• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

According to Lawrence Tribe if the House decides to have an impeachment inquiry, they can pierce the cloak of grand jury privacy. He also says the committee can vote that Trump has committed high crimes (and other crimes) and misdemeanors without ever taking an impeachment vote. This would deny McConnell the ability to find Trump not guilty or not hold a vote.

Truer words. Reminds me of an article I posted a few months ago from a former tea partier turned progressive. She said the first thing she did that started her transition was to actually read the Bible.

Also for some reason if you listen to right wing talk radio a lot of the more dimwitted hosts and callers pronounce him/the report “Myouller” rather than “Muller.” Morons.

The House should give Hicks and McGahn immunity. That way they can't take the 5th and would have a huge hurdle to show why they won't answer or appear fully.

The House should give Hicks and McGahn immunity. That way they can't take the 5th and would have a huge hurdle to show why they won't answer or appear fully.

I think it is slightly more complicated than that. I could be wrong, but believe immunity from congress does not necessarily equal immunity from criminal prosecution so you could still take the 5th.

I think it is slightly more complicated than that. I could be wrong, but believe immunity from congress does not necessarily equal immunity from criminal prosecution so you could still take the 5th.

"Under federal law, Congress has the power to grant immunity to witnesses who testify at congressional hearings. ... Once immunity is granted, nothing the witness says can be used in a criminal prosecution."

"Under federal law, Congress has the power to grant immunity to witnesses who testify at congressional hearings. ... Once immunity is granted, nothing the witness says can be used in a criminal prosecution."

:thumbsup:

The exception is if they commit perjury while testifying. At that point everything they had said can be used against them and they can be charged with perjury on top of that.

BTW, more witness tampering by Trump this morning is "approving" of Flynn's new lawyer. Flynn should have gotten life.

A question for the lawyers- If Flynn gets a pardon and later on Trump is convicted of witness tampering for giving that pardon, is the pardon rescinded?

Thanks, but it doesn't answer that if the pardon is given furtherance of an ongoing criminal conspiracy.

Trump is begging Don McGahn to testify to Congress by calling him a liar on his testimony. Why would McGahn not testify now?

Back