• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

“Defendant PAPADOPOULOS lied to special agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, concerning a federal investigation based out of the District of Columbia, about the timing, extent, and nature of his relationships and interactions with certain foreign nationals whom he understood to have close connections with senior Russian government officials.”

NOTHING BURGER

“Defendant PAPADOPOULOS lied to special agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, concerning a federal investigation based out of the District of Columbia, about the timing, extent, and nature of his relationships and interactions with certain foreign nationals whom he understood to have close connections with senior Russian government officials.”

DNZGlKHW4AAUukP.jpg:large

Is that bad? It sounds bad.

How do we use all of this to bring Trump down? Sounds a lot like the smoke around Nixon.

LOL at Trump tweeting there is NO COLLUSION at almost exactly the same time the Papadopolous plea is unsealed that directly admits to collusion.

Read the indictment, Manafort and Gates were not "laundering money for the Russians" they were laundering money for themselves. The charges all relate to the failure of Manafort and Gates to register as agents of a foreign power, failure to report money held in foreign bank accounts, and then using that money on spending in the US while failing to report the income. The current charges have nothing to do with Manafort and Gates' work on the Trump campaign. I am sure that Mueller is hoping he can use these charges to obtain cooperation in his investigation of others, but the current charges do not have anything to do with Manafort's work on the Trump Campaign.

Thanks!

Manafort better hire a food taster and a ton of new security. Putin doesn't give pink slips to those whom he fires or thinks may act against him.

Read the indictment, Manafort and Gates were not "laundering money for the Russians" they were laundering money for themselves. The charges all relate to the failure of Manafort and Gates to register as agents of a foreign power, failure to report money held in foreign bank accounts, and then using that money on spending in the US while failing to report the income. The current charges have nothing to do with Manafort and Gates' work on the Trump campaign. I am sure that Mueller is hoping he can use these charges to obtain cooperation in his investigation of others, but the current charges do not have anything to do with Manafort's work on the Trump Campaign.

But the time period of "conspiracy against the United States" includes the time when he was in charge of the Trump Campaign.

Damn. I clearly underestimated how many people watched Webster back in the day. I was looking forward to making those jokes.

Back