• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

I love the whole process crimes way of justifying. "Yeah, they're crimes, but not collusion!"

It goes back to an argument I had on here back near the start of all of this. Trump has committed so many different crimes that it's basically a toss up as to which one of those finally brings him down.

Well, Mueller was supposed to find collusion and all he's found are a bunch of other crimes. So time to end the witch hunt!

It goes back to an argument I had on here back near the start of all of this. Trump has committed so many different crimes that it's basically a toss up as to which one of those finally brings him down.

What makes you think he'll be brought down?

What makes you think he'll be brought down?

I don't know how Trump will actually get out of this. I'm not sure he can. Cohen was just sentenced to jail, in part, for election fraud, which he says he conducted at Trump's direction. This is just one small part of the case Mueller and, separately, the feds are building. They're going to do their homework. Trump is a sloppy moron. Choose your horse.

How though? I still haven't seen anybody describe a specific process by which this will realistically take him down beyond costing him the 2020 election.

How though? I still haven't seen anybody describe a specific process by which this will realistically take him down beyond costing him the 2020 election.

Destroying his re-election chances are included in bringing him down. I still think resigning or impeachment will only become more likely from this point forward as the severity of his crimes becomes undeniable.

Junior.

If they indict the kid and he starts looking at major prison time then that could be the leverage needed to finally get him to step down...which is the only way he’s removed because the GOP will not impeach him.

resigning is not going to happen. For that to occur, the occupant of the white house would need to be able to reflect on and feel guilt or shame about something they did. Its pretty well established that Trump has no shame whatsoever.

Nothing too good for the party of family values.

Junior.

If they indict the kid and he starts looking at major prison time then that could be the leverage needed to finally get him to step down...which is the only way he’s removed because the GOP will not impeach him.

Resigning isn’t taking him down.

Keep in mind, Cohen just got 3 years after a plea deal for acting at the direction of Trump. Trump’s got to do time. If he resigns and is still tweeting and he’s a kingmaker in the GOP, he’s not being punished.

resigning is not going to happen. For that to occur, the occupant of the white house would need to be able to reflect on and feel guilt or shame about something they did. Its pretty well established that Trump has no shame whatsoever.

Oh, he could resign (b/c he thinks it’s in his best interest) with head held high claiming he’s accomplished enough and needs to got back to his business, etc. No need to admit wrongdoing, etc. I think the main reason he hasn’t yet is he still feels remaining in office is in his and his family’s best interest.

The idiot.

I could see him resigning in martyrdom.

Real talk I wouldn’t give two shits if he dropped dead but could you imagine how charged up the rubes would be if he had a heart attack? They’d blame the stresses of the witch hunt and we’d have a revolution on our hands.

Back