• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Omnibus Bowl Projections Thread - Belk Bowl

...its important for us all to remember that the bowls pick their teams based on potential revenue and exposure. Wins and losses only serve to qualify their selection pool. To be honest, I don't think the Quick Lane Bowl or even the Birmingham Bowl would want Wake if they could avoid it. Fortunately, I think our record will be such that they are required to place us in a tier one match-up. The 4 Tier One bowls collaborate to make their picks - the Belk Bowl is basically falling on the sword and conceding that they will have the best engagement from Wake fans of all of the options. Thats, not a knock on the team or the quality of our fans....just a numbers game.

Why would that be "falling on the sword" for them to take Wake? When we went there in 2007, we had a larger crowd than UNC in 2009, Duke in 2012, UNC in 2013, or NCST in 2015.

I would think that Wake would be their first choice from the eligible teams.

Last edited:
Happy for Charlotte that we finally get to compare them to a city they are clearly superior to.

Personally, I would like for us to play in either the Pin Stripe or Sun Bowls simply because Wake has never played in either of those bowls.

Yeah, easy to forget when there's only 2 out of 40 not on ESPN family. Can you say monopoly?

Yes you can. It makes for some awful scheduling and few choices.

I'm hoping for Belk vs. Mississippi State. Would be oh so sweet to beat them.

charlotte_got_alot.jpg

charlotte1.jpg

Someone who prefers El Paso to Charlotte. Hmm OK, definitely do not see how that works.

I do prefer El Paso to Charlotte, because it's not something I've experienced a million times. If I had my pick out of the potential bowls, I would choose one of the Florida ones.

I do prefer El Paso to Charlotte, because it's not something I've experienced a million times. If I had my pick out of the potential bowls, I would choose one of the Florida ones.

Are you on the team? Or planning to make the bowl trip no matter where it is played?

I would like the Florida ones as well. Would prefer not to get El Paso that’s for damn sure. Finding things to do in uptown Charlotte is really easy and would be a great place to coordinate an event for the Deacon Club at a bar or brewery because of the alum base there already (OMB Deacon Club event yes please).

Like the one two hours from your house ?

Savannah's a nice enough town ? Why don't they have a bowl game ?

Yes you can. It makes for some awful scheduling and few choices.

I like the playoff, needed one for a long time. However, I can remember it being kind of cool having the Orange and Sugar Bowl games going on at the same time and some years the outcomes of those 2 games would decide the national champion and all the scenerios that could be created. Not saying I would want to go back to that, but it was interesting.

If I was playing, I'd be rooting for El Paso over Charlotte.

56-60 degrees > 46 degrees

Last edited:
If I was playing, I'd be rooting for El Paso over Charlotte.

56-60 degrees > 46 degrees

I recall the year we played in Charlotte it was unseasonably warm. I think I just wore a t-shirt during the first half.

Back