• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Omnibus Bowl Projections Thread - Belk Bowl

I would think there would be some cache for college players to get to play in a nice NFL stadium. Also good for our younger players to get exposure to that stadium since they will be playing there against Notre Dame down the road.

I would think there would be some cache for college players to get to play in a nice NFL stadium. Also good for our younger players to get exposure to that stadium since they will be playing there against Notre Dame down the road.

Good points. Although it would be only the current RS freshman that would see Charlotte in 2020

If I was playing, I'd be rooting for El Paso over Charlotte.

56-60 degrees > 46 degrees

I seem to recall it snowing during the Sun Bowl, perhaps a couple of times. That's possible in CLT as well but pretty unlikely.

I do prefer El Paso to Charlotte, because it's not something I've experienced a million times. If I had my pick out of the potential bowls, I would choose one of the Florida ones.

So you prefer the closest bowl to you as well? Shocking development. I live in Charlotte, and would prefer Miami, Orlando, or Yankee Stadium to the Belk Bowl, but all of those seem extremely unlikely. Wishing El Paso on the team/fan base over Charlotte as their bowl destination is pretty mind boggling.

So you prefer the closest bowl to you as well? Shocking development. I live in Charlotte, and would prefer Miami, Orlando, or Yankee Stadium to the Belk Bowl, but all of those seem extremely unlikely. Wishing El Paso on the team/fan base over Charlotte as their bowl destination is pretty mind boggling.

No, I prefer Orlando, which is just as far as Charlotte for me.

My original point, which you must have missed, was that going to Charlotte hardly seems like a big reward for a season's worth of hard work for the players - given that their school is so close and that most have likely visited the area.

No, I prefer Orlando, which is just as far as Charlotte for me.

My original point, which you must have missed, was that going to Charlotte hardly seems like a big reward for a season's worth of hard work for the players - given that their school is so close and that most have likely visited the area.

not that he would say anything about it, but would be interesting to know Clawson's thoughts as to whether he'd rather have a close bowl filled with Wake fans or a more exotic destination (relatively speaking) but with lower fan support

I don't get all the hard-ons to play S. Carolina. I can't think of another team I'd like to see us play less. Like playing Clemson in a bowl.

Who do you want WF to play against?

I don't get all the hard-ons to play S. Carolina. I can't think of another team I'd like to see us play less. Like playing Clemson in a bowl.

Because they're a big SEC school with some recent success that we'd have a very good chance to beat? You'd rather play Arizona or Kentucky?

I love it how everyone is arguing about which bowl we should be going to........as opposed to wishing we could simply go to one.

My, how things have changed

I'm sure this has been mentioned in the 18 pages, but the Kentucky-Louisville basketball game is at the same time as the Belk Bowl. I saw a reporter on Twitter say the UK AD was asked about it and said he "wouldn't be opposed" to playing a bowl game on the same day as UK-UL, but it didn't sound like it would be his preference. Not sure how much that would affect the Belk Bowl's selection process, if at all.

I'm sure this has been mentioned in the 18 pages, but the Kentucky-Louisville basketball game is at the same time as the Belk Bowl. I saw a reporter on Twitter say the UK AD was asked about it and said he "wouldn't be opposed" to playing a bowl game on the same day as UK-UL, but it didn't sound like it would be his preference. Not sure how much that would affect the Belk Bowl's selection process, if at all.

Yeah. He can't come out and tell the Belk Bowl to suck it, but obviously they don't want to split up the fanbase.

Yeah. He can't come out and tell the Belk Bowl to suck it, but obviously they don't want to split up the fanbase.

What fanbase. There is only one fanbase at Kentucky and they prefer the bouncy round ball.

Back