• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Manafort must have acted alone in communicating to Russia and all the lying was just for fun.....#WHITEWASH

Manafort was acting to serve his own corrupt motives

You people must be naive because I can’t make myself believe you are this dumb

Manafort was acting to serve his own corrupt motives

You people must be naive because I can’t make myself believe you are this dumb

This may be true, but it still speaks volumes that Trump hired a criminally corrupt guy to lead his campaign for presidency. The best people, you know.

Here's a wild question -Now that Trump believes he's in the clear how much more will he do?

and the sanctions were dropped bc?
don jr adopting a russian child ?
the change of platform on the ukraine situation?
you are so full of shit moonz

Pretty sure Joy Reid is onto something here... I smell a cover-up.

Just surprised the investigative experts on the Tunnels Left haven't connected the dots (yet?) on this one:

I posted this on the Mueller report is delivered thread but then realized that thread is a Moonz thread and thus is partially a joke. So reposting on this thread:

just read the Barr summary. There are going to be a lot of continuing questions about this and Congress is going to be having hearings for a while on the full report. Basically, Barr summarizes that Mueller decided Trump and his campaign's actions did not rise to the level of legal "conspiracy", which in fn 1 of the summary is defined as an "agreement", either tacit or express. At the far end of the extreme, this does not mean that Mueller concluded Trump is not Trump is sympathetic to and/or compromised by Russian interests. It simply means that Mueller did not find sufficient legal evidence to prove that Trump legally conspired with the Russians. In this, Guiliani is correct, "collusion" is not a crime. Conspiracy is the crime. And there was not enough evidence to determine that there was an agreement on Trump or his campaign's part to prove conspiracy. I imagine Congress will want to investigate the numerous dalliances between Russia and the Trump campaign even if there was not sufficient evidence of an agreement to conspire to influence the election between the two.

On the obstruction charge, this was Barr's greatest work. Mueller laid out the facts and law on both sides of the equation, including the legal issue of whether the President can be charged with obstrution, as well as the complicated facts. Mueller likely wants the issue debated by Congress. However, Barr took it upon himself to conclude that the DOJ is now the arbiter of whether Trump obstructed justice. Barr decided that Trump did not, and in reaching that conclusion, he relied on the conclusion that there was no evidence of "conpsiracy". So then the question is, if there was not a crime committed that Trump was trying to cover up, could Trump still have tried to obstruct justice by short-circuiting the investigation into whether a crime existed. Clearly the answer to that can be "yes." Yet, Barr took it upon himself to conclude that there was no obstruction. Congress is going to investigate this extensively I imagine.

Good summary. Will also point that Barr’s letter does not rule out the possibility that there is enough evidence to establish a Trump/Russia conspiracy unrelated to election meddling (I.e. Trump Tower Moscow for sanctions relief). It appears that Mueller’s report didn’t answer that question.

It’s pretty clear Barr ended the investigation before Mueller could finish some of the investigations.

Reasonable take based on reading Barr’s summary and the timing.

Trump pulled off a Saturday Night Massacre over just under four months.

I'm not with you on this, Ph

Barr is a total scam. Here's what he said about Mueller's investigation before taking the job to clear Trump:

https://www.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/BarrMueller.pdf

"Mueller's obstruction theory is fatally misconceived."

What outcome other than what we got from Barr? The fix was in the day he was nominated to be AG.

You realize your shitting your pants over alleged obstruction of justice involving a non crime?

You get this don’t you?

There was no collusion, never was

So tell me about this obstruction of justice Barr is hiding

Not forming any opinions until I can read the full report. What are they hiding if this exonerates the serial sexual assaulter/rapist who pays off his mistresses? Can't wait for NY to go after him.

Back