• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Smallest and dumbest revolution ever

I would temporarily suspend my anti-drone/anti-killing US citizens on US soil with drones feelings for that revolution

For a small group of dumbasses, they have caused an impressive degree of mayhem.

A sitting president resigning isn't taking him down? Okay.

Not him. Not for this. He’s not even a politician. This wouldn’t be the ultimate career failure that it was for Nixon. If he resigned and kept his money and business and twitter account, it would basically be an Obi-Wan situation.

Oh, he could resign (b/c he thinks it’s in his best interest) with head held high claiming he’s accomplished enough and needs to got back to his business, etc. No need to admit wrongdoing, etc. I think the main reason he hasn’t yet is he still feels remaining in office is in his and his family’s best interest.

The idiot.

This.

Trump is ultimately a big pussy so I think a resignation is very possible.

He’s the kind of guy who hits the power button on the Nintendo system because he’s getting his ass beat in Tecmo Bowl. Then he claims he didn’t lose because the game shut off.

Junior.

If they indict the kid and he starts looking at major prison time then that could be the leverage needed to finally get him to step down...which is the only way he’s removed because the GOP will not impeach him.

Are you suggesting he would accept consequences to protect someone else?

lol

This.

Trump is ultimately a big pussy so I think a resignation is very possible.

He’s the kind of guy who hits the power button on the Nintendo system because he’s getting his ass beat in Tecmo Bowl. Then he claims he didn’t lose because the game shut off.
Why would he resign? Being President might be the only thing keeping him out of prison.

Are you suggesting he would accept consequences to protect someone else?

lol

I didn’t say it was likely...it’s just about the only way he’s gone before he’s voted out. And going after his kids is the only thing that could make him consider it.

I still don't understand this whole line of logic that it's Justice Dept. policy that the President is above the law, and that can't change. It used to be that the Dept. of Education's policy was that segregation was a-ok. And it used to be the United States government's policy that slavery was cool.

Trump has a long history of walking away from losing propositions and declaring victory/blaming everyone else. I see no reason why the Presidency would be any different, especially if he can get Pence to pardon him and his kids on the way out the door. It's essentially the Presidential version of declaring bankruptcy. Just need the pressure to build up enough. Could depend on what his Mar A Lago buddies are whispering to him during executive time. If they start telling him to pull the ripcord and plant the idea that he can spin it as a victory, he might very well go for it.

Why in the world do y’all think Donald J Trump gives a flying fuck about his kids? He prides himself on his sons because it’s an antiquated symbol of masculinity, he wants to fuck Ivanka because she’s hot, and he doesn’t care at all about Tiffany.

Why in the world do y’all think Donald J Trump gives a flying fuck about his kids? He prides himself on his sons because it’s an antiquated symbol of masculinity, he wants to fuck Ivanka because she’s hot, and he doesn’t care at all about Tiffany.

Because failing to protect his own kids, especially when they are targeted for being his kids/trying to help him, would be threatening to his inflated sense of being the supreme masculine patriarch. If Don Jr. was in trouble for gambling or drinking or something, I have no doubt papa would throw him to the wolves. But if Don Jr. is indicted for trying to help his dad's campaign, that's a direct threat to Trump's masculinity complex.

Why would he resign? Being President might be the only thing keeping him out of prison.

This

He would only do it if Pence pardons him.

The thing about this is, Trump lies in every deal he makes, so if Pence promises to pardon him, he'd have to consider the risk that Pence is lying too. On the other had, Kim Jong Un seems to have him fooled.

Because failing to protect his own kids, especially when they are targeted for being his kids/trying to help him, would be threatening to his inflated sense of being the supreme masculine patriarch. If Don Jr. was in trouble for gambling or drinking or something, I have no doubt papa would throw him to the wolves. But if Don Jr. is indicted for trying to help his dad's campaign, that's a direct threat to Trump's masculinity complex.

This is all true, but Cadet Bone Spurs is likely too much of a coward to actually try to put himself in harms way to protect his kids.

I still don't understand this whole line of logic that it's Justice Dept. policy that the President is above the law, and that can't change. It used to be that the Dept. of Education's policy was that segregation was a-ok. And it used to be the United States government's policy that slavery was cool.

I think part of the concept of not making a POTUS legally liable is to protect them from being charged for things that happen with the military and foreign affairs. Of course, it's not explicitly laid out in the Constitution.

The hypocritical part is that the people most supporting this stance are the same people who say they believe in the literal interpretation of the Constitution.

Real talk I wouldn’t give two shits if he dropped dead but could you imagine how charged up the rubes would be if he had a heart attack? They’d blame the stresses of the witch hunt and we’d have a revolution on our hands.

Idk, a key quality of rubedom is being a fearful chickenshit so I think they’ll just slither back under their troll bridges rather than actually back up their words.

There is at least one open candidate to replace Kelly as Chief of Staff- Jose Canseco. He'd be perfect for Trump. POTUS could blame Jose for everything.

Back