• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Solid troll job by the FBI here.

One word: Venona.

Just when you think you've seen it all in the Mueller investigation, you are proven wrong. Mueller is calling Manhattan Madam Kristin Davis to testify about Roger Stone. She said that since 2010 she has "worked for Roger as a web designer". Haven't heard euphemism before for a madam's trade.

By the way, she is madam who helped bring down NY AG Eliot Spitzer.

Yeah. I’ve been of the opinion that Trump isn’t the big fish in all this. There are lots of big fish who need to go down and Trump is just being used by a lot of them.

You realize that Trump is the President of the United States, right ?

Good read but I disagree about the nature of the Komprmat being financial and not sexual. His (supposed) financial prowess is what his dedicated followers like about him, what look up to him for. That he may have broken a few financial rules with Russian oligarchs would just cement his reputation as being some kind of business cowboy who thumbs his nose at the ‘deep state’ like a character in movie. The ONLY thing financial of value might be that he is flat broke, or close to it.

The interesting thing about ‘sistema’ is the ambiguity. If you’ve ever been involved in a group of people who are selling drugs then you kinda know the feeling of kompromat - everyone knowing who is involved, should the cops start rounding everyone up - but at least you know what they have on you. According to that, in Russia these guys don’t know who was what on them and that ambiguity is the controlling force, the glue that holds the whole thing together. So Trump, who has not only done a lot of untoward and illegal shit - financial, sexual, moral - but can’t keep his goddamn mouth shut about anything, is now totally beholden to these Russians and ‘sistema.’

What an asshole..

Good read but I disagree about the nature of the Komprmat being financial and not sexual. His (supposed) financial prowess is what his dedicated followers like about him, what look up to him for. That he may have broken a few financial rules with Russian oligarchs would just cement his reputation as being some kind of business cowboy who thumbs his nose at the ‘deep state’ like a character in movie. The ONLY thing financial of value might be that he is flat broke, or close to it.

The interesting thing about ‘sistema’ is the ambiguity. If you’ve ever been involved in a group of people who are selling drugs then you kinda know the feeling of kompromat - everyone knowing who is involved, should the cops start rounding everyone up - but at least you know what they have on you. According to that, in Russia these guys don’t know who was what on them and that ambiguity is the controlling force, the glue that holds the whole thing together. So Trump, who has not only done a lot of untoward and illegal shit - financial, sexual, moral - but can’t keep his goddamn mouth shut about anything, is now totally beholden to these Russians and ‘sistema.’

What an asshole..

Really good take on the article.

To PH and Biff's points above, I have a feeling when all is said and done, Mueller will be taking a swing at the "sistema"...especially the parts that touch the United States. I think that's what PH meant by saying Trump isn't the biggest fish (although he's certainly a huge one).

Russian mob, oligarchs, Putin, dirty banks, Republican Party, the NRA, Trump and others...any corruption here will likely be exposed. We're certainly seeing the tips of some of these icebergs today.

That is what I meant.

For anyone following the Mueller investigation closely, I listened to two podcasts this week that you won't want to miss.

1. Lawfare Blog Podcast from 7/13 on Mueller's latest indictments and what they mean for Trump and his inner circle. All participants are either national security lawyers or journalists who follow natsec law closely (i.e. they know what they are talking about)

Quick hit: Good legal take without getting too wonky for those of us who aren't legal eagles. Trump and his inner circle have a lot to worry about.

2. Pod Save America with Marcy Wheeler (7/17)

Wheeler is a progressive journalist and privacy rights activist who is usually really hard on the intelligence community. She also wrote at one point that the whole Russia story was bogus (I think moonz or sailor even posted this article at some point).

Since then, she actually reported one of her sources to the FBI because she believes the source was involved in cyberattacks against the country (details are sketchy for obvious reasons but it's related to Trump/Russia). She provides some more detail about her decision to report the source to the FBI and says there are a lot more shoes to drop in the Mueller investigation...including her part of the story.

Last edited:
Lets see about Russia and Trump:

His son said they got money for projects from Russia.
His and son-in-law met with Russian operatives at Trump Tower.
His National Security Advisor (Kelly) was involved with the Russians and has pleaded guilty.
His Campaign Manager was employed by Russians close to Putin for over a decade.
His Deputy Campaign Manager (Rick Gates) pleaded guilty to many charges and worked with Manafort and the Russians.
Long-time aid Carter Paige has admitted to being an "informal "advisor" to the Russian government
A long-time political confidant Roger Stone has long lasting contacts with Putin allies.
Putin's bank loaned the BK Trump Toronto $150,000,000
Campaign Aide Papadopolous has pleaded guilty to lying to Mueller about his ties to Russia.

There's much more, but the above must show there is no there there.

Back