. I have to believe that the best scenario overall would be Dems take back the house and the FBI handles accordingly. I say this because if deep state nutjobs are actually prominent enough to shape the majority's opinion, then we are already skewed.

Last edited:
We seem sort of screwed no matter what. Trumpublicans (sheep that they are) just going to go with whatever Trump/Limbaugh/Hannity/Fox/etc. say.

Agree, we should be less screwed if Dems take the house. Hopefully they will.

Even better if they could somehow also take the Senate. Seems unlikely though.

...surprising no person with even the slightest ability to think well.

Which is almost the problem in some ways. Especially on the obstruction investigation, I doubt we get anything new from Mueller’s report. Maybe some private conversations confirming what Trump has admitted to publicly, but it’s hard to think of a gun with more smoke coming out of it than admitting to obstruction of justice on national TV.

We seem sort of screwed no matter what. Trumpublicans (sheep that they are) just going to go with whatever Trump/Limbaugh/Hannity/Fox/etc. say.

Agree, we should be less screwed if Dems take the house. Hopefully they will.

Even better if they could somehow also take the Senate. Seems unlikely though.

Yeah, I'm not overly optimistic about our republic's future - short or long term.

Trump is such an idiot in telegraphing his moves to Mueller. There will be some data and so many cases doled out around the country that Trump could be chasing them for years versus having them all in DC.

amen, we are fucked

As much as I hate admitting it, I largely agree with this.

At the beginning of this debacle, I naively believed the GOP (elected officials and supporters) would draw a red line on Trump conspiring with a foreign adversary to tip an election. At a minimum, I thought they would at least welcome an investigation into Russian election interference.

Instead they’ve tried to obstruct it at every step of the way and at every level.

If we can’t put aside partisan politics to legitimately chase down the truth on a subject like this, then we are truly fucked.

Trump is such an idiot in telegraphing his moves to Mueller. There will be some data and so many cases doled out around the country that Trump could be chasing them for years versus having them all in DC.

400+ electoral college votes for Hillary!

Back